Jump to content
851 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

57 minutes ago, blackosx said:

Those icons look pretty small on that image sized 2560x1440. I guess that's the default size used in OpenCanopy until the threshold is met to switch to HiDPI. Have you tried changing the UIScale setting to use the larger icons?

No I haven't but to be honest I quite like this size but will try your suggestion and see - Thanks.

1 hour ago, blackosx said:

Those icons look pretty small on that image sized 2560x1440. I guess that's the default size used in OpenCanopy until the threshold is met to switch to HiDPI. Have you tried changing the UIScale setting to use the larger icons?

Yes the icons are teeny tiny on a 4K display. UIScale=2 is too big in my option. 1.5 would be perfect but you can’t do that.

On 8/26/2020 at 11:14 PM, chris1111 said:

You can try and use an Automate folder for icnspack I made its working perfectly good B)

create this set of Icon at the good size and use the name bellow  (verry important)

⬇︎
Selector.png
Selected.png
ExtHardDrive.png
AppleRecv.png
ExtAppleRecv.png
HardDrive.png
AppleTM.png
Windows.png
Tool.png
Shell.png

 

NOTE Selector.png must be 80x80 in 144 pixels

Selected.png  must be 288x288 in 144 pixels

All the others must be 256x256 in 144 pixels

---------------------------------

Do not worry about resizing and creating the final icon because the script will take care of it

You can read the script it is readable with any text editor.

Your only have to copy and paste your set of Icon in the folder Icon then double clic to icnspack-Build.command

In the video I create a themes in 3 seconds :D

NOTE: Folder Resource is removed with each use, and empty the Icon folder before starting over.

hope you like it

Folder attach

⬇︎

icnspack-Builder.zip

 

 

OMG! This is Fan-tastic!!! Not only do I not have to make two sets of pngs (1x and 2x), this takes the whole folder of PNGs and boom! It's done! Genius.

 

It is only missing the "Apple" icon option.

7 minutes ago, pkdesign said:

OMG! This is Fan-tastic!!! Not only do I not have to make two sets of pngs (1x and 2x), this takes the whole folder of PNGs and boom! It's done! Genius.

 

It is only missing the "Apple" icon option.

Thanks :) yea working like a charm :thumbsup_anim:

Apple Option ?

Hello, I've been trying to figure out how to use custom system icons for a few days and don't understand the instructions in the OpenCore document or here.  Can someone just please clarify it a bit. 

 

So, I have Ubuntu booting just fine with OpenCore.  I took the "ubuntu" icon and renamed it to ".VolumeIcons.icns" and put it in a usb drive then booted into Ubuntu and used "sudo mv" command to move it to "/" of my Ubuntu partition.  That didn't work.  I also placed the ".VolumeIcons.icns" icon in the "Ubuntu" folder of my EFI.  That didn't work either.  Thank you.

 

Apple.icns and Windows.icns are applied just fine.

PickerAttributes = 1

PickerMode = External

I have not tried setting custom icons for any Linux distro so cannot give 100% advice but what you've tried sounds correct, though is clearly not working for you.

 

Could maybe using Custom Entries help?

https://github.com/acidanthera/bugtracker/issues/1042

 

Have you tried using DBG version of OpenCore and OrenCanopy to see if there's anything in the log?


 

Edited by blackosx
Added DBG OpenCanopy
1 hour ago, blackosx said:

Could maybe using Custom Entries help?

https://github.com/acidanthera/bugtracker/issues/1042

OMG, thank you very much.  What answered my question was the pull request made by the user that opened the issue in the link.  He wrote:

 

For entry with Path = .../\EFI\path\to\bootloader.efi it should try to load .../\EFI\path\to\bootloader.efi.icns

 

So, basically what I did was place the icon in the OS folder in the EFI (in my case ubuntu and android) and renamed them to the same name as the bootloader with it's extension plus ".icns" and the end.  i.e. grubx64.efi.icns.  And boom everything worked.  Thanks for pointing me in that direction.

 

ps.  Love your icons.  Please consider adding some Android ones in the future if it's not too much trouble.

29214350.png

Edited by billgates
18 hours ago, chris1111 said:

Apple is HardDrive.png

If you have icns labeled Apple.icns then any Macintosh drive will show that icon. If it is labeled HardDrive.icns then any unknown (such as an EFI drive, Linux, etc) will use the HardDrive.icns.

 

Check blackosx drive sets and you can see Apple.icns options.

1 minute ago, pkdesign said:

If you have icns labeled Apple.icns then any Macintosh drive will show that icon. If it is labeled HardDrive.icns then any unknown (such as an EFI drive, Linux, etc) will use the HardDrive.icns.

 

Check blackosx drive sets and you can see Apple.icns options.

You only have rename HardDrive.png in the script

Well, after many weeks of trying to perfect this process, I have created a second and third set of icons for OpenCanopy I call CircleBlobIcon and CircleBlobText. I take a very different approach to icons.

 

You can find them here: https://github.com/pkdesign/OpenCanopyIcons

 

Many, many thanks to @chris1111 for his incredible batch script!

 

 

Spoiler

CircleBlobIcon.thumb.png.f261d773a5c7afff7fb85019ddae3551.png

 

1 hour ago, pkdesign said:

Well, after many weeks of trying to perfect this process, I have created a second and third set of icons for OpenCanopy I call CircleBlobIcon and CircleBlobText. I take a very different approach to icons.

 

You can find them here: https://github.com/pkdesign/OpenCanopyIcons

 

Many, many thanks to @chris1111 for his incredible batch script!

 

 

  Reveal hidden contents

CircleBlobIcon.thumb.png.f261d773a5c7afff7fb85019ddae3551.png

 

Beautyfull set of icons :thumbsup_anim: verry clean themes B)

×
×
  • Create New...