Intel Wireless driver

jalavoui

3,992 posts in this topic

Hi Guys,

I have got a custom built laptop, Intel Core Duo 1.66 with a sucky 3495 in it.

I have had Macos on it previously and i loved it, except the Wireless didnt work so i got rid of it.

Im using 10.4.5 (JaS) going to update soon to 10.4.7

I need to know DOES the 3495 work? Even if it doesnt do DHCP?

If its a yes, I will load on Mac OS tonight, if not ill leave it.

Thanks again guys and Great work!!! :P

Sean :thumbsup_anim:

yup, the two only things missing right now, a decent wireless driver as well as better sound support, otherwise the support is amazing.

Im getting weird permissions error posted in the previous log. There are only the files Apple80211.framework from /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks and IO80211Family.kext from /System/Library/Extensions that need to be swapped with the ones from the update patch ( 10.4.7 ), right?

Edit:

Here is the kextload log on 10.4.8

kextload_1048.txt

Edited by patatester

hey guys,

this thread should urgently moved to the XLabs!!!!

I'm pretty sure there are alot more 2200 and 3945 users beeing able to test and help...

and i'm also pretty sure that some guys from the XLabs can also help fixing the firmware-loading issue...

just my 2 cents.... :whistle:

by the way: tested the 3945-kext and had the same issues as all the others had...

did anybody with a 3945 downgrade the 2 files to 10.4.7 already? did it change anything?

cheers

sheriff

Edited by sheriffbounce

Found out the problem, and fixed.

Having the same issue as others

Detects as a airport, but doesnt detect wireless accesspoints, Try and connect to the home wireless and it says, An error accored Try again or cancel.

So good work guys so far!

If im doing anything wrong please let me know.

Would it be legal for one of us to collect the required files and attach them in this thread with the instructions?

I'm sure it would make things easier for a lot of the users and testers here.

I'm doing my best to locate the required updates for the files.

Thanks.

EDIT: I ask if its legal because the updates are distrobuted freely but I wonder if they need to be distrobuted in the update executable or not. Could anyone please advise who may have an idea about this as I'd be guessing.

Edited by plonka2000

hey guys,

this thread should urgently moved to the XLabs!!!!

I'm pretty sure there are alot more 2200 and 3945 users beeing able to test and help...

and i'm also pretty sure that some guys from the XLabs can also help fixing the firmware-loading issue...

Move the thread!

There should be more testers considering the number of view to this thread!

by the way: tested the 3945-kext and had the same issues as all the others had...

did anybody with a 3945 downgrade the 2 files to 10.4.7 already? did it change anything?

cheers

sheriff

Doesn't seem like 10.4.7 helped for the iwi3945.kext. I haven't got a chance to test 10.4.5 or 10.4.6, although i am not very optimistic since 10.4.7 gave me dependencies error as specified in my previous 2 posts.

You should give it a shot though, it takes 5 minutes and since im still a noob to os x , there s a possibility i made a mistake while downgrading those files.

Is this driver working already, I read the topic but don't understand a lot of al the codes here...

I saw something about DHCP that's not working, does this driver works without DHCP, so then I can uwe static ip?

When it is working, how do I need to install it?

Thanx a lot!

Keep up this good work!

Anyone know why the 3945 driver is not able to detect the adapter's mac address ?

Wireless hotkey does not help

ifconfig en1 up / down does not help

Im out of ideas, and this would be the first step to resolving the problem in my case. From what I see, the driver does correctly detect the mac address in other systems...

The p_disable helped a little bit on the 3945 driver. It seems like it is communicating at least sort of with the card now. doing an ifconfig en1 up will actually pause for 1-2 seconds, whereas before it didn't do anything.

Here is the system.log of what is happening for those steps:

kextload -v iwi3945.kext

ifconfig en1 up

ifconfig en1 down

ifconfig en1 up

system.txt

Hi,

here the system log from 10.4.8 semthex kernel 8.8.1 intel 3945abg, p_disable option set to "0"

recognize as Airport but no acces point found using iwi3945 v1,

i tried to setup my acces point manually but no way, the MAC adresse: 00:00:00:00:00:00 ??

Thank you xkazu for your help.

dmesg.txt

Edited by minimoa

what i could never understand is why linux's ndiswrapper wasn't ported by darwinports or fink AGES ago...

also, in regards to all problems MACTABLET, things like "setserial" which is apparently a linux specific, yet the source is only a few kilobytes to go through and rework.

come on, people, show some freakin logic for once.

you, guys, seem to have so much free time to play with.

this is a classic one, why do you bother to say things that you /know/ will {censored} people off. I see this in every forum I've ever been in, people working on a project such as this, and others belittling them for it.

no wonder nothing gets done. half the time.

just chill man, each to his own, don't be commenting on people's free time, it's none of your business.

paringas, if u r so damn freaking good, do the full porting for us, instead of talking so much about how easy it is....

actions speaks louder than words..... if u dont appreciate the work here, go somewhere else, u and ur comments do not deserve to be in this community of ppl who are helping each other out....

Hi Guys,

Just looking in the 'About your mac' section and i found info that might help you guys.

Let me know where else you want me to go to get more info. I need to ghost mac cos

im currently trying Sound Drivers, I hate Kernel Panics!

Well heres a screen shot for you guys.

Keep up the Great Coding! =D

Sean

My_Info.tiff

Interesting , heres my output, seems like theres an extra IEEE80211 section at the bottom

AirPort:
 Type:	IEEE80211
 BSD Device Name:	en1
 Hardware (MAC) Address:	00:00:00:00:00:00
 IPv4:
 Configuration Method:	DHCP
 IPv6:
 Configuration Method:	Automatic
 AppleTalk:
 Configuration Method:	Node
 Proxies:
 Proxy Configuration Method:	2