[pre-release] macOS Sonoma

1,844 posts in this topic

On 9/19/2023 at 12:16 PM, fuzzylogic said:

I still do not get incremental updates but for some strange reason get regular updates for command line tools?

Im fix my OTA Update with ANY SMBIOS, checking somethings like DMAR Table (and PACTHS) from ACPI extract tables, using SSDTTime, correct boot args and configure correct config.plist menus.

Spoiler

image.png.011a5df37d56aef4818afabc541e537a.png

If use ventura and above use this number 0 on MinDate and MinVersion

Spoiler

image.png.a1d33fb789ac2959cc10eb7903735175.png

SecureBootModel or Default

Spoiler

image.png.82ee4e645bfc10c4baf476134367aeb6.png

csr-config on Nvram with 8 zeros. <00000000>

Spoiler

image.png.d6b92314f065bc56757736b752aace7b.png

And if necessary Disable BluetoolFixup.kext on EFI boot, only that you need it. After update, turn on again. My compiled kexts, SSDTS and Opencore with XCODE not need BluetoolFixup.kext anymore.  

Good Lucky

Best Regards 

Edited by Max.1974
  • Like 6

I've the problem that during the update via settings the Update exits with the following error message: the update cannot be installed on this computer

My smbios is iMacPro1,1. From the last versions of macos i checked things which made problems in versions before: SMBIOS (Firmware and Bios Version), OpenCore SecureBootModel is default (also tried j137), SIP is enabled, already tried to disable it, also updated HfsPlus.efi to the latest version.

Does anybody has a clue?

Edited by wastez

1 hour ago, wastez said:

I've the problem that during the update via settings the Update exits with the following error message: the update cannot be installed on this computer

My smbios is iMacPro1,1. From the last versions of macos i checked things which made problems in versions before: SMBIOS (Firmware and Bios Version), OpenCore SecureBootModel is default (also tried j137), SIP is enabled, already tried to disable it, also updated HfsPlus.efi to the latest version.

Does anybody has a clue?

It is not working in Sonoma.

Set SMBIOS as iMac19,1

SecureBootMode is disable

SIP is partially disabled or fully enabled

HfsPlus.efi will not influence of system messages. It works in early boot time.

• Like 2

@Slice

Thanks it was the SecureBootModel, with Disabled it now downloads. (Doesn't tried it because i previous versions there where problems with it, it had to be Default)

But now it isn't a incremental update anymore, will see if it now works.....

Apple writes that iMacPro is still supported.

Edited by wastez

47 minutes ago, wastez said:

@Slice

Thanks it was the SecureBootModel, with Disabled it now downloads. (Doesn't tried it because i previous versions there where problems with it, it had to be Default)

But now it isn't a incremental update anymore, will see if it now works.....

Apple writes that iMacPro is still supported.

Yes, supported but you forget to say that hackintosh is not Apple's computers. The main difference is T2 chip which is present om iMacPro and absent on iMac19,1.

So why we can update Sonoma on iMac19,1 and can't on iMacPro1,1.

• Like 4

I have a problem with updating RC1. It freezes at the percentage for the last 10 minutes every time. So I tried to install it again. Last beta before RC1 The result turned out to be the same as that time at 10 minutes.
Later, I ran out of ways to solve the problem. So I went to Ventura and updated Sonoma. It's the last beta before RC1. After that, it was able to update to SOnoma RC1 and then to RC2 with success.

Spoiler

2566-09-2219_09_23.png.a648cbb1206fdee5659fc7adc26eac8e.png

• Like 1

@wastez

According to Apple, these Intel Mac computers have Apple T2 security chip:

• iMac (2020)
  • Mac Pro (2019)                                            
  • Mac Pro (Rack, 2019)
  • Mac mini (2018)
  • MacBook Air (2020)
  • MacBook Air (2019)
  • MacBook Air (2018)
  • MacBook Pro (2020)
  • MacBook Pro (2019)
  • MacBook Pro (2018)
  • iMac Pro (2017).

iMac19,1 (March 2019 - Minimum macOS 10.14.4) isn't in the list because it has no T2 chip.

• Like 4