Katana

captainsquash

137 posts in this topic

Radeon9200

http://art5dog.com/Downloads/Radeon9200pack.dmg

I don't support these anymore, but I am reposting them upon request.

Good Luck and I hope they are still useful to somebody.

YMMV,

gt

Goodtime, Captainsquash, Omni: thanks for your effort - I got 1400x1050 finally on my Thinkpad T40 :-) (0x4c66)

Edited by ttorok

Hi...

Just install the KATANA 2c... Works... KINDA... but I can honest say that Katana it`s the only one that came close... NATIT - NOTHING... the Neo installer... only VGA and black screen after change resolution... to bad...

KATANA.

I can`t change any resolution ... enter the re-start display and i must re-start to work again.

No mouse tearing... help`s a lot!

I only hope that u improve the program... THANKS! KEEP THE GOOD WORK!

Info about my PCIE card! Manufaturer GEOCUBE!

Radeon X1600 XT (PCIE):

Chipset Model: Radeon X1600 XT (PCIE)

Type: Display

Bus: PCIe

VRAM (Total): 256 MB

Vendor: ATI (0x1002)

Device ID: 0x71c0

Revision ID: 0x0000

Displays:

Display:

Resolution: 1024 x 768 @ 60 Hz

Depth: 32-bit Color

Core Image: Not Supported

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Quartz Extreme: Not Supported

I am running JaS 10.4.8 and an rv250 ati agp card (from what the bios says on startup) and this install did absolutely nothing for me (still stuck on 1024x768, it did however add the ability to change the resolution but it went to black screen), the only one i came across was .2 i guess the most recent one was removed or something. the third version im assuming. im about to try this out with my x850xt pe agp card now and see what it does for me...will be right back

booted straight to blue screen and asked me to restart :whistle:

help would be much appreciated

Radeon9200

http://art5dog.com/Downloads/Radeon9200pack.dmg

I don't support these anymore, but I am reposting them upon request.

Good Luck and I hope they are still useful to somebody.

YMMV,

gt

Goodtime, Captainsquash, Omni: thanks for your effort - I got 1400x1050 finally on my Thinkpad T40 :-) (0x4c66)

Have you gotten QE to work?

Hi guys i'm new to this Mac thing on x86.

I cant get this program to work. The system does not load a keks for my graphics card. Radeon 9600 Pro

How do i do this step?

From previous postings. Open terminal (sudo -s) and set the vendor id (0x4c571002) in CallistoHAL.kext

I mean in terminal mode i can enter sudo -s

and then?? which file do i have to change.

CallistoHAL.kext is a directory.

Unfortunately the actual Callisto Homepage cannot be accessed to download the real callisto driver so i cant get the graphics card to work. Maybe someone can upload the callisto 0.8 i have found an install script for my graphicscard for this, if i cant get Katana to work.

Thank you

Well, I regret to say this, but, well, I should.

I haven't had the time to work on Katana or any of my own projects unfortunately, and I still haven't been able to get a OSx86 box. So, regrettably, all work on Katana v.4 has been suspended indefinitely. I'll still hang around to support existing versions and help developers create an alternative (if they so choose) from time to time - but at this point just v.2c and v.3* will be the only releases of Katana.

If I had it my way, I'd work on Katana all the time - but I've got way too many things on my plate right now. Sorry.

:D

Hi Captain,

First at all, thanks a lot for yours efforts on this issue.

You see, Katana is the only package that gave me multiresolution on my Emachines M6811 AMD laptop/via chipset/ATI9600 mobility! SO, I can only say: thank you!

And it

's a shame you can not keep working on this, because I could not enamble QE o CI,.And I've been trying lots of things.

Do anybody heard of any succeed story with this configuration?

have a great day!

Ric

Katana is a Callisto and AGPGart installer for ATI graphics cards. It enables OpenGL acceleration and may someday enable Quartz Extreme. Katana should only be used as a last resort (as there are usually various and unique fixes for most ATI cards). Katana is, in essence, a highly stylized shotgun approach.

Now that Katana has become much more popular, I figured a separate thread would be a good idea, and without further ado...

Ladies and Gentlemen of the OSx86 community, I present to you Katana 0.3!

Katana 0.3 brings a lot of new things to the table, but below are the main ones which you'll notice right away:

Intelligent autodetection

Katana 0.3 Uses a much smarter (per se) autodetection algorithm and has been incredibly accurate thus far.

KatanaDoctor Lite

The Doctor is in! KatanaDoctor Lite is a nifty app which enables you to take snapshots of your graphics configuration. You can back up multiple configurations (and add little notes to them too), and restore backed up configurations. A GUI version will be introduced in 0.4. KatanaDoctor automatically backs up your configuration before you install 0.3 so you can always go back to that if need be.

The latest and greatest kexts

I've always tried to keep to keep the Katana builds as up to date as I can, and this build is no exception. 0.3 includes a slightly modified Callisto 005 kext and AGPGart 2.1z.

I hope it works for you! The file is attached below in zip format.

:thumbsup_anim:

Release notes: (Stable = confirmed working by nearly everyone, Testing = latest release - but may not work for you, Dev = a release that could use a little massaging, you might want to consider alternate builds for the time being)

0.2c (STABLE) seems to be the old standby - no autodetection. Use 0.2c if you really don't feel like messing around with new builds and you just want something that works.

0.3 - (DEV) - bleeding edge kexts, new autodetection algorithm - Includes KatanaDoctor.

0.3a4 has been temporarily removed until support for AGP@* type cards has been fully implemented and confirmed working

Before you run the 0.3 Installer, run KatanaDiag.command (double click it) and make sure the autodetection test passes before you install. The autodetection script in Katana 0.3a installer is the same as the one in the KatanaDiag script, so it should install correctly provided it passes the test, but the installer has been known to take significantly longer than KatanaDiag in some cases

Katana 0.2c doesn't work for me..

I have an ATI RV370 x550. OpenGL is unable to load..

And i have a question for the guy that made katana. great respect. The only reason i am trying this instalation is so that i can make my dvd working. When i start the dvd player it gives me a 70017 error saying i don't have a video device from wich to playback. If you could please help me, i would be greatfull. I have a mac os 10.4.6. And it runs on a dell d600. I instaled katana and it worked great. no errors. but i still get that error on my dvd. what should i do?

Edited by redoxin

redoxin - Unfortunately the Apple DVD player will not work with Katana, I believe you need to have Quartz Extreme in order for it to work. You can try to use VLC to play DVDs instead (http://www.videolan.org/vlc/), but it's very sluggish.

I haven't probed too much into this, but as far as I know without QE you're going to be out of luck with DVD player and I'm not sure of any (fully) working alternatives to this with OpenGL via Callisto.

codestain - Could you be a bit more specific? What about it isn't working? I'm guessing that Katana installed successfully, but you're not getting OpenGL acceleration - If that's the case - click the mac in the top left corner, select about this mac, more info, system profiler comes up, on the left column go down to software --> extensions

and tell me if you see anything that says Callisto there

capitan when i try to look in the system profiler i see this error at calisto:

Version: 1.0.0d1

Last Modified: 5/27/06 12:46 PM

kext Version: 1.0.0d1

Load Address: 0x1ecda000

Valid: Yes

Authentic: Yes

Dependencies: Incomplete

Dependency Errors:

com.apple.iokit.IOGraphicsFamily: No valid version of this dependency can be found

com.apple.iokit.IOPCIFamily: No valid version of this dependency can be found

Integrity: Unknown

Edited by redoxin

redoxin - Unfortunately the Apple DVD player will not work with Katana, I believe you need to have Quartz Extreme in order for it to work. You can try to use VLC to play DVDs instead (http://www.videolan.org/vlc/), but it's very sluggish.

I haven't probed too much into this, but as far as I know without QE you're going to be out of luck with DVD player and I'm not sure of any (fully) working alternatives to this with OpenGL via Callisto.

codestain - Could you be a bit more specific? What about it isn't working? I'm guessing that Katana installed successfully, but you're not getting OpenGL acceleration - If that's the case - click the mac in the top left corner, select about this mac, more info, system profiler comes up, on the left column go down to software --> extensions

Thanks for the reply captainsquash

I have no OpenGL. I tried to load for example Second Life program and it says "Can't load GL context" or something like that. To be sure I downloaded another game using opengl and it can't load.

I read in the osx86 page that my card worked with callisto 008 (in JAS 10.4.6, i have 10.4.8) so I downloaded and installed that.. No luck again, opengl doesn't work. I had uninstalled katana before installing callisto 008. System profiler doesn't say anything about callisto! Currently I'm with callisto 008 installed.

ok capitan i finaly found a good version of vlc. and made it play all of my video devices. but i still have that problem in the callisto menu i said earlier. How can i fix it? does this mean i have no opengl?

Edited by redoxin

i have an ati radeon 9250 (id 5960) and i use katana version 0.2.

It is good for my agp bus, but only for 1024x768 resolution.

I have a Syncmaster 719Mp Samsung LCD and if change resolution at 1280x1024 at reboot i have black screen (bad frequency). What's wrong?

Can you help me please?

How do i uninstall callisto 008 ?

Thanks

joe75 I'm new in osx, I write all these as I see them on the terminal? what the '*' means?

You need to type that at boot. Press F8 and at boot prompt type -s, for singal user mode. From there follow the sceen info and type /sbin/mount -uw /, to make root writeable. Now type the rm commands I listed to rm/remove Callisto from Extensions.

Don't forget the .(dot) after Extensions.*, when removeing kextcache or you will rm /Extensios folder and fkd your install ;)

The (*) is tell the system to include all of particular name; both Callisto kexts.

You need to type that at boot. Press F8 and at boot prompt type -s, for singal user mode. From there follow the sceen info and type /sbin/mount -uw /, to make root writeable. Now type the rm commands I listed to rm/remove Callisto from Extensions.

Don't forget the .(dot) after Extensions.*, when removeing kextcache or you will rm /Extensios folder and fkd your install :)

The (*) is tell the system to include all of particular name; both Callisto kexts.

In the Extensions folder there isn't any folder called calllisto to be removed and i have a lot of ".bundle" files for ati radeon..

I don't know if that's of any relevance..

i don't want to be a pain in the ..... but don't forget about those opengl errors.. or whatever they are. If i don't have opengl even after i installed your katana, should i install agpgart? And you think i should could you give me a link to the download, or what to do to make this opengl work. Thanks a lot.