ATI Mobility X1600, X1700 and others

TheMaxx32000

435 posts in this topic

and here is yours...

:'( It doesn't work...I've black screen on my laptop monitor...

I've insert the kexts of ATIinjet PART1 in /System/Library/Extension and then the ATIinject.kext that you have done for me; then I've chown -R root:wheel and chmod -R 755 for every kext I've put in /System/Library/Extension and than I've rebooted...

I've missed something or make some error?

just a thought could i be getting these boxes on my screen cause its a widescreen and the card is getting overclocked for some reason. i have resolution options but just boxes all along and cant get out of sleep.

Also please let me know what i should do with these files and afterwards, thanks

Edited by AVPS

:'( It doesn't work...I've black screen on my laptop monitor...

I've insert the kexts of ATIinjet PART1 in /System/Library/Extension and then the ATIinject.kext that you have done for me; then I've chown -R root:wheel and chmod -R 755 for every kext I've put in /System/Library/Extension and than I've rebooted...

I've missed something or make some error?

do not take the files from the first post...

i posted some other kexts some pages later...use these files plus the ATIinject i gave u

just a thought could i be getting these boxes on my screen cause its a widescreen and the card is getting overclocked for some reason. i have resolution options but just boxes all along and cant get out of sleep.

Also please let me know what i should do with these files and afterwards, thanks

the graphicerror got nothing to do with widescreen... i have a widescreen too as external and i have no boxes at all... also don't think that ATIinject is really the right method for u... i still think that the boris method should work (as long as u connect the tft via a DVI2VGA adapter)

connected DVI to VGA connector still get boxes, Direct Vga get Boxes, Direct DVI still get boxes, i have tried the boris methos a number of times, do i need to change some file to an older version cuase i have 10.4.8 alll the way

do not take the files from the first post...

i posted some other kexts some pages later...use these files plus the ATIinject i gave u

I've tried with your files but it doesn't work...

Have I to copy only ATINDRV.kext, IONDRVSupport.kext and ATIinjext.kext into /System/Library/Extensions?

Didn't I need ATIRadeonX1000.kext, ATIRadeonX1000GA.plugin and ATIRadeonX1000VADriver.bundle that are in ATIinject-Pack#Part1?

I've tried with your files but it doesn't work...

Have I to copy only ATINDRV.kext, IONDRVSupport.kext and ATIinjext.kext into /System/Library/Extensions?

Didn't I need ATIRadeonX1000.kext, ATIRadeonX1000GA.plugin and ATIRadeonX1000VADriver.bundle that are in ATIinject-Pack#Part1?

okay this method is working with: clean 10.4.8 kernel 8.8.1 JAS DVD install....

just take the ATINDRV.kext and IONDRVSupport.kext i posted before + the ATIinject.kext i create directly for u

remove the old ATINDRV.kext and IONDRVSupport.kext from the extensions folder and copy the 3 new files there

open terminal

cd /system/library

rm extensions.kextcache extensions.mkext

cd extensions

sudo -s

enter password

chown -R root:wheel ATINDRV.kext IONDRVSupport.kext ATIinject.kext

chmod -R 755 ATINDRV.kext IONDRVSupport.kext ATIinject.kext

exit

open diskutility and repair permissions

reboot...

sorry guys i'm sick of writing this instructions again and again...they never change so please read the thread before asking

no offense but i already offer everybody to create the ATIinject for everybody...

and as long as you send me there correct EDID information of your internal display and you follow the steps above the method also works for mobility x1600

cheers and good luck

sheriff

sheriff i am going re install jas 10.4.8 amd intel sse2 sse3 beta v2 again and then u tell me what i should try

last idea (since i don'T have the non-mobility version of x1600) give me your email and I'll send you the 10.4.5 versions of the ati-files already prepared for your card...

maybe this works...

but please be a lil patient, tomorrow is weekend and I'm constantly on tour DJing so not much time...

cheers

sheriff

okay this method is working with: clean 10.4.8 kernel 8.8.1 JAS DVD install....

just take the ATINDRV.kext and IONDRVSupport.kext i posted before + the ATIinject.kext i create directly for u

remove the old ATINDRV.kext and IONDRVSupport.kext from the extensions folder and copy the 3 new files there

open terminal

cd /system/library

rm extensions.kextcache extensions.mkext

cd extensions

sudo -s

enter password

chown -R root:wheel ATINDRV.kext IONDRVSupport.kext ATIinject.kext

chmod -R 755 ATINDRV.kext IONDRVSupport.kext ATIinject.kext

exit

open diskutility and repair permissions

reboot...

sorry guys i'm sick of writing this instructions again and again...they never change so please read the thread before asking

no offense but i already offer everybody to create the ATIinject for everybody...

and as long as you send me there correct EDID information of your internal display and you follow the steps above the method also works for mobility x1600

cheers and good luck

sheriff

I've done what have you said but it doesn't work...always black screen!

However thank you

sheriffbounce i am going to buy a new PCIE card tomo, can you suggest me some good one as i want to use this mac pro for final cut pro to edit and make video's, i know the machine is powerful enough so even a 256mb card would do.My Ati card doesnt work on my other machine also under Mac just gives me boxes all over, i think its some file on the installation dvd and thats the only one which installs on the config below

My machine config is

2 X 3.0 Ghz Xeon Dual Core CPU's

S5000XVN Genuine Intel Board

2 GB 667 Mhz Kingston FB Dimm

3 X 300 GB Sata II HDD

Sony DVD Writer

Jas Mac Os X 10.4.8 SSE2 SSE3 INTEL

Thanks for all your help

Laptop still in RMA, so no driver development till I get it back!

@mastro

"I'm waiting for a solution for ATI Radeon x1600 Mobility..." what exactly does this message help anyone??? I am still waiting for money raining down the clowds...

I'm sorry...mine wasn't a critique to anyone, It was only to up the post...

Laptop still in RMA, so no driver development till I get it back!

@mastro

"I'm waiting for a solution for ATI Radeon x1600 Mobility..." what exactly does this message help anyone??? I am still waiting for money raining down the clowds...

I have a Asus A8JP with X1700. If i can help you with development let me know it in this thread. Or do you have any other theoretical solutions for X1700 so that i can test them before you get your Notebook back from Asus.

Greetings

hi @sheriffbounce pls help me :( :(

i've installed a clean 10.4.8 jas 8.8.1, i arranged and installed the atiinject that i downloaded from the page, internal monitor res. is ok but at boot the apple logo turns pink and after 2-3 secs some fractures appear on the screen and then goes back to normal.how can we fix that thank you ..

hi @sheriffbounce pls help me :blink::(

i've installed a clean 10.4.8 jas 8.8.1, i arranged and installed the atiinject that i downloaded from the page, internal monitor res. is ok but at boot the apple logo turns pink and after 2-3 secs some fractures appear on the screen and then goes back to normal.how can we fix that thank you ..

it's the same here... but to be honest: i dont care...cause after that everything is fine and running perfectly...

maybe it's just the card initializing at this moment...

cheers

sheriff

Big thanks to sheriffbounce and TheMaxx3200 for all the help... !

I've been trying to change my Mobility X1600's resolution to other than 1024x768, without much success. Quarz Extreme and OpenGL is working fine, and everything is fast, it's only the resolution that is stuck.

I tried your files sheriffbounce on clean installation of "JaS.10.4.8.AMD.Intel.SSE2.SSE3": replaced the EDID data of my laptop's monitor into ATiinject.kext with Apple's Plist Editor, and then copied all 3 files to /System/Library/Extensions, deleted the extensions.mkext and extensions.cache, set the permissions and did run the disk utility, and rebooted - but I'm still getting black screen :(

I noticed one thing when booting with -v option, there appears message "VGA: family specific mathcing fails" several times before the ATIinject gets loaded, perhaps the problem is that ATIinject should be loaded in a earlier phase of startup... ? I wonder why it's not working for me, my device ID is same as yours too - Vendor: 1002, Device: 71C5 (my laptop is Asus A6JA). Anyway, thanks for all support.