Open source cross-platform OpenCore Auxiliary Tools(OCAT)

ic005k
571 posts in this topic

Oh dear!!! I don't know if it is me not understanding the latest OCAT release or I am having a problem on my machine. A few releases ago OCAT gave us the ability to check and update OC nightly releases which was just my ticket as I am an avid tester of these releases.

Now with OCAT's new version is the message it will not be tied to just one OC version (or did I read into that wrongly?). Yet when I check against OC 0.7.8 all is well, then switching over to OCAT Dev UI, I get a warning (see attached pics).

Ah well to test OC nightly versions, it seems I have to go back to doing all by hand. I thought I was on to a good thing when OCAT also automated nightly versions of OC. :(

Screenshot 2022-02-17 at 11.06.11 am.png

Screenshot 2022-02-17 at 11.10.01 am.png

Screenshot 2022-02-17 at 11.12.22 am.png

@eSaFI wonder if your problem has been effectively solved? If you have any questions, please post here, and I will see and answer your questions as soon as possible. https://github.com/ic005k/OCAuxiliaryTools/issues

I only have time to visit this forum occasionally, so I'm sorry that I may see your questions a little late and the answers are not very timely.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest 5T33Z0

I've noticed that the file size of the config.plist increases over time when opening it with OCAT, even when no changes to the content of the config itself are being made. So I opened the config with a plist editor, copied the raw text to a new file saved it and it was about a third smaller. See examples below.

File size before using OCAT:

BeforeOCAT.png.9df7c38b07cc47f1dc311640f6fa6142.png

File size after using OCAT:

AfterOCAT.png.dd06aaf2f1e88a1a87ee6997030d059a.png

I wonder why the file size increases. Does OCAT utilize versioning or add other metadata to the file?

Thanks

Is anyone else seeing this message at the top of the latest OCAT version

Spoiler

743303557_Screenshot2022-04-20at5_13_29pm.thumb.png.6949222893ca4748522bd58c623960cb.png

when checking with the in-built OC validate even though the latest Nightly OC release is the correct one that is running?

• Like 1

I too did put in a bug report and I just deleted the app although it was the latest, done a fresh install again but I'm still getting that message unless something has gone sideways on my rig.

Guest 5T33Z0

@eSaF

It's working on both of my systems.

• If deleting the App alone doesn't change anything, it's  because OCAT creates a hidden folder with the support files as mentioned in a previous post
  • Hit CMD+5 in OCAT
  • Delete the hidden .ocat folder
  • In OCAT, Click on help and "Download Upgrade Packages". This should download the support files
  • Restart OCAT

If you use the Dev mode, I believe the dev Datebase folder will be cretaed oncce you download/import the latest oc package zip file in the Sysnc menu

Edited by 5T33Z0

@5T33Z0 - Thanks I'll give that a try.

PS - Hopefully I followed your instructions faithfully and this is the result I got using OC validate. it's quite different from the usual comment of old, don't know if this is correct.

Spoiler

2016041848_Screenshot2022-04-20at9_50_40pm.thumb.png.5809ee4975a41401e6eb1dbbd2a24752.png

Edited by eSaF
  • Like 1

Spoiler

OK I think I found the culprit for the added line in OC validate. I built the latest Nightly Release commit and used the OC validate app within and that also had the extra line which led me to believe the problem is within OC it self. The next step I took was to go back to previous OC Nightly Releases and just take the OC validate from them and test and everyone after commit 'aa9293f' has the extra line, so my conclusion is, unless my install is throwing a wobble, something is amiss in the latest OC releases as far as the OC validate app is concerned.

Edit: Seeing that the Line is included in the past 2 to 3 Nightly Releases, leave me wondering if it is intentional instead of being a Bug, either way in my opinion surely it is stating the obvious and not necessary and should only pop up if one is using a newly released config.plist but didn't bother to update the other files in the EFI Folder to correspond i.e Drivers, Utilities, etc, etc but hey what do I know I am just grateful for the continuous developments in the OC project.

Spoiler

1096353478_Screenshot2022-04-21at12_03_53am.thumb.png.703d8504eb73becbb63189a79029508c.png

Screenshot 2022-04-21 at 12.33.53 am.png

Edited by eSaF

Guest 5T33Z0

@eSaF Just to verify, I followed my own instruction to delete and update the support files - and for me everything is working as expected:

587156971_Bildschirmfoto2022-04-21um08_00_01.thumb.png.79ac24aed3609827dac11209403ec735.png

Edited by 5T33Z0

2 minutes ago, 5T33Z0 said:

@eSaF Just to verify, I followed my own instruction to delete and update the support files - and for me everythink is working as expected:

587156971_Bildschirmfoto2022-04-21um08_00_01.thumb.png.79ac24aed3609827dac11209403ec735.png

Yea I just amended my post to question my premise as that line maybe intended even though I think it is stating the obvious. :)

• 2 months later...

ocat 78 keeps appearing when trying to update ocat aux tools (OCAT) the software informs me of an update and when downloading and installing the old version 78 appears.To report issues on github you have to be a member, thus reporting here as I have been an insanelymac user for many years.

then after install the whole process starts again. I have tried the following downloaded a fresh version and not used the update only to find yes, i am back at version 78

15 minutes ago, fuzzylogic said:

ocat 78 keeps appearing when trying to update ocat aux tools (OCAT) the software informs me of an update and when downloading and installing the old version 78 appears.To report issues on github you have to be a member, thus reporting here as I have been an insanelymac user for many years.

then after install the whole process starts again. I have tried the following downloaded a fresh version and not used the update only to find yes, i am back at version 78

https://github.com/ic005k/OCAuxiliaryTools/issues/195

https://github.com/5T33Z0/OC-Little-Translated/blob/main/D_Updating_OpenCore/README.md

OCAuxiliaryTools,

I feel perhaps a little more information on my part somewhere on my mac ocat appears to be stuck in version 78 if i remove ocat and download a clean version that version then becomes 78 it is not the content it is the actual app itself. I have already installed opencore version 83 and associated beta kernal extensions but rather when trying to use ocat aux tool

it does not change the version of the tool if i select to update then it becomes yet another version 78 if i download a fresh install and remove the old, the new version becomes version 78

thankyou and sorry i did not make or give more clarity. I have tried clean my mac and other fragment removal tools

5 hours ago, fuzzylogic said:

OCAuxiliaryTools,

I feel perhaps a little more information on my part somewhere on my mac ocat appears to be stuck in version 78 if i remove ocat and download a clean version that version then becomes 78 it is not the content it is the actual app itself. I have already installed opencore version 83 and associated beta kernal extensions but rather when trying to use ocat aux tool

it does not change the version of the tool if i select to update then it becomes yet another version 78 if i download a fresh install and remove the old, the new version becomes version 78

thankyou and sorry i did not make or give more clarity. I have tried clean my mac and other fragment removal tools

You have to update Opencore Database to OC 0.8.3 Release Version By Selecting option as per screen shot

Screenshot 2022-07-19 at 9.36.58 PM.png

Screenshot 2022-07-19 at 9.37.47 PM.png

• Like 2

for now if i pick dev in the drop down ocat changes to 82, if i pick debug it goes back to 78, 

deleted oc hidden folder as per instruction, not sure why 78 seems so prev but at least with Edit opencore dev it changes

ironically i have opencore version 83 and beta kext so not sure why ocat aux tools does not reflect the actual opencore efi folder with opencore version 83 

thanks for helping out