Glasgood's macOS Catalina [INSTALL GUIDE] Aorus Z390 Pro & Z390 Master

glasgood

94 posts in this topic

Have any of you guys had any issues with losing the ability to go into bios settings? 
I'm using an msi 5500xt and if I make the wrong tweak in bios, I'll lose graphics in my bootloader and pressing delete to go into bios wont do anything before clover boots in. From my (mostly working, no audio) install of catalina, I changed the bios to X.M.P. profile 1 and turned on CSP (I used the bios profile from AudioGod's post so it should be enabled)

Clover & OpenCore EFI Updates (10.15.5 Ready), 4th MAY 2020 

(Use With Bios Revision F12d)

The EFIs and DSDTs have now been updated to the my latest versions.

Changes made include,

AppleALC 1.4.9

Lilu 1.4.4

WhateverGreen 1.3.9

VirtualSMC 1.1.3

AirportBrcmFixup 2.0.7

OcQuirks Revision 22 (I have made some changes to the plist that should make it play a lot more friendly now with the IGPU enabled) (Clover)

Clover Updated to Revision 5115

OpenCore Updated to Revision 0.5.8

Plus other major tweaks and changes to all of the configs

Gigabyte Z390 Pro/Pro WiFi

Clover EFI Update - 04/05/2020 - Use with Bios revision F12d Only or Replace with the older F11 DSDT if you don't want to update the bios

Clover Z390 Pro Navi Vega EFI 040520.zip - Vega, Navi (5700, 5700XT etc), Radeon VII DSDT EFI

Clover Z390 Pro Polaris EFI 040520.zip - RX500 Polaris Series (RX590, 580, 570 etc) DSDT EFI

Gigabyte Z390 Master

Clover EFI Update v5115 - 04/05/2020 - Use with Bios revision F11c Only or Replace with the older F10 DSDT if you don't want to update the bios

Clover Z390 Master Navi Vega EFI 040520.zip - Vega, Navi (5700, 5700XT etc), Radeon VII DSDT EFI

Clover Z390 Master Polaris EFI 040520.zip - RX500 Polaris Series (RX590, 580, 570 etc) DSDT EFI

Please Note - I have now set KernelPM to No as standard so if you don’t have a unlocked MSR or not using my MSR Unlocked Bios Profile then go into the Clover Config.plist and set KernelPM to Yes or you won’t be able to boot up. An even better fix would be to unlock your MSR using my profile method.

Note - If your not using a 5700 XT or any other Navi GPU then remove agdpmod=pikera from the boot arguments.

Gigabyte Z390 Pro/Pro WiFi 

OpenCore EFI Update - 04/05/2020

Myself and @texem have now created a OpenCore EFI done the way the OpenCore Devs intended it to be made, There is no DSDT in use so you can use this EFI on any supported GPU and the SSDTs have been made so they will not be used in any other Operating System apart from MacOS.

OpenCore 058 Z390 Pro 19,1 040520.zip  - OpenCore v0.5.8, SMBios iMac19,1

OpenCore 058 Z390 Pro 1,1 040520.zip  - OpenCore v0.5.8, SMBios iMacPro1,1 (IGPU Disabled)

Gigabyte Z390 Master

OpenCore EFI Update v0.5.8 - 04/05/2020

OpenCore 058 Z390 Master 19,1 040520.zip - OpenCore v0.5.8, SMBios iMac19,1

OpenCore 058 Z390 Master 1,1 040520.zip - OpenCore v0.5.8, SMBios iMacPro1,1 (IGPU Disabled)

Note - If your not using a 5700 XT or any other Navi GPU then remove agdpmod=pikera from the boot arguments.

For OpenCore Using PlistEdit Pro add your details by modifying the following 

453128831_Screenshot2020-01-16at19_25_01.thumb.png.7a9beac3ccc0096941fc4a0ec07b8248.png

PLEASE NOTE - These EFIs are setup to be used with your msr Unlocked so make sure you use the F12d Unlocked Profile but if for any reason you can not unlock MSR then just modify following in the OpenCore config.plist :

249434888_Screenshot2020-01-16at19_26_02.thumb.png.948834bc41d84df577e126ae92c9d773.png

Additional Downloads

mb_bios_z390-aorus-pro_f12d.zip - Aorus Z390 Master Bios F12d 

PlistEdit Pro.zip - PlistEdit Pro (use to edit OpenCore)

CFG Unlock (MSR) F12d (F12c Pro WIFI) BIOS Profile - The Easy Way 

I have made this bios profile for you all to use that will unlock CFG on your motherboard making it play alot more friendly with the NVRam.

It also has all the bios settings listed on this guide pre done and saved onto the profile.

F12d_UNLOCK.zip - Use with Z390 Pro Bios Revision F12d ONLY

F12c Unlock.zip - Use with Z390 Pro WIFI Bios Revision F12c ONLY

F11c MSR Unlocked Profile.zip - Use with Z390 Master Bios Revision F11c ONLY

1 - Download the profile and save it to a USB Key

2 - Go into the bios,

3 - Load the profile, 

4 - Save and exit

5 - Go straight back into the bios and save your bios to a new profile and name it Default CFG Unlocked or something like that.

6 - Boot back into Catalina go into your clover config and under Kernal and Kext Patches Uncheck KernalPM 

7 - Save the changes and then restart and your done, your motherboard will now be CFG (MSR) Unlocked

PLEASE NOTE - If you reset the bios or load bios defaults it will clear the Unlock making CFG Locked again. 

Default USB Setup For All OpenCore EFIs

AorusZ390Port.png.227503cb405ad08ef4638c287e9ca7f5.png

NZXTportsSSDT.jpg.bb1a6538809c461c36deb3225f51d6c8.jpg

1021096465_AorusZ370ProMainboardcopy.png.829d3646ffaf314ac98b9af695cbf382.png

Edited by AudioGod

On 5/4/2020 at 7:29 AM, kevbo said:

Have any of you guys had any issues with losing the ability to go into bios settings? 
I'm using an msi 5500xt and if I make the wrong tweak in bios, I'll lose graphics in my bootloader and pressing delete to go into bios wont do anything before clover boots in. From my (mostly working, no audio) install of catalina, I changed the bios to X.M.P. profile 1 and turned on CSP (I used the bios profile from AudioGod's post so it should be enabled)

And I just wanted to ask the same question, I found the issue though.

RX5700XT with Bios F11c

If you Enable Above 4G Decoding this will happen. You need to clear CMOS I think to get back into the BIOS.

@AudioGod

Can you use the PRO Bios with the MASTER one? I don't think though or?

4 minutes ago, dredhorse said:

And I just wanted to ask the same question, I found the issue though.

RX5700XT with Bios F11c

If you Enable Above 4G Decoding this will happen. You need to clear CMOS I think to get back into the BIOS.

@AudioGod

Can you use the PRO Bios with the MASTER one? I don't think though or?

No,

I have separate threads for the master and the pro with all the correct firmwares and files on there. (They are also all listed and marked as too whats for what in the notice a few posts back)

Edited by AudioGod
  • Like 1

Hi @AudioGod, first of all many thanks to all the effort.

I have run into some problems with my previous setup and I decided to update my hackintosh with a new board and cpu and I made my choice based on yours  and @glasgood guides.

While I wait for the order to be delivered, and as I read the materials more carefully I have a question regarding the bios F12d and the MSR unlock.

My understanding is that the is a mb_bios_z390-aorus-pro_f12d.zip customized bios you prepared. Would I still need to do the MSR unlock afterwards or does it come unlocked already?

Because when I download the F12d_UNLOCK.zip all I get is a 9kb binary file (F12d_UNLOCK) that doesn't look like a bios profile, and I really don't understand how does it connect with the rest of the guide.

I'm confusing flashing the bios with loading a bios profile?

thanks!

Edited by akma

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Firstly - THANKS HEAPS for the guide.  pretty straight forward.  I have the Z390 Aorus Pro Wifi and have added your "recommended card 1" WIFI and BT into the mix.  Bluetooth works a charm (although maybe there is intermittant drop out?)  !  Initially wifi was off and wouldn't turn on .  a reboot seemed to cure this as I had fully functioning wifi for a while - but then it dropped out and back to being unable to turn it on.  I'm suspecting that there is perhaps a clash with the Motherboard wifi but this only a guess.

Anyone had success in "disabling" the MB wifi if I'm right or any other possible solutions 

Thanks

StuW

Edited by StuW

Hi @Glasgood @Audiogod.

Thank you for your efforts guys.  This is a really easy to follow guide.

Firstly, I'm having some boot problems, when I start to run the installer I get a kernel panic after a few seconds and the system restarts.  Any ideas?

Verbose output attached.

Auros Pro (f12d)

2x16 Corsair RAM

i7 9700k

RX580

Fenvi wifi/bluetooth

The system previously ran Mojave, then Catalina for a while.  I made the mistake of trying to fix the non-working audio card without doing enough research and I messed it all up.

Second.  I have an XFX RX580.  Can you tell me what the problem is with these?  I had it working perfectly well previously.

Thanks

IMG_2652.thumb.jpg.4f0aa6a84367cae2e78f2fb6fe49174b.jpg

IMG_2651.thumb.jpg.9c9338499a7e8c655e08f01f9de23051.jpg

Edited by CRM297

On 10/16/2019 at 4:32 PM, glasgood said:

FOR THE LATEST EFI AND DISCUSSION FOR THE AORUS PRO Z390 VISIT @AudioGod 's  ===> Aorus Z390 Pro Patched DSDT Mini Guide and Discussion

Hi i followed dortania guide and yours, but where can i get ssdt-plug patched for Z390 Aorus pro Wifi?? because im getting freezes from time to time

Thanks a lot for your time

have  nice year

SSDT-PLUG.aml

opencore-2020-06-24-231405.txt

Edited by MrPaulfpv

7 hours ago, MrPaulfpv said:

Hi i followed dortania guide and yours, but where can i get ssdt-plug patched for Z390 Aorus pro Wifi?? because im getting freezes from time to time

Thanks a lot for your time

have  nice year

SSDT-PLUG.aml

opencore-2020-06-24-231405.txt

Hi 

FOR THE LATEST EFI AND DISCUSSION FOR THE AORUS PRO Z390 VISIT @AudioGod  Thread as @glasgood said ----->>> 

bonjour

Pouvez vous m aider je recherche un efi  car je nai pas la wifi sur le pc sa fonctionne pas le reste fonctionne que peut ton faire merci

carte mère: 
z390 aorus pro wifi  intel z390 socket 1151 rev.1.0 support 8th gen intel core processeurs 4 ddr4 2- ch/pci_ex 16/ atx usb3 .1 gbe lan/m.2 socket 3 type-c/7.1 ch hd audio marque gygabyte

carte graphique:
Gygabyte aorus RX 5700 XT 8g

watercooling:
aorus liquid cooler 360

alimentation:
rm850x marque corsair 

disque dur:
saegate barracuda 1to il y en a 2 

disque dur ssd:
M2 gygabyte disque SSD interne aorus rgb-512 go pci express gp-asacne2512gttdr

memore ram:
T-force delta rgb blanc 4x8go 3000 mhz cas16 

processeur:
intel core i7-9700kf 3.6 ghz

Ecran aorus ad27 qd adaptive sync il en a 2

ventilateur:
aerocool rgb 120 mm il en a 2

boitier:
corsair carbide spec-06 rgb tempered glass blanc

clavier:
corsair gaming k55 rgb

souris:
corsair sarbe rgb

Voila donc dite moi se que je dois faire. jai besoin de sa merci 

40 minutes ago, ruaux said:
bonjour

Pouvez vous m aider je recherche un efi  car je nai pas la wifi sur le pc sa fonctionne pas le reste fonctionne que peut ton faire merci

Hi @ruaux

Tu es sur un forum essentiellement anglophone, il faut donc t'exprimer en anglais si tu as besoin d'aide. Pour ta config, je te mets le lien vers un sous forum pour z390 aorus pro. Tu auras la marche à suivre.

hello I have a problem with a kext wifi driver I have the motherboard z390 aorus pro wifi can see you for m sent this configuration efi for clover bootloader thank you awaiting your response

• 2 months later...

To rule out potential problems from the go,

only have the disc that you plan to install macOS Catalina connected to the Aorus Pro, disconnect any other Windows / Linux or data drives, external drives from your Aorus Pro. Windows / Linux and data drives can be connected after successful installation of macOS Catalina

If you have more than 16 GB of memory, then first install macOS Catalina with only 16GB or RAM installed, you can later add any additional memory. Install memory modules in slots DDR4_A1  and DDR4_B1

Guys is this absolutely necessary or should i be able to do it without disconnecting stuff ? 

1 hour ago, hipperion said:

Guys is this absolutely necessary or should i be able to do it without disconnecting stuff ? 

No it is not absolutely necessary, it is just an advisory note to avoid any mixup if you also have another disk containing another operating system (dual booting) or a storage disk, but if you're careful and know what you're doing then by all means carry on.

• Thanks 1

On 12/31/2019 at 8:05 AM, putzfraumann said:

My man, my man, my man,

this is the tutorial i needed and looked for. It simply works.

My specs are:

• Case: NZXT H510
  • CPU: i7-9700K
  • GPU: Gigabyte RX 5700 XT Gaming OC
  • MB: Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro WIFI
  • SSD: 2x Samsung MZ-76E1T0B/EU 860 EVO 1 TB. One for Win10Pro, One for HackOS
  • CPU-Fan: Noctua DH-15
  • WIFI + Bluetooth-Card: Diyeeni Network Card 2.4 & 5G Dual-Frequenz 1750 Mbit/s High-Speed-Wireless-Netzwerkkarte, BCM943602CS + Bluetooth 4.1 (YES, Plug and Play works with this one)
  • RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport LT BLS2K16G4D26BFSC Desktop Gaming Kit (2666 MHz, DDR4, DRAM, 32GB (16GB x2), CL16)
  • Power: Corsair RM650x 80 Plus Gold, 650 Watt, EU

iMessage, FaceTime, Bluetooth, WIFI and Sound work perfectly.

The only thing i had to check was Post-Installation EFI, the first time i picked wrong. But now... brilliant and smooth.

Thank you brother for help. Merci. Gracias!

My specs are:

• Case: NZXT H510
  • CPU: i7-9700K
  •   Not Yet       GPU: Gigabyte RX 5700 XT Gaming OC
  • MB: Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro WIFI
  • SSD: 2x Samsung MZ-76E1T0B/EU 860 EVO 1 TB. 
  • CPU-Fan: Noctua DH-15
  • WIFI + Bluetooth-Card: BCM943602CS + Bluetooth 4.1 (YES, Plug and Play works with this one)
  • RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport LT BLS2K16G4D26BFSC Desktop Gaming Kit (2666 MHz, DDR4, DRAM, 32GB (16GB x2), CL16)
  • Power: Corsair RM650x 80 Plus Gold, 650 Watt, EU

That's is my equipment and I've been beating my head against the wall for almost 2 weeks

Is there any advise you can offer. Maybe your EFI? I've got an installation of Catalina but it is slower than my 2011 Hackintosh and glitchy. I tried to put the 5700 XT in but couldn't get it to work.

I just made a USB Bootloader following Glasgood's directions and plugging in AudioGod's EFI. Couldn't get it to boot. MOBO is flashed to F12c (not F12d since that's the highest Gigabyte shows and I was unable to get it to work with the F12d on AudioGod's page.

Edited by jeffbellamy
messed up

On 7/8/2020 at 7:03 AM, ruaux said:

hello I have a problem with a kext wifi driver I have the motherboard z390 aorus pro wifi can see you for m sent this configuration efi for clover bootloader thank you awaiting your response

Do you have a Wifi card as the Wifi on board isn't functional?

• Like 1