AudioGod's Aorus Z390 Pro Patched DSDT Mini Guide and Discussion

AudioGod
5,904 posts in this topic

At this time, i think ur USB controller is not mapped correctly...i can give u a USB map kext for test...but i don't know ur case's USB...so, i can only try to see if usb work on motherboard side... Wifi is another thing....need extra kext and oclp (if you have broadcom base..like BCM94360xx)

Think ur SATA card is simply and asmedia controller...strange u don't see it...

4 hours ago, D3v1L said:

try this, replace yours...maybe some ports in ur case's won't work 

USBMap.kext.zip 2.24 kB · 0 downloads

I pulled out wifi and sata card to eliminate them. It's funny that USB devices work like keyboard and mouse, but not usb drives. I'll play with my mapping and also se if yours makes a difference. Again, thanx for your help and input

• 2 weeks later...

ok at least now my USB ports are mapped correctly

still external usb drives are not mounting in finder or showing in Disk Utility (Sonoma & Ventura), but showing in IOREG, Hacktool etc.  Pulled all my USB headers out.

going to play again with SYMBIOS and see if that makes a difference, but it may come down to the Catalina NVME running Clover that is messing with stuff somehow

going to change my Ventura to a Monterey install as soon as I can work out why the USB installer isn't seeing ANY drives on my hack

On 3/5/2024 at 6:28 PM, miliuco said:

@Blesh

Are you using IOSkywalkFamily 1.1.0 and OCLP beta 1.4.0?

https://github.com/dortania/OpenCore-Legacy-Patcher/tree/main/payloads/Kexts/Wifi

https://github.com/dortania/OpenCore-Legacy-Patcher/actions/runs/7979420107

(Artifacts >> OpenCore-Patcher.app (GUI))

This advice solved my 14.4 wifi and slow boot issues.

Thanks Miliuco

regards

saCULar

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

So, I thought stuff it.  Popped a new NVME drive in, now everything works fine.  The old NVME drive with CLover, must have been interferring with O[penCore somehow, even thoug it wasn't used to boot.

Update, the majority of stuff is working fine.  I bought some 10gb usb hubs to increase my USB port numbers.

Getting a pop-up unrecognised disk message on start-up and I think it's related to my windows disk.  I just eject it and there doesn't seem to be any issues.

Also apple mail app is requiring me to sign in to google every time I want to check my email, I've changed some settings to see if it helps

I've removed the thunderbolt card and going to use it in a Windows only build, esata card is working and I'm on ethenet so not really worrying about the wifi card at the moment

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, pkdesign said:

Updated to OC v1! No issue so far, simple upgrade.

Because there is no changes for systems newer than 10.6.

• Thanks 1

Hi, I could use some help again.

I already tried updating the EFI to latest OC but booting macOS Ventura 13.4 hangs in that case.

Would like to upgrade to lates macOS.

I have attached a cleaned EFI which is working well atm. I gutted it down a bit, if I did gut it down to much let me know, i can also post a dropbox link.

Perhaps somebody could take a look.

Thanks a lot in advance

Don

2024-05-14 EFI - Snowwhite Prep.zip

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, dredhorse said:

Thanks a lot in advance

Hi - I have taken a look at your EFI Folder and found all within including OC version needs updating (see included pics).

I don't know if this is the cause of the problem you're having but I have Updated all for you within the attached revised EFI Folder for you to try.

Good luck.

Screenshot 2024-05-14 at 11.32.58.png

Screenshot 2024-05-14 at 11.34.04.png

2024-05-14 EFI - Snowwhite Prep.zip

Edited by eSaF
include EFI Folder
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)

Hey guys,

I’ve got a strange issue which seems to happen on Ventura but not on Sonoma, I’m not able to stay on Sonoma as it gives me all sorts of issues with music software, whether that’s due to OCLP or not I don’t know - but I may have to bite the bullet and go back if I can't resolve this.

Anyway….

On Sonoma - no issues.

1. On ventura - most times when starting up I have no Bluetooth or usb at the login screen, works fine at the boot picker page but nothing once the OS starts.

I have to hold the power button to restart, then it all appears to work on booting up?

2. I have no wifi at all since downgrading from Sonoma and restoring a time machine backup - this might be due to patches applied for OCLP that I need to revert?

Wifi adaptor is seen but just fails to connect to my wifi,  I've got it set to DHCP but tried manual IP too, nothing has been changed on my network.

My EFI folder hasn't changed, everything is up to date as far as Opencore, kexts etc.

I formatted my SSD with Sonoma on, installed Ventura from a new USB installer and restored my applications and files from migration assistant.

Any ideas?

Edit, Fixed wifi (silly error on my part, hadn't disabled the Kexts for Sonoma wifi to work) 

EFI added, removed resource folder to keep under the 10MB allowed and removed serial etc.

Edited by rob1980

Posted (edited)

Hello guys,

I'm on macOS Sonoma 14.0 and I have a strange problem where my computer seems to completely freeze out of the blue sometimes, even when I'm doing minimal tasks. If I press the button to shut it down the prompt appears but there is no way to select anything.

Last time I updated my EFI was through OCAT last October and it only started appearing after then, but I never noticed cause I didn't use it as a daily driver like I do now.

Anybody else have this issue and found a solution?

Download the EFI here (18MB)

Edited by unknownharris
Added Google drive link for EFI.zip (18MB)

4 minutes ago, MaLd0n said:

Use this EFI folder and generate ur serials. Stay with MacPro7,1 smbios.

EFI AudioGod Topic OC 1.0.1.zip

Generate USB kext with USB Tool Box. 

https://github.com/USBToolBox/tool/releases/tag/0.1.1

I generated the USB kext by selecting Discover Ports, Select ALL and then Build UTBMap.kext (don't know if that is the correct way)

I just put it on the Kexts folder and replace my current EFI folder with this one? 

1 minute ago, unknownharris said:

I generated the USB kext by selecting Discover Ports, Select ALL and then Build UTBMap.kext (don't know if that is the correct way)

KEYS Order

-Press D key
-Press B key
-Press S key
-Press A key
-Press K key

Use UTBMap with USBToolBox USBToolBox.kext.zip

Remove USBInjectAll and XHCI-unsupported

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MaLd0n said:

KEYS Order

-Press D key
-Press B key
-Press S key
-Press A key
-Press K key

Use UTBMap with USBToolBox USBToolBox.kext.zip

Remove USBInjectAll and XHCI-unsupported

Alright, I wanna try see if it will boot from the USB to test this new EFI and not break my configuration.

I formatted my USB drive to FAT-32 with GUID, mounted its EFI partition and copied the EFI folder inside.

But when I try to boot from it (USB drive) on startup it doesn't even show up, what's wrong?

Just follow procedure

-Delete old EFI folder and paste new. Don't use merge files
-Don't use Drag and Drop into EFI partition. Use Copy/Paste instead
-Reset NVRAM one time - with OpenCore use entry "Reset Nvram" / with Clover use F11 key on boot screen

Use one USB stick macOS bootable or direct on SSD EFI partition

Bios/UEFI options just disable CSM and secure boot if need. Set ur XMP.

Posted (edited)
On 5/24/2024 at 1:27 AM, MaLd0n said:

Just follow procedure

-Delete old EFI folder and paste new. Don't use merge files
-Don't use Drag and Drop into EFI partition. Use Copy/Paste instead
-Reset NVRAM one time - with OpenCore use entry "Reset Nvram" / with Clover use F11 key on boot screen

Use one USB stick macOS bootable or direct on SSD EFI partition

Bios/UEFI options just disable CSM and secure boot if need. Set ur XMP.

Unfortunately your EFI didn't work for me.

I replaced my old one in my SSD with yours, changed my serials, reset NVRam and now I get verbose printouts when booting, Configuring MDM services... on every boot and the Bluetooth and Wifi drivers no longer work.

Your finished EFI with my configuration is attached if you wanna check what I tried. I don't know what went so wrong. (serials etc replaced with 00000)

EFI.zip

Edit: I made it work by updating the kexts with OCAT and the USB configuration is even better than before! Thanks @MaLd0n !

Edited by unknownharris

On 5/14/2024 at 12:53 PM, eSaF said:

Hi - I have taken a look at your EFI Folder and found all within including OC version needs updating (see included pics).

I don't know if this is the cause of the problem you're having but I have Updated all for you within the attached revised EFI Folder for you to try.

Good luck.

Screenshot 2024-05-14 at 11.32.58.png

Screenshot 2024-05-14 at 11.34.04.png

2024-05-14 EFI - Snowwhite Prep.zip 4.78 MB · 3 downloads

where did you get the 1.0.1 version of OCAT? I can only find the version for OCAT 0.95 from December 2023.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, benjiolino said:

where did you get the 1.0.1 version of OCAT? I can only find the version for OCAT 0.95 from December 2023.

Hi - If I understand your query correctly, you can find the OCAT app here - https://github.com/ic005k/OCAuxiliaryTools

If you're asking about OC 1.0.1 version, follow @Anto65 post above.

Screenshot 2024-05-25 at 20.49.38.png

Edited by eSaF

Posted (edited)

Hello everyone, I set up a triple boot between Windows, macOS and Linux and unfortunately my Linux installation comes up on boot as Nobara-0.39-Linux-latest-whatever instead of a simple Linux label.
How would I go about to change its boot label?

Edited by unknownharris