[Release] macOS Big Sur 11.6

Wayang-NT

108 posts in this topic

Finally, I could do the update, after I enabled the SIP. csr-active-config <00000000>. I had it <F00F0000>. After the update, I changed it to <67080000> and it appears to offer software updates in the future. How to check if you will get next SU? Go in System Preferences -> Software Update -> Advanced. If you see a red bullet there, something is wrong with the SIP and you have Software Update offer blocked. The update went smooth.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/17/2021 at 7:48 PM, antuneddu said:

Is this the entire Big Sur full install = 11.6?  Apology for asking since the file is InstallAssistant.pkg, never seen one prior.

Seems the beta testing blocks all updates for some reason everything from and after 11.5 and beyond.

may need a new beta insertion app to carry further up.

On 9/13/2021 at 4:11 PM, Allan said:

Everything amazing as always 😁

Screen Shot 2021-09-13 at 17.10.16.png

Interesting part here what would cause the (20G165) not to show up?

Used to show up but since 11.5 has not.  

had to use Terminal >> sw_vers

17 hours ago, Hervé said:

At more than 12GB, the InstallAssistant package clearly is the full install. Your other alternative is the installation package available through the AppStore...

macOS_AppStore.jpg

What's a "new beta insertion app"? :surprised: If you've signed into the beta program, indeed you won't get any offers for mainstream updates until you opt out. It's always been like that and it's been said and written many times before on the forum and right at the top of this very page!

Build number has never been shown by default. One has to click on the OS X/macOS version for the build # to appear...

macOS_Build_version.jpg

Or are you saying that, in your case, the build # does not show up when you click on "Version 11.6" ?

Awesome

Thank you

Herve'

for the AssistantInstall.pkg how to get this to mount and make a bootable USB?

For the About Mac, yes, the build number used to show everytime on the previous before. but since updating to 11.x no build number

(20G71) maybe because I did click it before out of chance.... funny

For the beta testing I didn't read that part.. oops..

Thanks! 

Edited by makk

17 minutes ago, makk said:

Herve'

for the AssistantInstall.pkg how to get this to mount and make a bootable USB?

For the About Mac, yes, the build number used to show everytime on the previous before. but since updating to 11.x no build number

(20G71) maybe because I did click it before out of chance.... funny

For the beta testing I didn't read that part.. oops..

Thanks! 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1XSNzMpDQX0pZ6swCphvTeHglg5O10dlW/view?usp=sharing

Just now, antuneddu said:

but did you detect it, did you update it? 🤫

I looked for it in the usual places hoping to get the update, not to be found, I will try auto update and see what that brings.

I also got the update (2.53GB) automatically as an update on September 29th, 2021 on my original iMac mid 2020 and also installed it.
It's strange that you don't get any more information on the net, no change log or the like, nothing to be found, as if this update never existed.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, antuneddu said:

I believe doing enroll into the Apple Developer

That is correct, only then the update was offered to me.

Spoiler

840615526_ScreenShot2021-09-30at18_24_13.png.19522f8d5f5474b2f092e4905815ef35.png

Update now complete :thumbsup_anim:

Spoiler

2036649437_ScreenShot2021-09-30at18_53_36.png.3b52a90b966100623118c74ba15efecc.png

Edited by eSaF
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, MorenoAv said:

The update is a no show for me, changed SMBios but didn't work... 

Run the script to enroll in developer beta, and showed the update to macOS Monterey...

Check again carefully, I think it also shows BS update as well, you need to expand the details to see what the update entails and then choose the BS one. That is how it appeared for me.

• Like 1

Update made, but I can't put images here because I lost bluetooth, I don't know how because I only have an EFI that boots both Big Sur and Monterey and in Monterey I have bluetooth... weird, weird, weird...

• Sad 1