Sonoma Wi-Fi solutions that do not require disabled SIP (e.g. Intel AX210)

miliuco
173 posts in this topic

14 hours ago, derpuma said:

Anyone updated to 14.4 and can confirm, that the BT is working with the kext from 14.4beta?

Yes working fine and im suggest you update to intel Airport Alpha kext from here:

https://github.com/OpenIntelWireless/itlwm/releases/tag/v2.3.0-alpha 

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.100403bef8de24b54144a2284e7a3fc6.png

I recommend you use this method if compatible with your ACPI Dump 

https://github.com/5T33Z0/OC-Little-Translated/tree/main/03_USB_Fixes/ACPI_Mapping_USB_Ports 

And after you compile your SSDT you can use first USBmap from CorpNewT (no use USBtoolbox), and them, after you create your Usbmap kexts, restart and run Hackintool and just Dump new Usbport kext with SSDTs and change on your EFI. Use only one kext USB. 

If you wanted check this video about create your own SSDT-RHUB

Spoiler

You can use too this program to do your ACPI Dump is excellent 

https://github.com/LAbyOne/ACPIDump/releases/tag/1.0 

image.png.b162df1f218780872bff19449b058c33.png

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.a1daca3deed0dceb68377d6b063da895.png

And most important think: IF you have issues, use ONLY USBinjectAll kext from here and left other kexts dump outside from your EFI (not include on mapping) 

https://github.com/daliansky/OS-X-USB-Inject-All/releases/tag/v0.8.0 

And IF you want see an video tutorial take look here 

Spoiler

Not need speak Portuguese, just observe and DO IT 

Good Lucky 

Edited by Max.1974
  • Like 2

@Max.1974 Thanks for your reply. I managed the mapping of all USB Ports, nevertheless BT is not working.

These are the mapped Ports. The internal is the USB BT part.

Bildschirmfoto2024-03-11um14_10_39.thumb.png.56a8dad88e33538e8c67819533e0445a.pngBildschirmfoto2024-03-11um14_15_19.thumb.png.2caf8f4a4f6e1d2e89f035a720c8ba82.png

Still Bluetooth-Controller: Adresse: NULL under Bluetooth...

It must be the KVM macOS which causes the problem, as the other guy here with the same issue I have, also uses a KVM macOS.

https://github.com/OpenIntelWireless/IntelBluetoothFirmware/issues/476

I also worked my way through this guide, but this also doesn't fix the problem.

I am really clueless, what else to do...

• Like 1

@derpuma Hiya, I don't know if this is relevant to your B/Tooth problem but I lifted this from another site hoping it will help your situation.

For bluetooth problems,

This has worked for others and myself to get bluetooth back.

Download Ben Baker's Hackintool.app.

Use the app to edit NVRam (in tool bar) directly.

Look for these/any entries:

bluetoothExternalDongleFailed

bluetoothActiveControllerInfo

bluetoothInternalControllerinfo

Delete each line (using minus button at the bottom of the window) of all BT entries, and wait for the NVRam to refresh itself.

If any of the entries (bluetoothExternalDongleFailed) should come back with values, repeat deleting the entries.

For many bluetooth worked again when the above steps were performed.

Bluetooth settings will show all previously paired devices, and auto connect to them just as before the update.

No Restart Needed.

Good luck.

• Like 3

@eSaF 

Hm okay, I will try this later. Thx.

Unfortunately I installed the wifi-bt card under sunoma, bought it extra cause my broadcom was not compatible without OpenCorePatcher.
But we will see.

Update: FYI that did not work...

Edited by derpuma
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, derpuma said:

@Max.1974 Thanks for your reply. I managed the mapping of all USB Ports, nevertheless BT is not working.

These are the mapped Ports. The internal is the USB BT part.

Still Bluetooth-Controller: Adresse: NULL under Bluetooth...

It must be the KVM macOS which causes the problem, as the other guy here with the same issue I have, also uses a KVM macOS.

I also worked my way through this guide, but this also doesn't fix the problem.

I am really clueless, what else to do...

Check if you use Opencore if this parameter is enable: 

if was, turn off (NO)

Need check your kexts, SSDTs, plist, maybe need use SSDTTime, and what a reason of not work. 

Hackintosh is not easy, but need study hardware by hardware, Bios etc. 

Check if your BT works fine with Windows, if is turn "ON" (ENABLE) on Bios. 

image.png.5c93bf2cbbc65686b9d9bdbdd89ddf2b.png

Are you extract SSDT-RHUB and follow my video? Post here your SSDT to check for you and Kexts that you Map

Edited by Max.1974

@Max.1974 

As mentioned before, I dont run my mac as a hackintosh. I run my macOS via Unraid KVM in a virtual machine.
ExtendBTFeatureFlags is off in my EFI.
Another KVM user reported the same issue under Sonoma too.
I am completely new to SSDT patching, so here is my SSDT attached.

Here is a link to my EFI.
I also attached my System Report plus some other reports.

SSDT.zip iMac Pro_System_Report.zip Reports.zip

• Like 2

My AX210 intel card arrived today.

Works well under W11 and now trying to get it set up under mac osx ventura with the future options to upgrade to Sonoma as soon as i can with out any issues.

Not sure fully were to start.  I did try and add them to my efi file originally under kext and the plist i tried to update however my device would not get past the scroll bar for loading.

So i reverted back to my previous efi folder.  I have open core 9.8 running

• Like 1

@Max.1974 I really appreciate your help.

Attached you find my ACIP Dump.
Also attached a info screenshot of my System: AMD Ryzen 7 5950X and Gigabyte Aorus X570 Pro, latest Bios F37. GPU AMD 6900XT.

What do you want me to do with EssentialList?
 Bildschirmfoto2024-03-12um16_28_51.thumb.png.e91e4773422638622899342f9cf3be24.png

Bildschirmfoto 2024-03-12 um 16.31.45.png

ACPI-Dump.zip

Edited by derpuma
  • Like 1

And please use Clover because Opencore have been many issues 

2 minutes ago, derpuma said:

@Max.1974 I really appreciate your help.

Attached you find my ACIP Dump.
Also attached a info screenshot of my System: AMD Ryzen 7 5950X and Gigabyte Aorus X570 Pro, latest Bios F37. GPU AMD 6900XT.

What do you want me to do with EssentialList?
 Bildschirmfoto2024-03-12um16_28_51.thumb.png.e91e4773422638622899342f9cf3be24.png

Bildschirmfoto 2024-03-12 um 16.31.45.png

ACPI-Dump.zip 34.91 kB · 0 downloads

Its Ok fine I will see 

• Haha 1

@derpuma So my friend, its a little difficult to works with Opencore on Ryzen in situation what happen with this bootloader. 

Im never had a RyzenTosh but im research and compare your EFI, I try make some adjusts. 

Im really recommend use Hackintosh on intel. 

Try use this EFI, backup yours. 

Please post results here. 

If you need, follow step by step this video, not need speak Portuguese. Just follow and make your EFI if you need.

Spoiler

I hope help you 

I do my best 

Good Lucky 

EFI RYZEN 9 5950X 16cores.zip

• Like 3

Update - Bluetooth is now working.

Now just to get the wifi to work with the airport native menu  rather than heliport

• Like 1

@Max.1974 

Wow!!! I can not thank you enough. It indeed works now.
Can you explain me what you exactly did? I saw that you put some new kext into the EFI.

What do you mean is the change you did, that brought Bluetooth to life?
Just for my understanding!
I dropped you a PM...
I am really happy now.

image.thumb.png.dcbba60677a69221b8d65b6ab8e41625.png

I found two little Problems.
One is, AppleALC is not working, so no onboard sound. Maybe something to to with the next error?
Two errors in Validator:

Kernel->Add[0]->BundlePath contains illegal character!

Kernel->Add[3]->BundlePath contains illegal character!

CheckKernel returns 2 errors!

Completed validating /Volumes/EFI/EFI/OC/config.plist in 1 ms. Found 2 issues requiring attention.

So the Problems are with AirPort Utility.kext and Bluetooth File Exchange.kext.
Any Idea whats wrong there?

I will look into that tomorrow... 
image.thumb.png.fb18cadc192335746dce8a2ef88fae24.png

Edited by derpuma
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

@derpuma my friend, so glad to help you, don't worry about me, you can count with me and other people here. 

So pleasure help you!! 

Im just study others EFI from GitHub and try use some parameters that is similar. 

Hackintosh is like a garden, always we have something to do!! 

God Bless you and all here!! 

:thumbsup_anim:

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.e27d0ef81daec3f586962cd8719fe8a4.png

PM: AirPort Utility.kext and Bluetooth File Exchange.kext is a friend that compile, and use only Apple parameters. just to effort Bluetooth. Its not recognize by OC Team, but its not problem. Is optional, I use because like you said, gave me LIFE for my HID Proxy (Keyboard BT recognize on boot - BT Broadcom) to be better smooth and always connect without clicks after reboot. It's 100% Apple Xcode parameters, so don't worry, use with ANY BT resources. 

https://github.com/hnanoto 

If you not fix Audio, will try put on Devices properties. Its the reason that im ask to you run Essential List tool, you can extract with Hackintool too your Devices. If you not know, im explain. 

Backup your EFI and I avoid to use OCAT or OCLP, but I prefer use just Xcode, Plist Editor Pro or ProperTree, MAciASl, Clover Configurator, Opencore Configurator. If you decide to use, is at on your risk. 

You can run AIDA64 on Windows too to get exactly what is your Soud card. Or try use VoodooHDA kext instead to AppleALC. No use both kexts. 

Edited by Max.1974
  • Like 3

42 minutes ago, Max.1974 said:

Backup your EFI and NEVER use OCAT

@Max.1974 - Hi Bro I know your intentions are good but please refrain from disparaging the usefulness of OCAT just because for some reason it doesn't suit your purpose or needs.

I and many members here on IM and other sites find it a very useful and invaluable tool ideally suited for running and maintaining a Hackintosh.

I personally have OCAT, PlistEdit Pro and Hackintool as must have apps among others in my arsenal for running my machine.

If you find it cumbersome to your needs that's fine but another member may find it useful for them. There is a Saying that goes.........'One man's Meat is another man's poison'.

One love my Friend. :angel:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Hi my brother @eSaF I know, its not to offend but we get many users that not know USE OCAT, not like you, that have experience. I just try avoid newbie's users far way get trouble 

The most important that is just Running Up Ryzentosh !! 

Dear MAX no offense

However, I believe the opposite because it is so simple and suitable for new users (am I wrong or were you using it until a few months ago? 😋 ) who would perhaps get lost with more complex tools like xcode or other

I would also like to point out that you state that OC is full of issues and to migrate to other bootloaders ... Please also no 🙈 

Thanks anyway for the effort you put in, I really appreciate it  :thumbsup_anim:

• Like 3