More stable build of Firefox

Pu7o

45 posts in this topic

All I am doing for FireFox is just downloading the OS X binary from the Mozilla site and running it. Works like a charm.

but ppc is slow. =( you want fast! intel builds are fast! we all want fast!

if i use winxp to load a page it is instant. in os x (on a real mac or on this inte mac it's slow =(

Sure, its a little slow to fire up at first, but then after that it works fine. If video acceleration was working for Nvidia cards, it would be like having an Intel build.

Please don't tell us that using an application with rosetta is "fine". It's always better to use a native app. It's at least twice as fast. The thread is about x86 version, the forum is called "Porting Applications". So please no more "tips" like this. Sorry for being rude. :rolleyes:

Yes, unfortunately some of us are still experiencing this non-starting bug with the 10/21 build.. haven't yet tried all the options, so there may be a solution, but for now, it doesn't work for me.

• 2 weeks later...

the latest version binary is dated November 9 (DeerPark.app/Contents/MacOS/firefox-bin)

when I try to run the DeerPark.app/Contents/MacOS/firefox script in Terminal (or the firefox-bin binary directly) on my 10.4.1 system it says "Bad executable (or shared library)".

I assume it is for 10.4.3 since the binary format changed.

Is there a way to get the older binaries compiled for 10.4.1?

• 2 weeks later...
The version from pu7o doesn't work with 10.4.3, the "official" verson from moziall.orgthe "official" verson from moziall.org crashes a lot on my system. Is there a better version available anywhere?

the reason why your firefox crash is : flash

use addblock plugin and add *.swf in filter you will block all flash but still no more crashes

• 4 weeks later...