[pre-release] macOS Monterey 12.2

Anto65

47 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Stefanalmare said:

Hi! What overclock do you use? I have 52 on P cores and 40 on E cores and my best GB 5 is 19500. Also my RAM is 5400.

Hello :)

I have several profiles in bios with different overclocks ...

Well, I have 6-P cores at 5.0Ghz, and two at 5.1Ghz, and the 8-E cores at 4.1Ghz, and the ram at 6200Mhz CL34

This is the most conservative, to have good temperatures ... and because in MacOS I don't need to have the cpu at high frequencies ... I don't need it ...

But for windows I load a profile of "By core usage + TVB", and I have a very good performance in games together with an RTX 3080

D23GXa7.png

And I have RL Custom and the cpu with delid and conductonaut 

PS: I have done another run in MacOS 12.1 right now and it performs a little more in single core than in 12.2 beta

https://browser.geekbench.com/v5/cpu/12095504

Greetings 

Edited by PoMpIs
  • Like 4

5 hours ago, meaganmargaret said:

Seems like a waste to post screen shot after screen shot for every beta.

Yes I totally agree although I've fallen back into that habit - (Note to self......Stop posting screenshots of successful updates.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, meaganmargaret said:

So, I have been updating all along, but I haven't been posting screen shots.  Given that this site has limited space for screen shots, do we have to?  Seems like a waste to post screen shot after screen shot for every beta.

Isn't there a better way?

Screen Shot 2022-01-12 at 4.34.59 PM.png

Sure -- just use a free (or paid, if you prefer) Dropbox account. :)

To get the image to show in the forums, you need to change the start of the Dropbox link/URL from www. to dl. - see below.

Random recent screenshot of mine is below -- this is located in my own Dropbox account, not in these forums. :) 

(So, it does not take any of the precious, limited forums file storage space. ;) )

Screenshot%202022-01-12%2015.55.11.png?d

Edited by Naki
  • Like 3

22 hours ago, eSaF said:

As promised to our friend member @meaganmargaret and my self, no more unnecessary screenshots of latest OS X updates but just a simple post to report Monterey 12.2 (21D48) done without drama. :thumbsup_anim:

done without drama. Clover5143.

• Like 10

On 1/10/2022 at 3:56 PM, PoMpIs said:

Hello :)

I have several profiles in bios with different overclocks ...

Well, I have 6-P cores at 5.0Ghz, and two at 5.1Ghz, and the 8-E cores at 4.1Ghz, and the ram at 6200Mhz CL34

This is the most conservative, to have good temperatures ... and because in MacOS I don't need to have the cpu at high frequencies ... I don't need it ...

But for windows I load a profile of "By core usage + TVB", and I have a very good performance in games together with an RTX 3080

Reveal hidden contents

D23GXa7.png

And I have RL Custom and the cpu with delid and conductonaut 

PS: I have done another run in MacOS 12.1 right now and it performs a little more in single core than in 12.2 beta

https://browser.geekbench.com/v5/cpu/12095504

Greetings 

very nice hack well done

• Like 2