[pre-release] macOS Sonoma

1,844 posts in this topic

8 minutes ago, PoMpIs said:

I already knew about the intel...👍

Two days ago I got a cheap laptop without an operating system, and I have released it with Sonoma. ( @miliuco it sounds like a Medion Akoya to you) ..

It's cheap and made of plastic, it doesn't look very good quality, but it has an i5 10210u, since I received it I've been creating an EFI for it and I only need the Audio, which is an intel smart sound and I don't know if it will be supported by AppleALC ...

For the rest it works very well in Sonoma, even its wiffi intel

Nice ideia, sometimes im forgot the excellent Hackintool 

Captura de Tela 2023-06-08 às 14.50.02.png

Edited by Max.1974
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Cyberdevs said:

There are reports about RealTek, Intel and Atheros WiFi adapters working in Sonoma. It's gonna be one of those adapters.

I tried TL-WN725N which is USB WiFi Realtek based. It works in macOS but the provided driver is not compatible with Sonoma, sorry...

• Like 4
  • Sad 2

2 minutes ago, Slice said:

I tried TL-WN725N which is USB WiFi Realtek based. It works in macOS but the provided driver is not compatible with Sonoma, sorry...

I haven't tested any adapters except for my BCM4360 which we all know it's not supported anymore at this point.

I guess I still have my old TPLink with Atheros chipset laying around somewhere but to be honest I don't think that's goanna work so I'm not gonna waste any time to test it out.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Cyberdevs said:

I haven't tested any adapters except for my BCM4360 which we all know it's not supported anymore at this point.

I guess I still have my old TPLink with Atheros chipset laying around somewhere but to be honest I don't think that's goanna work so I'm not gonna waste any time to test it out.

I tried a T-plink card with atheros chip in the i3 and couldn't get it to work.. <device-id pci168c,2b> 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Slice said:

I have someone of this around but have no idea when im used it for the last decade. Nice memories. 😆

421269313_CapturadeTela2011-07-20as00_28_58.png

Edited by Max.1974

I don't know man but all this talk of adapters that work and don't work got me franticly searching around in my discarded P/C bits stored away that were accumulated over the years.

It's either that or buying every d@m likely USB adapter on Amazon. :hysterical:

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

7 minutes ago, eSaF said:

I don't know man but all this talk of adapters that work and don't work got me franticly searching around in my discarded P/C bits stored away that were accumulated over the years.

It's either that or buying every d@m likely USB adapter on Amazon. :hysterical:

Sonoma get back somethings that only have in old versions on macOs. Someone think this and works fine. Like widget :hyper:

5 minutes ago, Max.1974 said:

Sonoma get back somethings that only have in old versions on macOs. Someone think this and works fine. Like widget :hyper:

Yeah the widgets in macOS Sonoma reminded me of Windows Vista! How innovative Apple!!

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

48 minutes ago, Max.1974 said:

I have someone of this around but have no idea when im used it for the last decade. Nice memories. 😆

421269313_CapturadeTela2011-07-20as00_28_58.png

This is very old macOS like Mavericks. And the driver is 32bits so not compatible with Catalina and up.

• Like 7

5 hours ago, Slice said:

I happen to have two BrosTrend 1200 USB WiFi adapters (802.11ac). They use a Realtek chip and work well with @chris1111's driver:

Couple of notes:

• SIP needs to be disabled; I use csr-active-config = FF0F0000
  • The driver does not connect to my network via WPA3-SAE, but works fine via WPA2-PSK

1861702894_Screenshot2023-06-07at4_20_35PM.png.27871882a1b0e7944acfc1bccf9f91b2.png

I've installed Sonoma (clean or fresh) on both of these systems without any instability so far:

• Gigabyte Z390 Designare with Intel i5-9600K
    • iMac19,1
    • Radeon RX 580
  • Asus X670E Gene with AMD Ryzen 7 7700X
    • MacPro7,1
    • Radeon RX 6800

In both cases, latest builds of these kexts were downloaded from the Dortania builds page:

• Lilu
  • WhateverGreen
  • AppleALC / AppleALCU
  • RestrictEvents

On AMD:

• AM5 platform needs latest AMD-OSX kernel patches that were merged today
  • NVMeFix.kext may need to be disabled

With these updated kexts, no special boot arguments are needed. 

Broadcom WiFi, as we know, does not work because of the removal of 80211FamilyLegacy.kext 

Edited by Casey_S.J.
  • Like 10

On 6/6/2023 at 7:26 AM, LAbyOne said:

Made some adjustments

sonoupdt.png.113bc8ea7134b37a6cdec01e878b8c5a.png

sonodwld.png.afa9ecd4e1139be1cd401c634d77a0e6.png

and ready to.....?

Frankly with my specs now more then Sonoma here sounds more like Sodoma :(

waiting to free up an ssd then we'll see.

Is this version released yet please?

My HackBookPro6,2 did not want to be left out, so I installed Sonoma using the recommendations in this thread (disabled AirportBrcm, added -lilubetaall).  Installation was completely painless after booting with my OC 0.9.2 EFI created with OCLP 0.6.7 (AMFIPass Beta branch).  I performed the installation with AMFI and Library Validation ENABLED and AMFIPass.kext injected.  No need to disable AMFI.

I haven't applied post-install patches yet (and don't expect them to work), but the important thing is that I can post a screenshot of About This Hack!  LOL 🤣

About This Hack: Sonoma 14.0

Spoiler

448897560_Screenshot2023-06-08at6_16_52PM.png.7010527b5c0508e171a309129108c312.png

Edited by deeveedee
Added spoiler
  • Like 7

OCLP 0.6.7 Beta2 post-install patches applied without any errors.  Unfortunately, the insanelymac website only appears in Safari when I have another window on top of Safari.  OCLP 0.6.7 is already very close to being ready for Sonoma on my HackBookPro6,2.

EDIT: Firefox works perfectly, so it is a suitable replacement in Sonoma until OCLP post-install patches are updated.

EDIT2: Sonoma is working amazingly well.  I don't remember a macOS release that worked this well on the initial Beta.

Edited by deeveedee
  • Like 4

On 07.06.2023 at 09:04, Cyberdevs said:

Попробуйте удалить кеши и com.apple.finde.plist в ~/Library/Caches и ~/Library/Preferences и посмотреть, решит ли это проблему, и если это не помогло, вы можете переустановить ОС.

Everything turned out to be much simpler, Finder doesn't like Russian names)), but so far it has come to me - I reinstalled Mac os 3 times)). Thank you all for your advice!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, D-an-W said:

Is this version released yet please?

Its on the way, almost ready.

but before posting an update I need run a few more tests

concerning the usb boot build process which is still unclear for me to determine,

since I still need to confirm around what size the final installer will be.

all previous first betas where always bigger then what released later on

so can not be taken as example, I prefer to wait till the next beta is out

to have a better idea, till then..

Edited by LAbyOne
  • Like 5

20 hours ago, eSaF said:

You have two WIFI Icons showing!!!! The one is crossed out is not working so the second is the USB WIFI??!!

What USB Dongle is that?

ASUS USB AC-68

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1