[Release] macOS Big Sur 11.6

Wayang-NT

108 posts in this topic

Big Sur 11.6.1 is available, and offered as an upgrade, when enrolled in the "Apple Developer Seed Program" Safari 15.1 is also bundled with that upgrade option.

Presently downloading, size 2.53 GB.

Greetings Henties

Edit: Smoothe upgrade to Big Sur 11.6.1 - it also added some "device support update" required for backing up                and restoring iOS devices.

Will monitor behaviour of this new Big Sur iteration for a while before I will consider upgrading my other hacks.

Big Sur 11.6.1 (20G211).png

Edited by Henties
  • Like 1

ok found this...

Hello @Hervé ... yes, can you continue to use the 11.6.1 update that I have downloaded and have already installed,

or is it faulty and accidentally (because there are errors in it) were delivered?
should one uninstall it again or reinstall a backup of 11.6?

or can one continue to use the 11.6.1?

Edited by AlfredoM
  • Confused 1

@AlfredoM I am using 11.6.1 on 2 of my 5 hacks where this new "beta" code is being thoroughly tested on, which used to be, released Big Sur 11.6 incarnations. The downgrade to beta 11.6.1  from 11.6 release - yes you figure - is working well and is proving to be stable.

Rather strange things happening in strange Apple places. Apple has in the interim elevated 11.6.1 to public beta status.

Regards Henties

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
11 hours ago, Henties said:

Apple is seeding Big Sur 11.6.2 build 303, I stumbled across this one by sheer accident. 🤪

Greetings Henties

Hey @Henties, how are you?

I've just merged your topic to this current one, as this topic talks about the same thing (BS 11.6.xx updates).

Your and the others guys posts will fit well. 😀

Thank you 😉

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

This is Beta or RC -- not the real thing, yes?

When you give info on such macOS updates, and they are not final/RTM, please make sure to mention that. :) 

Edited by Naki
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Naki said:

This is Beta or RC -- not the real thing, yes?

When you give info on such macOS updates, and they are not final/RTM, please make sure to mention that. :) 

He shown 20G306. The number without small letter like "b" at the end means it is Release, not Beta.

About "final", I got updates for Mojave this year so a year ago Mojave was not "final". More so BigSur.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Slice said:

He shown 20G306. The number without small letter like "b" at the end means it is Release, not Beta.

About "final", I got updates for Mojave this year so a year ago Mojave was not "final". More so Big Sur.

Word playing around does not change the meaning of what I wrote. :) 

I think it is understandable the way I worded it, it may not be the "best" way but this is a forum after all, not a science magazine or similar.

Okay, please see here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MacOS_Big_Sur

Latest release 11.6.1 [2] (20G224)[3] (October 25, 2021; 22 days ago) 

Notice it is 11.6.1, and the 22 days ago part. 

EDIT: One more link to prove it, this is official Apple info:

What's new in the updates for macOS Big Sur

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT211896

One more:

https://apple.fandom.com/wiki/MacOS_11.6.2

Thanks for the interest and comments. 

Edited by Naki
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...