ASK For It !

Prasys

44 posts in this topic

There is a large user base that has the x200 on their laptops and for most of us we have everything BUT the x200 working. I am sorry but without QE/CI it just isnt a very functional OS.

Please help us ........... Thanks !!!!!!!!!!! :(:unsure::angel:

• 1 month later...

I would love to get some instructions to change the system ID in profiler to Mac Pro!ThanksI would love to get some instructions to change the system ID in profiler to Mac Pro!ThanksI would love to get some instructions to change the system ID in profiler to Mac Pro!Thanks

I would love (as would countless others) that someone with knowledge/hax correct the kext file for AC97 audio for ALC653 codec.

My motherboard is Abit A8V-MX and it has integrated AC97 audio with ALC653 codec.

Im one of those people who at best hear 1 second,.. yes 1 second of audio, then silence after that.

Volume icon is present and I can freely change it. Yet there is no sound.

If I knew whats the catch I would try it myself. I edited the files, used other edited kexts plist.info IDs etc.... nothing worked.

People would offer to help with uploading a kext or two but it looked like they were uploading kexts from ALC655 which is sadly not the same as, nor does it work with ALC653.

My mac instalation works perfect, no complaints, but its a major problem since I cant use multimedia (music, movies etc.) and its a MAC. :/

========================================

I followed many different advices and read countles forums and posts that tackle this problem one way or another.

I notticed they are mostly for HD audio codecs tho. ALC653 is not HD.

On WIKI it has been confirmed that the sound works on A8v-MX with a Plist.info modification. I tried changing ID to mine without success. Maybe Im doing one important step wrong, I dont know, but I would appreciate any person who owns this motherboard or any other with ALC653 onboard.

Cheers ;)

• 1 month later...

Would a script to sleep/wake the system display before the login screen appears be possible? On my Latitude D630, graphics only work after sleeping/waking the display, so automatic login has to be enabled. I have written an applescript to sleep/wake the display, but it only works when run after login (as a login item), and makes use of the sleepdisplay application (made for imac users). For this reason, I know it should be fairly easy to make a shell script to do this, but I don't know how I could get it to run before login. I want to be able to login, because it adds security, and multiple people use this computer so I don't want them to have to let my account log in before logging out and logging back into their accounts. If it is possible, could someone help me make it or tell me how to make it? Thanks.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

hello guys

i been loking for the right drivers for my wireless miniPCI Ralink RT2500 1814:0201 bran billionton

but nothing can you post me a reply if anyone have this fully working and if it not too much to ask if anyone knows a way to get work a Via/S3 unichrome pro IGP

hello

been messing about trying to make an install script in applescript studio sin packagemaker does not seem to want to run any script i make whats wrong with my simple script I keep getting an obscure error , any ideas would be appreciated...

----------------------------------------------------

-- gigasound.applescript

-- gigasound

-- Created by bcmalloy on 16/12/08.

-- Copyright 2008 _poosoft__. All rights reserved.

on clicked install

tell application "Finder"

if (file "/System/Library/Extensions/ALCInject.kext" exists) then

do shell script "sudo rm /System/Library/Extensions/ALCInject.kext" with administrator privileges

end if

end tell

if (file "/System/Library/Extensions/HDAEnabler.kext" exists) then

do shell script "sudo rm /System/Library/Extensions/HDAEnabler.kext" with administrator privileges

end if

end tell

if (folder "/System/Library/Extensions.kextcache" exists) then

do shell script "sudo rm -R /System/Library/Extensions.kextcache" with administrator privileges

end if

end tell

if (file "/System/Library/Extensions.kextcache" exists) then

do shell script "sudo rm -R /System/Library/Extensions.mkext" with administrator privileges

end if

end tell

if (file "/System/Library/Extensions.mkext" exists) then

do shell script "sudo rm -R /System/Library/Extensions.mkext" with administrator privileges

end if

end tell

if (file "/System/Library/extentions/applehda.kext" exists) then

do shell script "sudo rm -R /System/Library/applehda.kext" with administrator privileges

end if

end tell

do shell script "sudo cp -r /volumes/giga/kext/applehda.kext /System/Library/Extensions/" with administrator privileges

do shell script "sudo chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions" with administrator privileges

do shell script "sudo chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions" with administrator privileges

display dialog "Install complete"

end tell

end clicked

on clicked quit

quit

end clicked

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
Hey guys and gals,

Since this is a new project , I would like your input. Thats right , just say what is your need and we might able to get that working , thus making your life easier. I am focusing on stuff that people do require [Please do not ask me for drivers and stuff like that] such as easy Kernel Updater and stuff like that. That makes our lifes even easier

So if you need something , dont panic , dont run around in circles. Just post it here and I will see if I could help you out with that

Thank you

i would love to have my belkin wirelees g network adapter work on my hackintosh.running kaly 10.5.2 i,ve tried the ralink stuff and am having no luck maybe you could walk me through it. thanks in advance for any help

• 2 months later...

Hey,im having problems getting Quartz Extreme on my Hackintosh with ideneb 1057 updated to 1058 with the ideneb combo update. Never had QE in this new set. My Graphics card is am ATI HD2600Pro. This is the output of my System Profiler, (sorry its in spanish, i hope you will understand):

ATI Radeon HD 2600 XT:

Modelo de chipset: ATI Radeon HD 2600

Tipo: Pantalla

Bus: PCIe

Ranura: Slot-1

Anchura de canal PCIe: x16

VRAM (total): 256 MB

Fabricante: ATI (0x1002)

ID del dispositivo: 0x9589

ID de la revisión: 0x0000

Revisión de la ROM: 113-B1480A-236

Versión del driver EFI: 01.00.236

Pantallas:

BenQ FP202WA:

Resolución: 1680 x 1050 @ 60 Hz

Profundidad: Color de 32 bits

Core Image: Software

Pantalla principal: Sí

Duplicado: Desactivado

En línea: Sí

Quartz Extreme: Incompatible

QuartzGL: Compatible

Conector de pantalla:

Estado: No hay ninguna pantalla conectada

As you can see its detected as an ATI HD2600 XT, and QE its incompatible, meanwhile QuartzGL its enabled, but cant play Urban Terror for example.

I've installed one driver package for 2600pro, i think the last one available at #radeonHD.

What can i do? I had full 3d support on another PC set and now i can get it working. Please help, i need an infalible script.

ASUS P5Q, with modded bios 2106

Intel Core2Quad 9550

ATI Hd2600pro detected as hd2600xt

4gb Ram

Chameleon2 RC2

Thanks there.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Mr.Vaughn

ok here's my problem. I have an Atheros AR5007 Wireless card in my laptop. And the only way to get it to connect is by the jerry rigged way found in this forum here http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=138351

basically you install the kext file there then you install kismac then you use it to search then when it finds it you have to Close kismac really fast then go up to the air port icon real fast THEN click the network and sometime kismac locks up and sometimes it finds nothing and its a big mess.... i was wondering if there was some way to use the kexts that kismac loads to make a startup script or something to make this process MUCH easier...

Thanks

• 2 months later...

I am looking for help porting this app: eee-control to OS X. I have had various levels of success and failures with it. If anyone is willing to help, I would greatly appreciate it.

Little Info:

Its a Linux app that controls the EeePC's CPU and FAN. It is written in python. I can provide compiling logs to anyone willing to help. There is a kernel module that is required for it to work and I think that is where I am running into my problems.

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

ok I am trying to create and executable script or something similar that I can double click and have it unload and reload kexts. here is what I put in terminal

su

here I enter password for root

kextunload /system/library/extensions/voodoohda.kext

kextload /system/library/extensions/voodoohda.kext

this works to get my sound back after sleep in snow leopard. I want to be able to double click something that can execute these terminal commands for me. any suggestions?

UPDATE: well I figured it out by creating a script using automator. I now have an unload script for unloading the voodoohda.kext and another for loading it back. it takes just a few seconds to fix sound after sleep now.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know if it's what you're looking for, but couldn't you just write a launch daemon that would run every so many seconds and verify that your connection is active and restart it if it isn't? I would be as simple as making a .plist file that points to your script with a time interval specified etc.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Launchd

I made a similar fix for bluetooth activation here, that you can use as an example:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=200341

MrMoebius

hi. i have an PPTP internet connection throught VPN.

and i've made easy script what allow me to auto connect vpn after boot.

here's the code:

• tell application "Internet Connect"
  • launch -- starts in background
  • try
  • connect
  • end try
  • quit
  • end tell

i make application with this code and just put it in dock and right-click - open at login, and remove it from dock.

i need a script, which will alllow me to reconnect my vpn, when disconnected.

can you help?

I've got some similar ideas of my own I'd like to try.. how do you add items to the install options or install menu?

MrMoebius

That would be awesome! can someone please port it?!

the same! BUMP

only ubuntu 9.04 can raise automatically the Bluetooth at system boot.. thanks to RF subpackage in the acpi extension of the lunix kernel.

never windows (vista, 7 etc) nor mac or other lunix distro can do that.

is the same as posted above.

is a very good goal to extend that function, and

why not to use ACER buttons? is it possible?

aH

another sad COLD CASE! ::

when you have 2 or 3 partition in a disk.. but i.e. you have leo in the 1st and snow in the 2nd..

only one is active.. so when chameleon boots.. it read necessary the Extra structure of the active partition.

the orrible horror is that the boot of snow (the 2nd not active) read fisrt the Extra folder in the active LEO partition.. and is a dirty and not stable boot!

the only solution is having a boot partition on the usb drive.. with the Clone of the snow partition. so chameleon boots in usb stick with the same extra folder as the 2nd partition. and the boot of snow starts correctly..

but.. what.. is not good to see!

• 1 month later...

Hello i nead a driver for my wiifi

Acer InviLink™ Nplify™ 802.11b/g/Draft-N Wi-Fi CERTIFIED® network connection, supporting Acer SignalUp™ wireless technology or

Acer InviLink™ 802.11b/g Wi-Fi CERTIFIED® network connection, supporting Acer SignalUp™ wireless technology

Pleas Hellp .

Thx