Insanely HackBeast GA Z390 DESIGNARE - Thunderbolt - Full DSDT patches - Clover - OpenCore

MaLd0n

235 posts in this topic

Ok not sure what happened but now computer won’t boot? Been using it fine for a few hours I rebooted (intentionally) and now I just get a black screen? I didn’t modify anything or try fixing the usb map porting nothing?? Damn

C02507E1-F844-41EC-9CFA-1EF690542F4E.jpeg

Edited by viccan

Fortunately I made a Carbon Copy of the original system before my crash so Im back in.. It seems it is the actual OS that is screwed ? Oddly I thought Id point something out that may or may not be of substance, I was trying to empty my trash Bin and it wouldn't empty.. I just attempted to empty it now before the implementation of the DSDT and it still won't empty ? Just seeing if that made any difference to you ? 

*****Update*****

I have no idea why but my CC cloned drive is working perfectly.. I Have erased the last install, maybe corrupted ? Maybe not? But I am Restoring to my nVme drive now.. I had a problem with Adobe CS? I was unable to login just kept looping signing required screen? None the less I was trying to uninstall it earlier and was why I was unable to empty my trash.. None the less Im going to try exploring this opencore install method, as this install has had multiple video cards.. It just mat be best to try and do a clean install>? I tried booting the refi that runs the system but it wont allow me to install OSx? or if you thin the opencore is more challenging than the clover install method could you tell me what items to remove from my current Efi on a flash installer for Catalina ? It would be much appreciated 

*****UPDATE2****

I have defiantly hit the spot in my previous post its with installing fresh as Ive had this build multiple ways with 2 different GPU's Now I have it booted with Vega64 but only 1 monitor works of my 2 4k displays :( Ive tried every port only 1 will work I put the VII back in same result, black screen? I have tried adding your DSDT but no difference .. Wierd thing Is my memory tab in my "ABOUT THIS MAC" , Is gone.. It was missing with my z370 Aorus G7 but was so happy it showed here ? I still Cant empty the Trash Can LOL??? WTH makes no sense.. And I haven't been able to get a install drive to successfully boot either.. If I were to reinstall, should I take the GPU out ? Ugg back to square 2 :( 

*****UPDATE3****

Changed my System to macMini 8,1 and now I have both monitors working and Memory Tab returned in about this Mac .. Ran GeekBench and had 200pt higher score ? Maybe try and put Vega VII back?? I still can't empty trash which makes no sense ??

*****UPDATE3****

I put Vega VII back in all working perfect WTF ?? This is madness LOL  I think I found my problem, I have a WD Passport for my Time machine, It has 3 different Backups of different compiuters, I tried deleting the old back ups and that's what was blocking my Empty trash.. I had to put it on my MacBook to erase the disk and start fresh couldn't unmount it On my Hackintosh??

Everything seems to be working no all but with A MacMini 8,1 system profile? Is this bad in any way ?

Should I remove the DSDT you made me and make a new one ? Sorry to keep rambling

Edited by viccan
updated info

I have updated AppleALC.kext as well as Lilu and whatevergreen kexts but still don't have Audio? Also just realized I am using Thunderbolt Ethernet adaptor, I don't even see the other Ethernet ports in my system preferences ? Very Odd. 

4 hours ago, viccan said:

I have updated AppleALC.kext as well as Lilu and whatevergreen kexts but still don't have Audio? Also just realized I am using Thunderbolt Ethernet adaptor, I don't even see the other Ethernet ports in my system preferences ? Very Odd. 

use it dont change nothing

EFI.zip

On 2/1/2020 at 6:22 PM, MaLd0n said:

use it dont change nothing

EFI.zip

MalDon,

I have tried the EFI you supplied, I did change and verify a working Serial and UUID, And I had the same results black screens.. I tried to use new MacPro 7,1 got it to boot but buggy interface with Maximum memory warning, tried 19,1 and 19,2 you provided still no go only 1 Display port worked and the 1 HDMI port (But it only offered 30hz refresh and system looked like {censored})

I went back to Mac mini 8,1 and both screens work as well as the memory tab showing up in About this Mac, Unfortunately I don't know why I still have no native audio from 390 I can use my USB, Bluetooth, and OWC Thunderbolt 3 dock but there is no audio from z390 MB ? None the less the 8,1 Mac mini seem the most functional of the 3 sys identifiers.. Why Should I use them over the MacMini identifier? Can a custom DSDT be made with that identifier? would love any feedback you can provide? I have run the "RunMe app" with the DSDT you provided me installed already can you tell me if its worth keeping? or can you provide a working DSDT for the 8,1 system identifier ? As far as the Audio If I can get a rock solid OS with 8,1 and video works I have a USB dongle that can suffice, just know there's a problem with something that its missing even though the Kext and config made by you are correct. Is reinstalling a possible option? Cheers If possible can you provide a functional EFI I can make a bootable installer for Catalina ? The DSDT you provided is working with this Sys Identifier as well? I took a shot of the memory thing I have Reffered to Sooo close Additionally I have looked at what's registering with the OS via Hackintool and it shows only 4 Kexts installed yet In Actually EFI Folder directly below it, you can clearly see 10 Kexts In the Other Folder ? I am seriously leaning to the reality its a Bad Install and something somehow is blocked or something ? Can I delete System Library KEXTS? or is that playing with fire LOL

Screen Shot 2020-02-02 at 1.56.31 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-02-02 at 1.33.01 AM.png

Edited by viccan

6 hours ago, viccan said:

MalDon,

I have tried the EFI you supplied, I did change and verify a working Serial and UUID, And I had the same results black screens.. I tried to use new MacPro 7,1 got it to boot but buggy interface with Maximum memory warning, tried 19,1 and 19,2 you provided still no go only 1 Display port worked and the 1 HDMI port (But it only offered 30hz refresh and system looked like {censored})

I went back to Mac mini 8,1 and both screens work as well as the memory tab showing up in About this Mac, Unfortunately I don't know why I still have no native audio from 390 I can use my USB, Bluetooth, and OWC Thunderbolt 3 dock but there is no audio from z390 MB ? None the less the 8,1 Mac mini seem the most functional of the 3 sys identifiers.. Why Should I use them over the MacMini identifier? Can a custom DSDT be made with that identifier? would love any feedback you can provide? I have run the "RunMe app" with the DSDT you provided me installed already can you tell me if its worth keeping? or can you provide a working DSDT for the 8,1 system identifier ? As far as the Audio If I can get a rock solid OS with 8,1 and video works I have a USB dongle that can suffice, just know there's a problem with something that its missing even though the Kext and config made by you are correct. Is reinstalling a possible option? Cheers If possible can you provide a functional EFI I can make a bootable installer for Catalina ? The DSDT you provided is working with this Sys Identifier as well? I took a shot of the memory thing I have Reffered to Sooo close Additionally I have looked at what's registering with the OS via Hackintool and it shows only 4 Kexts installed yet In Actually EFI Folder directly below it, you can clearly see 10 Kexts In the Other Folder ? I am seriously leaning to the reality its a Bad Install and something somehow is blocked or something ? Can I delete System Library KEXTS? or is that playing with fire LOL

Send me Mac-mini.zip

try with my folder but add agdpmod=pikera bootarg

use it

DSDT.aml.zip

OK heres a weird thing that is making no sense When browsing through Hackintool Installed Kexts Yesterday all my Audio,Broadcom, Smalltree, USBInjectALL, VirtualSMC  Kexts wernt showing up.. After switching once again to the 19,2 and then back to macmini8,1 has somehow removed the other kexts that were installed yesterday to now disappear as well? So the Only install Kext showing in Hackintool today is FakeSMC? So somehow I think maybe the efi Is corrupted or something?? I donno.. So weirrd

OK I started from scratch, Downloaded your installer, was able to run it I wiped my previous install completely.. After installing installer all was well selected language etc.. The went to reboot from USB stick and selected SSD I just installed to, and It said couldn't allocate runtime error.. Over and over double, triple checked my bios settings? Everything seemed good? Only way I can get it to complete the install is with another flash drive w/ the EFI Folder you made otherwise kept getting same error (allocate runtime).. I have now booted into Catalina And all is working again, as I suspected the original install must have been corrupted? Before I go screwing things up, what should I do.. Keep the original 19,1 or use 19,2 iMac ? Also biggest question I used Vega64, should I just stay with it? Is it safe to use Vega VII ? 

OK well your probably watching the Super Bowl or something NOrMaL LOL Heres my latest Run Me, Unless You tell me the Vega vII is fine Im just gonna stick with the 64 Heres the latest RUNME Thanks for the help

Edited by viccan

3 hours ago, viccan said:

OK I started from scratch, Downloaded your installer, was able to run it I wiped my previous install completely.. After installing installer all was well selected language etc.. The went to reboot from USB stick and selected SSD I just installed to, and It said couldn't allocate runtime error.. Over and over double, triple checked my bios settings? Everything seemed good? Only way I can get it to complete the install is with another flash drive w/ the EFI Folder you made otherwise kept getting same error (allocate runtime).. I have now booted into Catalina And all is working again, as I suspected the original install must have been corrupted? Before I go screwing things up, what should I do.. Keep the original 19,1 or use 19,2 iMac ? Also biggest question I used Vega64, should I just stay with it? Is it safe to use Vega VII ? 

OK well your probably watching the Super Bowl or something NOrMaL LOL Heres my latest Run Me, Unless You tell me the Vega vII is fine Im just gonna stick with the 64 Heres the latest RUNME Thanks for the help

Send me Victors-iMac.zip

here we go

DSDT.aml.zip

u can use vega or vii, both is good, vii have a little problems with hdmi audio in some cases, but work good

• Like 1

Well All is good In Mac Town :) FINALLY!! So funny I just had such a crazy feeling it was a bad install, 2 different MB's 2 Different GPUs.. I shoulda scratched it from the beginning, and then the dreaded Unable to allocate Runtime error ugggg.. But I just wanted to say thank you seriously.. I stuck the Vega vII back in and so far still have both monitors functioning at 4k :)  The custom DSDT is unaffected by the video card or vice versa?  

So just got up to a perfectly sleeping Mac OS... All came back on line perfectly even with the VII installed :) Only drawback is my watch didn't unlock the system? I have the Fenvi FV-T919. It is supposed to have BT working for continuity and handoff but I have had to use a BT Dongle USB adaptor for BT connectivity. The wifi works on the card but I don't think the BT is working on it? Any ideas how to activate it? I believe it works in Windows ..

inject ID 7 for the sound card, I have this board and that was my solution to get Audio working.  what I could never get working was open core, it has a memory error no mater what I try.

HBP

9 hours ago, HBP said:

inject ID 7 for the sound card, I have this board and that was my solution to get Audio working.  what I could never get working was open core, it has a memory error no mater what I try.

HBP

Audio works perfectly? Everything for that matter Completely amazed by how bullet proof this thing has been.. 2 things that seems a lil off was some heavy lag initially on Skype video conferencing especially with screen share  Don't get me wrong all 6 cores were close to maxed but did not crash the system, and the Fenvi Bluetooth? I have to use a secondary USB BT Dongle for my mouse /trackpad to work, otherwise it doesn't see it? Yet the Wifi on the same board works flawlessly ?

On 2/3/2020 at 1:23 PM, viccan said:

So just got up to a perfectly sleeping Mac OS... All came back on line perfectly even with the VII installed :) Only drawback is my watch didn't unlock the system? I have the Fenvi FV-T919. It is supposed to have BT working for continuity and handoff but I have had to use a BT Dongle USB adaptor for BT connectivity. The wifi works on the card but I don't think the BT is working on it? Any ideas how to activate it? I believe it works in Windows ..

First some questions , How have you connected the blue tooth Dongle which USB port, also what method are you using to connect Fenvi blue tooth module to USB header

13 hours ago, DazzboDuck said:

First some questions , How have you connected the blue tooth Dongle which USB port, also what method are you using to connect Fenvi blue tooth module to USB header

BT Dongle is on Keyboard which goes to back Middle ports And the Fenvi is connected to the internal USB Header not sure what you mean by “method” to connect? I used the included cable? I take out the usb dongle and RE out the board but no Bluetooth devices are detected.

Edited by viccan

56 minutes ago, iamthekey said:

Hi, have i9 9900KS, GA Z390 Designare with last bios F9b, dual Sapphire Radeon Vega 64, Catalina 10.15.3, in RunMe getting IOREG dump failed :{ any idea? thanks

https://www.olarila.com/files/Utils/RunMe.app.zip
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9wmIfGLe3A

On 2/6/2020 at 6:51 PM, viccan said:

BT Dongle is on Keyboard which goes to back Middle ports And the Fenvi is connected to the internal USB Header not sure what you mean by “method” to connect? I used the included cable? I take out the usb dongle and RE out the board but no Bluetooth devices are detected.

Yes because you could be using a USB MB header splitter and using front USB ports from the same Mobo header, but you are only using the header for the Fenvi using the supplied cable.

Is Bluetooth reporting in your system information ?

Try This

Remove the USB dongle for Bluetooth it is no good to run two devices.

Take card out and boot without Fenvi, then shut down and Make sure Fenvi is in the x1 PCI slot furthest from processor

Make sure he fenvi is attached to USB 2.0 header on side of Mobo using supplied cable. Reboot system and check Bluetooth in system information. Go to system preferences Blue tooth and turn on Blue tooth. Let me know.

Edited by DazzboDuck

Hi .I Have the problem with setting bios Motherboard Gigabyte Z390 DEsignare version Bios v8 ... i don't shure if is correct the configuration bios ... and don't say if the EFI is right .. you can help me .. many thanks

this is my Configuration :

My Build: 

CASE DESIGN FRACTAL DESIGN DEFINE R6 USB-C
SK MADRE GA- Z390 DESIGNARE
CPU INTEL I7 9700K

SCHEDA VIDEO AMD RADEON 8GB RX 580 Sapphire Pulse

ALIMENTATORE THERMALTAKE TOUGH POWER GF1 750 ARGB

SCHEDA PCI EXSPRESS 2 PORTE Firewire 400/800
HYPER FURY DDR4 32 GB 3200 GSKILL 

DISSIPATORE PER CPU Noctua NH-U12A

many thanks Umberto

Send me Umberto-030.homenet.telecomitalia.it.zip

Edited by Umby65

On 2/7/2020 at 3:20 PM, DazzboDuck said:

Yes because you could be using a USB MB header splitter and using front USB ports from the same Mobo header, but you are only using the header for the Fenvi using the supplied cable.

Is Bluetooth reporting in your system information ?

Try This

Remove the USB dongle for Bluetooth it is no good to run two devices.

Take card out and boot without Fenvi, then shut down and Make sure Fenvi is in the x1 PCI slot furthest from processor

Make sure he fenvi is attached to USB 2.0 header on side of Mobo using supplied cable. Reboot system and check Bluetooth in system information. Go to system preferences Blue tooth and turn on Blue tooth. Let me know.

Worked Perfect You guys RULE!! The Splitter does not work with it, so I lost my reset switch and my usb back plate I had plugged in, but no big as I will be getting my DUNE Pro case here in a couple weeks and in will be swapping everything over to it.. Not to mention now that its working perfectly I really don't need the Reset switch as it was only vital during the original install. :) Thanks guys very much..

Hey. I'm new and a little overwhelmed. I just completed my first mackintosh build (really build period). I have this exact Gigbabyte Z390 Designare motherboard with an i7-9700k. I manage to have everything (I think everything) working with the exception of one of the Ethernet ports, bluetooth, wifi, and it reads my external hard drives as non-removable media. How would I go about patching (I'm not sure I'm using the correct term) my DSDT or SSDT?? From what I gathered, doing that might help with the above issues. Any help or direction would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Edited by myfeltgood

19 hours ago, myfeltgood said:

Hey. I'm new and a little overwhelmed. I just completed my first mackintosh build (really build period). I have this exact Gigbabyte Z390 Designare motherboard with an i7-9700k. I manage to have everything (I think everything) working with the exception of one of the Ethernet ports, bluetooth, wifi, and it reads my external hard drives as non-removable media. How would I go about patching (I'm not sure I'm using the correct term) my DSDT or SSDT?? From what I gathered, doing that might help with the above issues. Any help or direction would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

The best you can do is donate a beer to MaLd0n https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=RYQ6CGUGK5D6S&source=url

Run this app attached, and post the send.me file from your desktop to your next post.

Thanks

RunMe.zip

PS Additionally if you are using the clover boot manager, press F4 when you get to your boot screen and post the files it creates here.

Edited by DazzboDuck
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, DazzboDuck said:

The best you can do is donate a beer to MaLd0n https://www.paypal.com/donate/?token=QUzWbRHBNcg1AWvm0qkcA10p0rpcVxxtMczg41idZZewL0Fck_74Kfl-5bhFNHb1WwQbGm&country.x=US&locale.x=US

Run this app attached, and post the send.me file from your desktop to your next post.

Thanks

RunMe.zip

PS Additionally if you are using the clover boot manager, press F4 when you get to your boot screen and post the files it creates here.

Is that PayPal link correct? When I click it, it says session expired.