[pre-release] macOS Monterey 12.3

fantomas

214 posts in this topic

Don't know why-but this update-12.3 (21E5196i) gives me a blank screen just as the desktop loads. I can tell that the OS is actually loaded but no display is visible via HDMI to my monitor.  Strange cause when I boot my Big Sur 11.3 with same EFI everything is OK! Furthermore this problem was not there with Mac Os 12.2-(21D49) or all the other earlier versions and RX580 card is meant to be compatible OTB 

Any suggestions guys for a way round this will be highly appreciated.

Thanks

Update: Also tried different approach by updating Big Sur 11.3 straight to Mac OS 12.3- but same problem still persists

Mac 20,2  Build 1: i5-9400F-(seen as 6 core i9?), Samsung 16GB DDR4 RAM, MSI Gaming Plus Z390, Radeon RX580 8GB, OC 0.7.8

Edited by ndungu6678

5 hours ago, Pavo said:

Can anyone with Intel I211 variant of Ethernet see if its working with Driverkit-AppleEthernetE1000.dext or not? On some AMD systems its activating but causes extreme stability issues and panics.

565266237_ScreenShot2022-01-30at1_34_33PM.png.b5d7895abfb391188d5f4b94f6b8a1f8.png

Seems to be newly working for me. The interface is a 8086:1539 of the asrock kind (1849:1539).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jinbingmao said:

Clear customizations to Polaris graphics cards

Looks like I'm not the only one with the blank screen problem with RX580-sorry to ask if I appear dumb, but exactly how and where do we clear the Polaris card customizations- do you mean in Open Core?

With OpenCore 0.7.7, did not happen and a message: OCB: start image failed Aborted appeared after the launch of the update volume indicated: support.apple.com/mac/startup with the forbidden parking panel (you're talking, I didn't want to stay there anyway). I specify that I have a dual boot with Windows 11 on this configuration Gigabyte Z390M Gaming (08/2019) : Core i9-9900K; 16 Go RAM; Sapphire Radeon RX580 Pulse 8g // iMacPro1,1 // Clover 5143 - OC 0.7.7 // 12.3ß1 (with Clover, not OC) (Nvme Crucial Gen4 CT500); Windows 11 (SSD)

On the same configuration, however, with Clover 5143, no problem either to update to 12.3ß or to launch Windows 11.

I specify that, until now, still on this configuration, I had done system updates with OpenCore and that I had never encountered this problem (with Windows 11 installed)

• Like 1

23 hours ago, jm26200 said:

Hi

grrrr  on my Z490 aorus no success arrival  last step and all block when stay 8% must reintall   

on my Z590 its  ok

Same here with Gigabyte Z590 VISION G... stuck on 8 min left installation bar.

Did you find a solution ?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 4

13 hours ago, Carbonimax said:

Idem ici avec Gigabyte Z590 VISION G... bloqué sur la barre d'installation gauche de 8 min.

Avez-vous trouvé une solution ?

After multiple attempts impossible to complete the installation of 12.3.
So made the decision to wait for a next update, and on mo Z590 very slow too so not interesting
have a nice day waiting
Regards

On 1/31/2022 at 1:20 AM, mnfesq said:

I managed to install 12.3 beta without incident but now my laptop is having trouble connecting to wifi after waking from sleep. Toggling wifi on and off once or twice fixes it.  Using the latest AirportBrcmFixup, of course.

No such an issue in my Z97 mackintosh.

Screen Shot 2022-02-01 at 11.51.56 AM.png

• Like 2

X299 with RX580 ok MacOS Monterey Beta 3( 21E5196i)

Universal Control is finally here but it's not very stable. My Ipad ( with IOS 15.4 Beta ) keeps disconnecting ( or the other way around 🙄 )

I suspect the wifi card Intel AX200 to be the trouble maker...Might have to switch back to BCM. Or wait for an update on itlwm.kext . 

My I210 is also still giving me the silent treatment. ( with Driverkit-AppleEthernetE1000 ). Have not tested further.

So, there... another useless update 😝

Edited by Ellybz
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, FirstTimeCustomac said:

@jsl2000 On my LGA 775 platform, UHCI devices are not Hot-pluggable ie. usb keyboard and mouse. Is this expected on macOS Monterey? Lower versions worked just fine.

Yes.

My solution: try any one of the following options.

1. The best: add a PCI-e x1 USB 3.0 adapter such as FL-1100

2. Use front USB ports

3. Use PS2 keyboard/mouse

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jsl2000 said:

Yes.

My solution: try any one of the following options.

1. The best: add a PCI-e x1 USB 3.0 adapter such as FL-1100

2. Use front USB ports

3. Use PS2 keyboard/mouse

Ah.. OK. Thank you for that info.  So to use FV-T919 Bluetooth, it looks like I'll have to use USB male header to USB A and route it out to back of the case then connect it to PCIe USB 3.0 adapter.

48 minutes ago, FirstTimeCustomac said:

Ah.. OK. Thank you for that info.  So to use FV-T919 Bluetooth, it looks like I'll have to use USB male header to USB A and route it out to back of the case then connect it to PCIe USB 3.0 adapter.

I'm not sure whether your BlueTooth will be working at Monterey or not because mine is not working yet.

15 minutes ago, jsl2000 said:

I'm not sure whether your BlueTooth will be working at Monterey or not because mine is not working yet.

On a cold boot. UHCI devices do work including my apple magic devices connected to fenvi bluetooth(UHCI). However, once after waking up from sleep none of the UHCI devices will work.  So as you have said, forcing it to EHCI controller might resolve the issue.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, FirstTimeCustomac said:

On a cold boot. UHCI devices do work including my apple magic devices connected to fenvi bluetooth(UHCI). However, once after waking up from sleep none of the UHCI devices will work.  So as you have said, forcing it to EHCI controller might resolve the issue.

On my LGA 775 rig I use this patch: https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Install-Guide/troubleshooting/extended/userspace-issues.html#keyboard-and-mouse-broken-in-big-sur. UHCI is not Hot-pluggable, but fully functional even after sleep (mouse, keyboard, bluetooth).

45 minutes ago, Stefanalmare said:

I don't know to make better patch. Exist better solution Slice?

I don't think so. USB driver contains 2Mb binary codes and only authors (Apple) can improve it. But I think they don't want. 

• Haha 1