[pre-release] macOS Monterey 12.2

Anto65

47 posts in this topic

Apple continues the beta update rain for both Monterey as well  as Big Sur, for which Apple has now, at long last also included Safari version 15.2. Things are moving despite that it is almost Xmas.

Regards. Henties

• Like 2

4 hours ago, hiphopboy said:

i dont know why, my every update always download 11GB to install :( Anybody knows ?

Screen Shot 2021-12-17 at 6.36.43 PM.png

You are probably using some kind of system patcher like for IvyBridge or for Nvidia cards.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, hiphopboy said:

yes, im using Geforce Patcher for Kepler VGA ? it's problem ?

After GeoForce patching for GPU the snapshot was broken.

Since then every update need full installer (about 11GB) instead of incremental installer (about 2.x GB).

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 12/18/2021 at 7:27 AM, jsl2000 said:

After GeoForce patching for GPU the snapshot was broken.

Since then every update need full installer (about 11GB) instead of incremental installer (about 2.x GB).

Would it be possible to place the GeForce files in /Library/Extensions instead of /System/Library/Extensions? I think that way they won't be deleted after each update.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 12/21/2021 at 4:41 AM, Common_Sense said:

Would it be possible to place the GeForce files in /Library/Extensions instead of /System/Library/Extensions? I think that way they won't be deleted after each update.

No it's not works :d

• Like 2

Forgive if I'm not posting in the right spot......

Lately my machine when sleeping (I think) has randomly crashed and reset the bios......

Not sure if something in the latest bios is messing with OC???? 

Im on the OC 0.7.6

thoughts on how to fix?

thanks

• Like 2

I am having a problem with my webcam.  it is being detected as an "HP IR Camera" in the Camera section of System Information but is detected as an "HP Wide Vision FHD Camera" in the USB section.  The designation in the USB section is the correct designation.  The webcam works fine in Windows and I booted to a USB installation of Catalina I found and the webcam worked fine in Catalina.

I am thinking that his may not be a flaw or bug, per se, but that it might be Apple experimenting with facial recognition software in order to allow FaceID on Macs via the webcam.  Can anyone confirm what is going on?  I'm thinking that webcams on real Macs may have the ability to work as both an HD cam and an IR cam but that my HP webcam cannot.  Might there be a way to disable this? Thoughts?

EDIT: So it turns out that my webcam is able to work as both a FHD camera and an IR camera and macOS is choosing to have it run as an IR camera.  The IR camera only works in Black & White with a very low frame rate and there are red lights that flash on each side of the camera lens when it's running.  Pretty much useless for FaceTime or Zoom.

EDIT:  Problem solved.  I removed my USBPorts.kext and replaced it with USBInjectAll.kext.  That restored the FHD Camera.  I then rebuilt USBPorts.kext, rebooted, and all is well.  I guess there was some change to the USB mapping when I updated last.

Edited by mnfesq
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/9/2022 at 12:25 AM, PoMpIs said:

Well in the end, I have encouraged to put Montery in my 12900K and Asus Hero z690 ..

And since it is for testing only, I have upgraded to 12.2 beta ...

Works really well 😋 ... ( thanks to MaLd0n for DSDT ) 

https://browser.geekbench.com/v5/cpu/12059151

Reveal hidden contents

1469947905_Capturadepantalla2022-01-08alas23_19_31.thumb.png.59b9f19aa89dd8013f566d0a6a65038f.png 

Hi! What overclock do you use? I have 52 on P cores and 40 on E cores and my best GB 5 is 19500. Also my RAM is 5400.

• Like 3