Asus N551jx unresponsive fan with static 10000 rpm, continuous CPU spikes with 60-70 degrees temperature range, above 90 degrees under stress.

isach

13 posts in this topic

Hi

I have an Asus laptop that has the following issues:

1) It has continuous peaks in the CPU rate usage, with a variable temperature of 60-70 degrees that it goes above 90 degrees under stress when I use audio and video production software such as Logic Pro, etc.

2) The fan seems to be unresponsive, it doesn't compensate the CPU and sometimes it spins very fast for no reason, any sensor app indicates a static speed rate set at 10000 RPM.

I read that these issues are dsdt patching related. 

Some dudes from Hackintosh Italy telegram group tried to help me but they can't figure out a fix.

Please can you help me?

Thanks, have a good day

benchmark: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yp4e5gA7Gi96gkcpl6TFarB9D186nlfi/view?usp=sharing

Laptop info: ASUS N551JX-CN043T - INTEL CORE I7 Haswell - HD4600 Mobile - Wi-Fi Atheros AR9485 
OS MOJAVE 10.14.6 with clover bootloader

@Mieze @Allan @Jief_Machak @Pavo

Note: I had to remove apple alc, to resize zip file and uplaod it

CLOVER.zip

Edited by isach

4 hours ago, Allan said:

And did you test boot without the patched DSDT?

Nope, I didn't i thought the dsdt was mandatory for booting, Do you want me to deleted dsdt in acpi/patched and reboot again?

4 hours ago, Allan said:

You can copy the file to the Desktop, and delete from the patched folder. And try to boot

Who patched the DSDT for you?

Some dudes form Hackitonsh Italy Telegram group compiled my dsdt, i'm tryna figure out how to make everything to work cause they couldn't get too far.

4 hours ago, Allan said:

You can copy the file to the Desktop, and delete from the patched folder. And try to boot

Who patched the DSDT for you?

Quick question, I found an OC efi based on a asus n551jk, my laptop it is an asus n551jx, the kexts are basically the same, so I took the dsdt and kept my clover config file. Everything it looks good to me, the sensors are tracking the fan rpm speed, but i'm not completely sure about all of this.

Can you check if everyhing is legit?

I tried to move to opencore but it doesn't work, should i stick with clover?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/961xi4d9ijo9sv2/EFI.zip?dl=0

Btw i forgot to mention this: I removed the dsdt, cleaned nvram as you suggested, to boot with your efi, but no luck, I can't make it work. My bad

Edited by isach