Sonoma Wi-Fi solutions that do not require disabled SIP (e.g. Intel AX210)

miliuco
173 posts in this topic

@D3v1L

As you answered yourself, no, it isn’t worth if you specifically want Airdrop. FaceTime can be used without Broadcom cards (I guess, not tried yet). But Airdrop with Intel wifi doesn’t work.

However, there is LocalSend, a free app Airdrop like that works very well with any wifi card. It’s simple and fast. This is what I use on Sonoma where I have the AX210. 

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, cankiulascmnfye said:

iMessage and Facetime won't work with AirportItlwm.kext – they require itlwm.kext instead.

Won't work with and works without?

Posted (edited)

@cankiulascmnfye @Slice @LockDown

Just tried on Sonoma + AX210, Facetime works with itlwm and with AirportItlwm. Tried using iPhone Continuity Camera. Phone connected by USB cable, don't know if this has to do with Facetime success. Without USB cable I can't see the iPhone as camera.

Message works fine also, I can send and receive messages with the Intel wifi.

Edited by miliuco

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, cankiulascmnfye said:

Handoff and Universal Clipboard are the only supported Continuity features supported by AirportItlwm

Yes, I know that, that's why it surprises me.

EDIT: sorry, just realized that I have also Ethernet connected to the fiber router, maybe is this the reason?

Edited by miliuco

2 hours ago, miliuco said:

Yes, I know that, that's why it surprises me.

EDIT: sorry, just realized that I have also Ethernet connected to the fiber router, maybe is this the reason?

If the LAN connection is on top of the list of Network connections (=before Wi-Fi), then most definitely.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, cankiulascmnfye said:

If the LAN connection is on top of the list of Network connections (=before Wi-Fi), then most definitely.

i have the lan as secondary and it just works. Works even the lan was in seconday or Off

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Wi-Fi is working, but I can't connect my MX Keys and MX Anywhere 3 to Bluetooth, it keeps spinning forever and does not connect.

My headphones and Phone connects, as other Logitech devices. Only the "MX Series" that does not work in Bluetooth.

Edit: Card is a Fenvi 

CleanShot 2024-01-20 at 17.47.04.png

D_NQ_NP_2X_958737-MLB72800213424_112023-F.jpg

Edited by prcmelo
Upload Card information

@prcmelo

Not sure why do you have the issue. I can connect my AX210 BT to Apple devices (Mouse, Keyboard and Trackpad), to a third party BT mouse, to 2 BT speakers different branch... 

Rechek that you have the right Bluetooth kexts.

Do you have these boot args?

<key>NVRAM</key>
	<dict>
		<key>Add</key>
		<dict>
			<key>7C436110-AB2A-4BBB-A880-FE41995C9F82</key>
			<dict>
				<key>bluetoothInternalControllerInfo</key>
				<data>AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA=</data>
				<key>bluetoothExternalDongleFailed</key>
				<data>AA==</data>
			</dict>
		</dict>
		<key>Delete</key>
		<dict>
			<key>7C436110-AB2A-4BBB-A880-FE41995C9F82</key>
			<array>
				<string>bluetoothInternalControllerInfo</string>
				<string>bluetoothExternalDongleFailed</string>
			</array>
		</dict>
	</dict>

Edited by miliuco

Hy @miliuco 

It only happens with the "MX Series" from Logitech, other devices connect quickly, even other Logitech devices that are not from "MX Series"

I'm sending a print with the Kexts that I use and the NVRAM Section from my Config.

CleanShot 2024-01-20 at 18.21.31.png

CleanShot 2024-01-20 at 18.18.56.png

I don't know if your Logitech keyboard and mouse are the same as my own - (mine are MX Keys for Mac keyboard and MX Master3 for Mac mouse) - I don't have the problem you are experiencing.

They are both available in Windows and Mac seamlessly without manually switching, plus working in the BIOS as well. The initial can be a little troublesome as I had to switch to wired keyboard to access the BIOS at the start but went on the Logitech website to solve the problem as well as get the latest software and drivers.

@eSaF I think we have the same mouse and keyboard. In Windows they work fine, even with the Logitech Receiver or Bluetooth. In macOS they only work with the Logitech Receiver. I can see both in the Nearby Devices in Bluetooth Settings, but all I got when I try to connect is a spinning wheel.

Do you have different kexts and/or config then what I posted above?

I have another Logitech Keyboard, a K375s, and it works fine with Bluetooth in Sonoma, only the "MX Series" that does not work with Bluetooth.

Edited by prcmelo
Add information

20 minutes ago, prcmelo said:

@eSaF I think we have the same mouse and keyboard. In Windows they work fine, even with the Logitech Receiver or Bluetooth. In macOS they only work with the Logitech Receiver. I can see both in the Nearby Devices in Bluetooth Settings, but all I got when I try to connect is a spinning wheel.

Do you have different kexts and/or config then what I posted above?

I have another Logitech Keyboard, a K375s, and it works fine with Bluetooth in Sonoma, only the "MX Series" that does not work with Bluetooth.

Here are my Keyboard, Mouse and Kext files.

PS. Make sure you have the latest Logi Options+ version.

Spoiler
Spoiler

Screenshot2024-01-21at22_28_50.png.87c17c0bcdcb4ba72d4ddcf968e3e219.png

Spoiler

Screenshot2024-01-21at22_21_56.png.87ab1d60ad659fa8122061b6cbadab88.pngScreenshot2024-01-21at22_25_25.png.da3e8e09490c5b684a6f3c2e162913be.png

Edited by eSaF
  • Like 2

B/Tooth connection here as well.

In this pic, it says not connected but I can assure you both are connected.

When I connect them via B/Tooth, they only become active when the machine reaches the Desktop.

I did not use B/Tooth to connect both Mouse and Keyboard only the Receiver and the Logitech software and both were instantly available in Mac and Windows.

Screenshot 2024-01-21 at 22.35.20.png

Edited by eSaF

@eSaF thanks for your time and for the info!

I see your mouse is a MX Master, mine is a MX Anywhere 3. I'm also using the receiver from Logitech to connect mouse and keyboard on Sonoma, with the latest Logi Options+.app version.

Your card is also AX210NGW? 

For me, it's very strange the fact that only these 2 devices are not working via Bluetooth.

@deeveedee yes, Fenvi Intel AX210NGW. Browsing some pages in Github, I saw lot's of people with issues similar as mine.

But then an user called Lorys89 posted another IntelBluetoothFirmware 2.3.0 version, (not the officially released), and now everything is working better than my last native Broadcom. 

There is, (or not), something in the officially released IntelBluetoothFirmware 2.3.0 that prevents my Logi MX Devices to use Bluetooth.

If someone face the same trouble, and want to test it, I'm leaving the link here, (feel free to erase it, if not permitted external links)

IntelBluetoothFirmware 2.3.0 - Logi Devices Compatible

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Very small issue.

Hackintool by @headkaze has an Extensions tab where it reports the installed kexts.

In the list of kexts, itlwm is seen when we use itlwm and also when we use AirportItlwm. This is because, in the file /Applications/Hackintool.app/Contents/Resources/Kexts/kexts.plist, both kexts have Name=itlwm.

This is correct from the point of view that the project is called itlwm. But I prefer Hackintool to show AirportItlwm when this is the active kext.
This can be solved by modifying the value of the Name property in the AirportItlwm key.

By default it is like this:

itlwm.thumb.png.dbda6527ddde79c5fcfa8b18b99dbdee.png

Hackintoolitlwm.png.c2828376e0b4a84b1132465e77bfce0b.png

But, changing to Name=AirportItlwm, Hackintool displays the active kext in a way I like better.

AirportItlwm.thumb.png.f1400284fe7a46d46ac63ecafd7758a6.png

HackintoolAirportItlwm.png.fa5dce10d7bf5db1dbc19cbee5c0f94a.png

Edited by miliuco
  • Like 1