Glasgood's macOS Catalina [INSTALL GUIDE] Aorus Z390 Pro & Z390 Master

glasgood

94 posts in this topic

Works!! Thanks a lot!

I was another problem when I was trying install Catalina, a message said "This copy of the Install macOS Catalina.app application is damaged and can't be used to install macOS." I solved following this instruction (from terminal app of installer). I let the solution just in case there are more people with this problem.

Edited by microsoftFTW
  • Like 1

Just now, microsoftFTW said:

Works!! Thanks a lot!

I was another problem when I was trying install Catalina, a message said "This copy of the Install macOS Catalina.app application is damaged and can't be used to install macOS." I solved following this instruction (from terminal app of installer). I let the solution just in case there are more people with this problem.

Im glad it’s all working for you,

Enjoy Buddy. :thumbsup_anim:

On 12/24/2019 at 10:31 AM, AudioGod said:

Ok welll that means something else is causing the system to wake as all you need to do too fix the aio problem is what I said and that should 100% resolve it.

in that case remove all your usb devices and try sleep again and then if it works reconnect a device at a time until you find the problem device.

Except a mouse and the Fenvi fv-t919 (wifi + bt) which requires a usb connection (+ pci) I don't have anything else.

Is there a way from the logs to see which device or which port wakes the pc ?

I use this command: pmset -g log | grep -e "Wake.*due to "

But the only information I have is "Wake from Normal Sleep [CDNVA] : due to XHC/ Using AC (Charge:0%)"

Thanks

45 minutes ago, leclercb2 said:

Except a mouse and the Fenvi fv-t919 (wifi + bt) which requires a usb connection (+ pci) I don't have anything else.

Is there a way from the logs to see which device or which port wakes the pc ?

I use this command: pmset -g log | grep -e "Wake.*due to "

But the only information I have is "Wake from Normal Sleep [CDNVA] : due to XHC/ Using AC (Charge:0%)"

Thanks

As a test try removing the usb connection to The Bluetooth. Something is causing it on the usb chain so your error says.

My man, my man, my man,

this is the tutorial i needed and looked for. It simply works.

My specs are:

• Case: NZXT H510
  • CPU: i7-9700K
  • GPU: Gigabyte RX 5700 XT Gaming OC
  • MB: Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro WIFI
  • SSD: 2x Samsung MZ-76E1T0B/EU 860 EVO 1 TB. One for Win10Pro, One for HackOS
  • CPU-Fan: Noctua DH-15
  • WIFI + Bluetooth-Card: Diyeeni Network Card 2.4 & 5G Dual-Frequenz 1750 Mbit/s High-Speed-Wireless-Netzwerkkarte, BCM943602CS + Bluetooth 4.1 (YES, Plug and Play works with this one)
  • RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport LT BLS2K16G4D26BFSC Desktop Gaming Kit (2666 MHz, DDR4, DRAM, 32GB (16GB x2), CL16)
  • Power: Corsair RM650x 80 Plus Gold, 650 Watt, EU

iMessage, FaceTime, Bluetooth, WIFI and Sound work perfectly.

The only thing i had to check was Post-Installation EFI, the first time i picked wrong. But now... brilliant and smooth.

Thank you brother for help. Merci. Gracias!

Bildschirmfoto 2019-12-31 um 17.03.03.png

• Like 2

7 hours ago, AudioGod said:

NEW Aorus Z390 Master Clover EFI UPDATE 3rd January 2020

The EFI has now been updated to the my latest version.

Changes made include,

OcQuirks & FwRuntimeServices Latest Revisions

MemoryAllocation.efi now added to the UEFI driver folder to fix failure to boot because of memory allocation failures at start up 

Whatevergreen 1.3.6 latest Beta

Clover Updated too Revision 5102

Plus other minor tweaks to the clover config

EFI Update - 03/01/2020 - Use with Bios revision F10 Only

Aorus Z390 Master Vega Navi EFI.zip - Vega, Navi (5700, 5700XT), Radeon VII DSDT EFI

Aorus Z390 Master RX Polaris EFI.zip - RX5XX Polaris DSDT EFI

If you are having trouble to boot up using smbios 19,1 with iGPU enabled then make the following change to the bios

Settings -> IO Ports -> DVMT Total GFX0-Allocated -> 512M

You will need to reset the bios by Removing the power cable and then pulling the battery on the motherboard for a few minutes to totally clear the nvram before loading into Catalina with the new EFI for the first time.

Use the unlocked MSR Bios profile if you can and untick kernelPM in the clover config if you do use it and then make the following changes to the bios, 

If you prefer using SMBios 1,1 then by all means switch to it but all the old problems of using 19,1 are corrected now with this EFI plus DRM is fully working unless you have a  Polaris gpu. Just to add, SMBios 19,1 is the correct one to be using for our chipset and cpu, if you check the spec of a real macpro it is not a using a CoffeeLake CPU or Z3xx chipset. It does work perfectlyl but correct is correct so 19,1 it is. :)

Alternative EFI - N-D-K Fork of OpenCore 31st December 2019 Use with Bios revision F10 Only

Big Thanks to @texem for hes countless hours of hard work and help to bring a fully working version of OpenCore for you all to try.

We have chosen to use N-D-K's Fork of OpenCore as it works happily alongside windows and has a lot of features and changes that I wish were in the original version of OpenCore,

Support on this thread for these EFIs won't be great but @texem and myself will help out where we can. 

PLEASE NOTE - All bios settings and guide notes are the same for these EFI's apart from I've set it to smbios 1,1 so your also need to set your IGPU to disabled in the bios but your welcome to try and use smbios 19,1 with IGPU enabled instead and if it works for you then please do report back and let me know.

OpenCore Fork Z390 MASTER Navi Vega.zip - Vega 56/64 Navi (5700/5700XT) & Radeon VII DSDT

OpenCore Fork Z390 MASTER Polaris.zip - RX Polaris Series DSDT

Thanks for your great job :thumbsup_anim: 

I will test ASAP both EFI folder with SMBIOS Imac19,1. But I think all works fine as usual.

• Like 1

On 1/3/2020 at 11:23 PM, AudioGod said:

NEW Aorus Z390 Pro Clover EFI UPDATE 3rd January 2020

The EFI has now been updated to the my latest version.

Changes made include,

OcQuirks & FwRuntimeServices Latest Revisions

MemoryAllocation.efi now added to the UEFI driver folder to fix failure to boot due to memory allocation failure at start up 

Whatevergreen 1.3.6 latest Beta

Clover Updated too Revision 5102

Plus other minor tweaks to the clover config

Thank you very much for the awesome guide!

I was completed the installation in my Z390 I Aorus pro wifi but I have the problem of the sleep, when I put on sleep the computer fall and restart, if I try to shutdown restart again, and I can´t select XPRW change Method in clover, how can I search this option?

Hello and great work getting all stuff together, but I need some help.

Me SLEEP is not working - dark screen - after a minute PC shuts down and at awake it crashes to restart and apple error about your device was improperly rebooted or something like that. Any idea where is an issue?

I followed your BIOS settings and proper EFI, but I haven't unlocked CFG/MSR bios.

Do I need to unlock and how does it helps anyway?

Here is my settings:

Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master (BIOS F10) - i7 9700K - 32Go RAM 4100Mhz Team

Catalina - PCI1-GTX780 - 970 EVO Plus NVMW 256Gb

Win10 - PCI2-2080Ti Strix - 970 Evo Plus 1tb

Custom water-cool loop

PG348Q 34'' Display

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, LVNona said:

Hello and great work getting all stuff together, but I need some help.

Me SLEEP is not working - dark screen - after a minute PC shuts down and at awake it crashes to restart and apple error about your device was improperly rebooted or something like that. Any idea where is an issue?

I followed your BIOS settings and proper EFI, but I haven't unlocked CFG/MSR bios.

Do I need to unlock and how does it helps anyway?

Here is my settings:

Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master (BIOS F10) - i7 9700K - 32Go RAM 4100Mhz Team

Catalina - PCI1-GTX780 - 970 EVO Plus NVMW 256Gb

Win10 - PCI2-2080Ti Strix - 970 Evo Plus 1tb

Custom water-cool loop

PG348Q 34'' Display

I got same problem, but i cant find the option inside the clover config. I have another ml240 liquid fan.

2 hours ago, c1ru said:

Thank you very much for the awesome guide!

I was completed the installation in my Z390 I Aorus pro wifi but I have the problem of the sleep, when I put on sleep the computer fall and restart, if I try to shutdown restart again, and I can´t select XPRW change Method in clover, how can I search this option?

@c1ru Download these files and replace the ones in the UEFI driver folder in clover with these and tell me if it fixes it for you pal. 

OcQuirks R12.zip

Just in case question? Have you changed the USB config of my EFI by any chance?

if you have then try again without adding any usb patching As the ssdt and dsdt are patched to give you full native USB with no port limits so no extra usb kexts or patching is needed.

Edited by AudioGod
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, AudioGod said:

@c1ru Download these files and replace the ones in the UEFI driver folder in clover with these and tell me if it fixes it for you pal. 

OcQuirks R12.zip

Just in case question? Have you changed the USB config of my EFI by any chance?

if you have then try again without adding any usb patching As the ssdt and dsdt are patched to give you full native USB with no port limits so no extra usb kexts or patching is needed.

Yes, i have modify my usbmap with hackintool.

Should i replace back our efi again if do not work this?

And wich is the latest folder of efi i have to use? latest in this page?

Checking my bios is v7, and latest in Gyga is F8c

https://www.gigabyte.com/latam/Motherboard/Z390-I-AORUS-PRO-WIFI-rev-10/support#support-dl-bios

Should i use this efi really:

https://www.insanelymac.com/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=340214

My grpahic is Radeon RX 580  and intel 9 9900

Edited by c1ru

16 minutes ago, c1ru said:

Yes, i have modify my usbmap with hackintool.

Should i replace back our efi again if do not work this?

And wich is the latest folder of efi i have to use? latest in this page?

Checking my bios is v7, and latest in Gyga is F8c

https://www.gigabyte.com/latam/Motherboard/Z390-I-AORUS-PRO-WIFI-rev-10/support#support-dl-bios

Should i use this efi really:

https://www.insanelymac.com/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=340214

My grpahic is Radeon RX 580  and intel 9 9900

use this EFI but make no changes to it other then adding your details and if need be change the smbios to whatever one your using. This one is setup for smbios 19,1 with igpu enabled in the bios.

Aorus Z390 Master RX Polaris EFI.zip - RX5XX Polaris DSDT EFI

don’t add any kexts or usb patches just use my EFI vanilla buddy. Also replace the files OCQuirks and runtimeservices files with the ones I sent you as it’s a fix I need to make.

Edited by AudioGod
  • Thanks 1

@c1ru sorry buddy I sent you the wrong EFI, 

use this one instead

19,1 Aorus Z390 Pro RX Polaris EFI.zip - RX5XX Polaris DSDT EFI

The one I sent you the first time was for the z390 Master and this one now is for the Z390 Pro.

sorry dude i read somebody else’s spec and thought it was yours..ops 

Edited by AudioGod
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, AudioGod said:

@c1ru sorry buddy I sent you the wrong EFI, 

use this one instead

19,1 Aorus Z390 Pro RX Polaris EFI.zip - RX5XX Polaris DSDT EFI

The one I sent you the first time was for the z390 Master and this one now is for the Z390 Pro.

sorry dude i read somebody else’s spec and thought it was yours..ops 

I haven’t do it right now

but my mobo is Z390 I Aorus pro wifi, that will be fine with your efi ?

well I have my usb installer to boot if isn’t working, it’s possible to replace and get the old one if isn’t working really ?

i have Edited last time the Kexts inside other folder because I don’t need something like atheros and the system takes near one minute to get the desktop

and the last step I have to do :

Also replace the files OCQuirks and runtimeservices files with the ones I sent you as it’s a fix I need to make.

ok?

Edited by c1ru

1 minute ago, c1ru said:

I haven’t do it right now

but my mobo is Z390 I Aorus pro wifi, that will be fine with your efi ?

well I have my usb installer to boot if isn’t working, it’s possible to replace and get the old one if isn’t working really ?

Pro WiFi is fine bud. Go for it :thumbsup_anim:

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, AudioGod said:

Pro WiFi is fine bud. Go for it :thumbsup_anim:

This step is required also?

You will need to reset the bios by Removing the power cable and then pulling the battery on the motherboard for a few minutes to totally clear the nvram before loading into Catalina with the new EFI for the first time.

This motherboard does not have battery

Edited by c1ru

5 minutes ago, c1ru said:

This step is required also?

This motherboard does not have battery

Sure it does, 

all motherboards do and the pro WiFi is no different. Your find it just below the second or third pcie slot.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, AudioGod said:

Sure it does, 

all motherboards do and the pro WiFi is no different. Your find it just below the second or third pcie slot.

Omg I have found the battery but I need to un assembly all to remove the battery, I will try it tomorrow thanks for supper again! 
Right now I have boot for testing and is working fine

Down the plate is the battery Y_Y

image.jpg

I have put the computer to sleep and works!!!! Omg!! Thank you very much totally success with this mobo!!

Also i can wake up with the keyboard connected by bluetooth belkin adapter, but after waykup i have to replug the adapter to get keyboard working, well is a bit rare, tomorrow i will work on that.

Edited by c1ru

No, mine is Z390 I Aorus pro wifi mini itx and the battery is in vertical near the Ethernet and usb3 ports

i know what is the battery thx 

look at picture is down the plate

66F9FA3D-B825-459A-BFFD-9CA6BF6D5615.jpeg

Edited by c1ru
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, c1ru said:

No, mine is Z390 I Aorus pro wifi mini itx and the battery is in vertical near the Ethernet and usb3 ports

i know what is the battery thx 

Ahhh you have the mini, I didn’t realise sorry then yes your spot on in that case.

if this EFI doesn’t work for you then the differences between the standard and mini must be greater then just the name and size making my dsdt and ssdt no good and it would also explain why your having issues like you are with glasgoods EFI’s.

if that is the case then il point you to the man to make you a new DSDT for your little pro itx board. :)

let’s see what happens with my EFI first of all and we shall go from there.

I'm fascinated to know if it will work for you and your board. :thumbsup_anim:

let me know how you get on tomorrow and report back on my main thread so we don’t spam up poor old glasgoods thread. LoL 

Edited by AudioGod
  • Like 1