Glasgood's macOS Catalina [INSTALL GUIDE] Aorus Z390 Pro & Z390 Master

glasgood

94 posts in this topic

21 minutes ago, bbmt said:

Hi,

I try your manual and yes successful. Everything's works fine except the Airdrop and the Sidecar.

Intel i7 8700

Gigabyte Z390 Gaming X

16 GB DDR4 3000 Mhz

Gigabyte RX 580 8 GB

Thanks man!

No WiFi no Bluetooth = no airdrop or Sidecar 

if you do have a combo card then check your info in the clover config or failing that sign out of your iCloud restart and sign back in again otherwise just enjoy :thumbsup_anim:

on a side note, my EFI is not designed for you motherboard so it may be logging many errors under the hood, what you should do just to be safe is get a new DSDT created for your exact motherboard model and then you really will be golden buddy.

use the link below and request a dsdt from MaLd0n :) 

To Create Your Own Patched DSDT Message @MaLd0n using the link bellow

https://olarila.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=1131 

(If you want a perfect setup then getting your own patched DSDT made would be the best thing to do, Mine will work perfectly fine but different hardware no matter how small a change it is can tend to have some sort of effect on the DSDT and your setup)

Edited by AudioGod

34 minutes ago, AudioGod said:

No WiFi no Bluetooth = no airdrop or Sidecar 

if you do have a combo card then check your info in the clover config or failing that sign out of your iCloud restart and sign back in again otherwise just enjoy :thumbsup_anim:

on a side note, my EFI is not designed for you motherboard so it may be logging many errors under the hood, what you should do just to be safe is get a new DSDT created for your exact motherboard model and then you really will be golden buddy.

use the link below and request a dsdt from MaLd0n :) 

To Create Your Own Patched DSDT Message @MaLd0n using the link bellow

https://olarila.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=1131 

(If you want a perfect setup then getting your own patched DSDT made would be the best thing to do, Mine will work perfectly fine but different hardware no matter how small a change it is can tend to have some sort of effect on the DSDT and your setup)

I see, o.k send a request with his link.

Thanks for this amazing guide. All worked flawlessly. :) 

But I have one problem with enabeling FileVault. 

What steps are required to enable FileVault Full-Disk encryption with this setup?

I was stupid and enabled FileVault, but after the next reboot I was not able to book again, Clover does not show any partition. 

I then found out that it is required to add kext for FileVault, I did so with a clover USB drive, but I was still not able to boot again into my new hackintosh.

What did I wrong, and what is nessasary to use FileVault with your Setup, do you have a guide on this?

Thanks.

Hi @AudioGod.

First of all, I want to send my big thanks for you about the guide.

My setup now:

- Aorus Z390-I pro wifi

- i7 9700k

- Sapphia Nitro+ RX 580

With this setup, my mobo has wifi card powerred by Intel which not support so I replace it with Broadcom model (BCM94352Z), but I cant make wifi and bluetooth working on my hackintosh.

So can you help me with this?

Thanks!

On 1/17/2020 at 9:44 AM, saul2304 said:

Hi @AudioGod.

First of all, I want to send my big thanks for you about the guide.

My setup now:

- Aorus Z390-I pro wifi

- i7 9700k

- Sapphia Nitro+ RX 580

With this setup, my mobo has wifi card powerred by Intel which not support so I replace it with Broadcom model (BCM94352Z), but I cant make wifi and bluetooth working on my hackintosh.

So can you help me with this?

Thanks!

You need to get a wifi/bluetooth combo card that is compatible with Mac OS.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi...

Very nice and useful guide.

Had to change my mobo from Asus to the Z390 Aorus Ultra due a crash on the Asus.

I followed your guide and everything was good..

Except that I'm getting a boot failure on restart. After that (switching OFF and ON again on) but shows this KP message..

May be you can help to discover why?? Been fighting with this for the past 2 days....

Installation was clean and i9 9900K, Z390 Aorus Ultra, 64 gb mem, Radeon 64 8gb. boot on Nvme Samsung 970 pro 1tb.

Attached the kernel

thank you for your time and help

Marcelo

Screen Shot 2020-02-04 at 6.52.51 PM.png

Hi, thanks for your build . I am trying to activate TRIM. I did the command. My system is on a Corsair Force MP510. In my System Information / Sata, I didnt see it. There is only my Timemachine disk. Do you know why ? How can i know if my drive are Trim ready ?

Screenshot 2020-02-05 at 00.32.36.png

Edited by hansik

Hello,

Thank you very much for the guide.

Will the guide work with Catalina 10.15.3 and Bios 12d? Those are the last versions available in the app store and the thread for the efi folder

Thank you and forgive me if the question is {censored}, I am a total newbie.

:)

Edited by JanRocker
error in version of bios

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, I need help. Today I try update Mojave to Catalina. 
1. Download macos from appstore

2. Replaced my efi folder to  “HD630 Z390 Pro F12d EFI 140220.zip” from AudioGod guid topic.

3. Updated bios to f12d. 
After that instal Catalina, and see this login screen -> 

But keyboard and mouse don’t work. I cant login or finalize installation.

USB ports problems?

C6C71575-A261-41DA-A1D3-01DD72153318.jpeg

22 minutes ago, Olion said:

Hello, I need help. Today I try update Mojave to Catalina. 
1. Download macos from appstore

2. Replaced my efi folder to  “HD630 Z390 Pro F12d EFI 140220.zip” from AudioGod guid topic.

3. Updated bios to f12d. 
After that instal Catalina, and see this login screen -> 

But keyboard and mouse don’t work. I cant login or finalize installation.

USB ports problems?

C6C71575-A261-41DA-A1D3-01DD72153318.jpeg

Please complete your signature so @AudioGod or other users can help you.

What do you means by "Update bios to 12d"? Do you use @AudioGod profile or not.

I think @AudioGod will answer soon if you use Z390 Pro discussion topic.

Edited by Matgen84

Ok, I updated signature and duplicate question in both topics, but no answers :(

Bios F12d and EFI folder from @AudioGod theme (HD630). USB ports work before start system.

4 hours ago, Matgen84 said:

Please complete your signature so @AudioGod or other users can help you.

What do you means by "Update bios to 12d"? Do you use @AudioGod profile or not.

I think @AudioGod will answer soon if you use Z390 Pro discussion topic.

Edited by Olion

35 minutes ago, Olion said:

Ok, I updated signature and duplicate question in both topics, but no answers :(

Bios F12d and EFI folder from @AudioGod theme (HD630). USB pots work before start system.

Do you use @AudioGod Unlock CFG Bios F12d profile? it contains also all BIOS settings for Aorus pro.

On sunday, the users aren't really active so no answers :(

• 4 weeks later...

Does anyone know if this information and the files will work for the Aorus Ultra? I got the board and have found little on using it for a build. It has many of the same specs, however it not exactly the same. I have no intentions of using the wi-fi/bluetooth unit that came with it. I have purchased the Fenvi 1200M that has native support.

Or can someone point me to where I can find direction on the Catalina install for this board and any accompanying files? Any help would be appreciated!

Edited by Zanthros
additional information

• 2 weeks later...

Newer BIOS with the new interface issues, anyone else ?

I have the Aorus Ultra which is very similar to the Master in many ways, I was on Bios F8 (equivalent to F9 on Master)

and when I updated my BIOS, to F9 or F10 (equivalent to your F10 or F11 on Master)

macOS became a bit sluggish (not slow but choppy, cinebench score were normal, but boncing animation on the dock were not smooth, browser were a tiny bit slow to open and load pages), but worst part is sound would start crackeling and sometime stop completely (USB DAC) making this bios version completely unusable in macos,

Another small odd thing, Apple Watch unlock stopped working (it still worked for unlocking system pref screen and other stuff of the sort, but not login screen).

At first I thought it was OpenCore, as I had just switch from clover, but tested clover again and had the same issue, and when I downgraded to F8 (=F9 on Master), everything worked again.

Seems to be something out of sync, but couldn't figure out what. So I'm back to F8 which works perfectly well.

the one nice thing about the newer bios is that RGB lighting on the motherboard could be turned off completely.

Wondering if anyone noticed anything of the sort on the Master (or Ultra, doesn't seem very popular), or the Pro on F11, F12

Edited by Squirrelf

On 4/6/2020 at 4:42 AM, Squirrelf said:

Newer BIOS with the new interface issues, anyone else ?

I have the Aorus Ultra which is very similar to the Master in many ways, I was on Bios F8 (equivalent to F9 on Master)

and when I updated my BIOS, to F9 or F10 (equivalent to your F10 or F11 on Master)

macOS became a bit sluggish (not slow but choppy, cinebench score were normal, but boncing animation on the dock were not smooth, browser were a tiny bit slow to open and load pages), but worst part is sound would start crackeling and sometime stop completely (USB DAC) making this bios version completely unusable in macos,

Another small odd thing, Apple Watch unlock stopped working (it still worked for unlocking system pref screen and other stuff of the sort, but not login screen).

At first I thought it was OpenCore, as I had just switch from clover, but tested clover again and had the same issue, and when I downgraded to F8 (=F9 on Master), everything worked again.

Seems to be something out of sync, but couldn't figure out what. So I'm back to F8 which works perfectly well.

the one nice thing about the newer bios is that RGB lighting on the motherboard could be turned off completely.

Wondering if anyone noticed anything of the sort on the Master (or Ultra, doesn't seem very popular), or the Pro on F11, F12

Hi Squirrelf,

I'm running my Hackintosh on a Gigabyte Aorus Ultra as well (since 2 month - so I'm pretty new to this whole topic). Using Clover r5104 and Catalina 10.5.3. I have the same problem - Apple Watch unlock does not work. Everything else is fine for me (Airdrop, Sidecar, etc.). My BIOS is F10b. Happy to post more details if anybody can help.

Good day AG - Happy to report success in 'Hotplug' drives and correct colour Icons (orange - see pic - double click on image for clarity) for external drives in NDK OC achieved. Many thanks for the inspiration and encouragement, I know I've been a pain in the #### :lol: but couldn't do it without your guidance.

Screenshot 2020-04-08 at 09.27.40.png

• Like 1

Hi,

You said: 

IF USING CORSAIR H100i v2, OR IF YOU HAVE INSTANT WAKE FROM SLEEP PROBLEM 

THEN

ENABLE PATCH --> XPRW change Method(GPRW...

and download --> SSDT-GPRW.aml and place inside EFI/Clover/ACPI/Patched 

Will this work also on an Asus Z270 motherboard?

Thanks

Hi Guys, 

I've got a few problems with my Hackintosh:

Problem 1

My computer keeps waking up and after that it won't fall back to sleep. The fans keeps spinning.

Wake from Normal Sleep [CDNVA] : due to RTC/UserActivity Assertion Using AC (Charge:0%)

or 

Wake from Normal Sleep [CDNVA] : due to PEG1 PEGP PEG2 PEGP/Network Using AC (Charge:0%)           

What can I do to keep the computer sleeping and only waking up by moving/clicking mouse or pressing start button?

Problem 2:

When I dualboot and switch systems, I've got no problems with Windows 10 but MacOS gives me sometimes the prohibition sign. Sometimes is goes automatically but a lot of times I need to try 3-5-13 times before the apple loading screen starts. (I use ctrl + alt + delete to retry)

In some cases the only solution is to boot Windows again and then try again by restarting.

Is there a way to make this work perfect everytime?

Problem 3:

Airdrop on Hackintosh can send files to a Iphone and Macbook Pro but can't receive files from an Iphone. The Hackintosh is visible on the IPhone but it saying waiting ("wachten") when i try to send a file. The Macbook Pro is able to send and receive files from the Hackintosh.

Can this be fixed?

My system:

Gigabyte Z390 AURUS MASTER

INTEL COR I9-9900K

SAPPHIRE NITRO+ RX 5700

Fenvi fv-t919

Macos: 10.15.4n RX 5700 XT Gaming OC 8G

Thank you, 

Aimé

92517308_152835122799227_6237587708424749056_n.jpg

91940813_698882344189385_9164818915212132352_n.jpg

93628180_2586953841585433_6589314112281378816_n.jpg

Hi there, I was just wondering if you could confirm with me which EFI I should be using if I want to use the iGPU with the 9700k as I don't have a compatible GPU at the moment, only an RTX. I understand that I will have to disable this in the boot arguments etc when installing Catalina.

thanks