Sonoma Wi-Fi solutions that do not require disabled SIP (e.g. Intel AX210)

miliuco
173 posts in this topic

11 minutes ago, Max.1974 said:

Hi my brother @eSaF I know, its not to offend but we get many users that not know USE OCAT, not like you, that have experience. I just try avoid newbie's users far way get trouble 

The most important that is just Running Up Ryzentosh !! 

No worries my friend, there are very useful Tutorials or Guides how to use OCAT.

I doubt very much any malice was intended on your part but you should just let members new and old make the decision them selves whether OCAT is a good tool to have.

• Like 2

:thumbsup_anim:

@Antonuccio

Mama mia bambini!! 

Hello my friend, of course I don't offend, I'm almost halfway through my life, so I've had time to grow a little. We have a large community in Brazil and on Discord, my brother, and people don't have the ease of using it as you do.

As for Opencore, wonderful bootloader, but it is true to recognize that it is currently causing problems. I've seen several friends having problems with the OCAT, if it's not great, keep going. But the same Esaf once asked for help and I knew it was the use of OCAT. He knows too, because I warned him. But then it works, thank God. I don't use it and I don't recommend it.

Opencore Antonio is having problems, at least in Brazil, at least for me, regarding Bluetooth and such. Using Clover even AirDrop works with Intel!! But I want to say that this site was born with Chameleon, then Clover. I respect the creators of Opencore and have a lot of respect for everyone. But they are more concerned about OCLP, which even hackers are afraid to use, and abandoning the use of Opencore for Hackintoshes. If I can't say that Clover is far superior to Opencore, I'll be lying. Opencore is the result of Clover's many years of research. It's not an invention, it's an arm of Clover. And Clover needs him today. After years of using OC I decided from experience that today, currently and with all the adjustments (partly coming from OC) it is much superior. But I won't comment further on whether this could be a problem. I only say what I see, what I feel, and what I experience empirically. How many advanced users also had no problem with OC? Many. But this is not the case to discuss that. I just respect those who like it, but it doesn't work. And I, who don't even have Ryzen, managed to help a German today. Hugs!! Don't take it Personally.

Thanks for your effort and Lorys and all 

Edited by Max.1974
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Max.1974 said:

Opencore Antonio is having problems, at least in Brazil

:hysterical: Maybe in Brazil there is another version of OC ... I'm joking of course

No one will be offended here I would just be careful with certain statements
on the other hand, if I come across a user with problems who uses Clover, I certainly won't tell them to migrate to Opencore or vice versa 

As an old fox told me

" remember that if there is a problem, most of the time it is between the chair and the desk " 😆
Let's close it, I don't want to dirty this thread further... a hug

Edited by Antonuccio
  • Haha 3

10 hours ago, Max.1974 said:

If you not fix Audio, will try put on Devices properties. Its the reason that im ask to you run Essential List tool, you can extract with Hackintool too your Devices. If you not know, im explain. 

Backup your EFI and I avoid to use OCAT or OCLP, but I prefer use just Xcode, Plist Editor Pro or ProperTree, MAciASl, Clover Configurator, Opencore Configurator. If you decide to use, is at on your risk. 

You can run AIDA64 on Windows too to get exactly what is your Soud card. Or try use VoodooHDA kext instead to AppleALC. No use both kexts. 

@Max.1974 good morning and thank you for your explaition. Apple ALC worked with my EFI, when I am using the on you send me, my onboard Soundcard is not working. So there must have been a change, which influenced that.

My onboard soundcard is this one, based on ALC1200:
10:00.0 1022 1487 1458 A0C3 Disabl Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [ Starship/Matisse HD Audio Controller               Multimedia controlle Audio device         /pci1022,1487@0 pci1022,1487    PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x2,0x6)/Pci(0x0,0x0) 

Update: I found the problem with AppleALC. It was the kext!
The kext you put into my folder was only 453kb. I used my old one, which is 2,3MB and now onboard sound is back!

Thx a lot!

Edited by derpuma
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, derpuma said:

@Max.1974 good morning and thank you for your explaition. Apple ALC worked with my EFI, when I am using the on you send me, my onboard Soundcard is not working. So there must have been a change, which influenced that.

My onboard soundcard is this one, based on ALC1200:
10:00.0 1022 1487 1458 A0C3 Disabl Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [ Starship/Matisse HD Audio Controller               Multimedia controlle Audio device         /pci1022,1487@0 pci1022,1487    PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x2,0x6)/Pci(0x0,0x0) 

Update: I found the problem with AppleALC. It was the kext!
The kext you put into my folder was only 453kb. I used my old one, which is 2,3MB and now onboard sound is back!

Thx a lot!

Very nice @derpuma yes your Kext is better for your audio!!!! So very Awesome!! 

Enjoy my friend, if you need im here for help!! 

God Bless you!!

• Like 2

Hi guys 

I have managed to get the wifi working under Ventura with a kext from within this thread.

How would i get it working under Sonoma on my second apfs partition on the same drive.

I am using one efi folder and config list between the two os.

On another note:

I am using the native wifi app and also noticed this morning that imessage is working on the wifi  (confused)

1 hour ago, logyon said:

Hi guys 

I have managed to get the wifi working under Ventura with a kext from within this thread.

How would i get it working under Sonoma on my second apfs partition on the same drive.

ventura has its own kext folder which is 13. For sonoma, its 14.

Use the intel kext for sonoma that can be found here https://github.com/OpenIntelWireless/itlwm/releases

• Like 2

On 3/13/2024 at 2:09 AM, Max.1974 said:

When you have some time, please check here, translate and turn back this pages a little bit. 

It's not my words but the developers and Russian users. Its not only in Brazil 😆

https://applelife.ru/threads/opencore-obsuzhdenie-i-ustanovka.2944066/page-859 

You can translate yourself easy all page from any language in your language. Just use the extension 'twp' for Firefox.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, LockDown said:

ventura has its own kext folder which is 13. For sonoma, its 14.

She's using Open Core. @logyon you need to provide details about your hack when asking questions.

Edited by deeveedee
  • Like 3

@logyon

Upload here your config.plist. There is a way to have a single config.plist with 2 different AirportItlwm (one for Ventura and the other for Sonoma). Setting MinKernel and MaxKernel as desired.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, miliuco said:

@logyon

Upload here your config.plist. There is a way to have a single config.plist with 2 different AirportItlwm (one for Ventura and the other for Sonoma). Setting MinKernel and MaxKernel as desired.

I Have 3 Versions

• Like 1

5 hours ago, XanthraX said:

You can translate yourself easy all page from any language in your language. Just use the extension 'twp' for Firefox.

Thanks @XanthraX i wil try my friend, so glad to learn more and more, im have been use Safari, and Firefox is for my work, so I will install soon!! 

Thanks.

Well i got sonoma on the second partition worked for about 10 mins and now i can no longer get in to that partition so looking at scrubbing it agaimg and re installing it.

How ever i am also no getting there has been a problem starting up the main parition now even tho i haven't changed anything beyond the secureboot to disable

Your computer was restarted problem.rtf

I would also post my efi but it seems to be like 50mb?

Thank you all greatly appreciated the help and now have both os running wit the kernel min and max set and the correlating kext files.

• Like 2

On 3/12/2024 at 3:05 PM, derpuma said:

@Max.1974 

Wow!!! I can not thank you enough. It indeed works now.
Can you explain me what you exactly did? I saw that you put some new kext into the EFI.

What do you mean is the change you did, that brought Bluetooth to life?
Just for my understanding!
I dropped you a PM...
I am really happy now.

image.thumb.png.dcbba60677a69221b8d65b6ab8e41625.png

I found two little Problems.
One is, AppleALC is not working, so no onboard sound. Maybe something to to with the next error?
Two errors in Validator:

Kernel->Add[0]->BundlePath contains illegal character!

Kernel->Add[3]->BundlePath contains illegal character!

CheckKernel returns 2 errors!

Completed validating /Volumes/EFI/EFI/OC/config.plist in 1 ms. Found 2 issues requiring attention.

So the Problems are with AirPort Utility.kext and Bluetooth File Exchange.kext.
Any Idea whats wrong there?

I will look into that tomorrow... 
image.thumb.png.fb18cadc192335746dce8a2ef88fae24.png

Hi @derpuma I talk with coder that create Kexts from Bluetooth and Airport to auxiliary and just rename free space from kexts and "error" from OCvalidate will fix that 

God bless you all 

Kexts names fixed in releases on GitHub 

https://github.com/hnanoto/Bluetooth-File-Exchange/releases/tag/1.0.1 

And

https://github.com/hnanoto/AirPort-Utility/releases/tag/1.0.1

image.png.6b83152a9a395e0d16e016ea1bd503c7.png

Edited by Max.1974
  • Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Is the AX210 preferred over the AC 7265?  Only difference is the 7275 is dual band while the AX210 is 6E.

Edited by oSxFr33k