Leopard Build 9A321 has leaked!

ComputerNap

193 posts in this topic

I just had one of those holy {censored} kind of moments!

I had terminal open copying some files down from a fileserver and Finder is auto-updating the file list.

To demonstrate, open Terminal

cp -Rvf <source_dir>/* <new_dir>/

And then open Finder (while the terminal is still running, obviously) and point it to your new directory that you just created in the terminal...

Files auto populate including file sizes and metadata as they are being copied through Terminal.

The reason why I am so shocked is that it has been one of my major gripes with Finder for years (an official FTFF moment).

Edited by Adrian Fogge

As far as the one that stays in the dock at all times, you are correct.

But as far as whenever you open up Xcode and compile something and once every 30 seconds "loginwindow has crashed" coming up, it doesn't quite work.

Xcode Tools Leopard Dec Seed Update 1.0

This update fixes a critical Xcode developer tools bug. The bug is known to crash the Xcode IDE and will corrupt the current project's user interface layout. This bug will not corrupt the project's source or build files. This update will fix the crash and corruption bug. Please see the release notes for more information if you have already run into this bug.

:thumbsup_anim:

Guest bikedude880
Very interessting ! How can I do that ?? Pleaseeeeeeeee !! :unsure:

Why would you even want to do that? In my opinion it is a waste of time... :D

hope you can get it back and im glad it wasn't mash because i would lose invites if i ever got power user+

yep, someone (who im not going to name, just in case someone is looking at how i get back in) is helping me A TON to get back in, and i have an account but have to wait until i have a new ip to login, but theyre keepin it alive for me... :D and to that person THANK YOU, you know who you are, and I owe you BIG TIME

and on a liter note, I just found megaupload's batchupload option, and am uploading 2-11 now, and have over a gigabyte done... so it should be appearing soon, sorry for the wait!

no, the new apps depend on the new kernel and frameworks of leopard. Xcode/Dashcode were the only ones i remember people getting to work.

Dashcode was the only app that would even start up, but it would crash after you selected a widget template.

New Dictionary application...maybe to be renamed "Refrence Library"

It look like you will be able to import your own dictionaries in other languages (maybe translators as well):

dict1.png

dict2.png

Additionally finder has begun to implement the quick look function (with the new GUI)

quick1.png

The following is a quicklook of one of the dictionary screenshot files.

quick2.png

Edited by Fizzeh

reuploading, will take just over a day constant, and will start it right before i go to bed tonight. 2+gb of uploading... gone into nowhere.... :star_smile: but the good news is the new one will be one link :) just started, figured out how to pause uploads etc, its going now, hope you dont mind its uncompressed, but it will do... :D

max

and IMPORTANT, due to apples probable {censored} and moan about this file you will be welcome to pm me for the file but since there are risks for me i hold the option to not give you the link for my own and the files safety, if i dont recognize you or see that youve made no or very few worthwhile posts (no spamming the forums please!) your sol, sorry.

getting ready to finish (LOL PROGRESS BAR: 4.11GB and 80% 5hrs 38min left uploaded!) and yes, i am updating this every once and a while...

how fitting, it will be done on christmas day! pm me tomorrow, and ill be gone but will get the links shot out asap :)

Edited by bwhsh8r

i have an older beta of dashcode and two panthera pardus releases (nineehthreeohthree and nineehthreetwoone) in my signature. just trying to spread the holiday cheer.

thank you very much :rolleyes:

and everyone else, read above edit.... :'(

Apparently OpenGL support is even more unstable in this build than it was in previous builds. In previous builds, some game engines would simply crash after the engine loaded. Now they'll just crash when they're executed.

Heres to hoping Apple can get it right by the time they release Leopard.

Apparently OpenGL support is even more unstable in this build than it was in previous builds. In previous builds, some game engines would simply crash after the engine loaded. Now they'll just crash when they're executed.

Heres to hoping Apple can get it right by the time they release Leopard.

... do you seriously believe apple will ship an OS that will crash opengl on launch?

in my limited, quick testing i found that the differentiating factor for the "loginwindow app in dock" problem is whether you hit return or click on the "login" button. if you simply type your username & password and hit return, the loginwindow app will be in your dock. if, however, you click on the login button instead of hitting return, things behave as you'd expect.

hope this can help some people out that are annoyed at this exacerbating problem.