OpenCore General Discussion

dgsga
8,773 posts in this topic

On 5/24/2019 at 11:43 PM, Rockey12 said:

this is so called legacy boot USB

yes i did it but no success i have created  Legacy Booting USB i don,t know it is good enough but  as  soon i am trying to boot from usb  getting this red screen 

attached are the files which i am usingimageproxy.jpg.6b52b7ac9f5ce7f16df1d7efc241858b.jpg

Archive.zip

Hi Rockey12,

I just tried OpenCore amd got the same error message. Did you solve the problem?

I may have found solution for Mutex (FixMutex Clover).
In ACPI patch:
Find:        014D5554 30001426 454E4647 015B234D 555430FF 0F
Replace:  014D5554 30001426 454E4647 015B234D 555430FF FF
Before putting this patch into config.plist open your untouched DSDT with HexFiend and check if it “fits”

971300324_ScreenShot2019-12-15at2_23_33PM.thumb.png.8b1610788066caea9f174d972a4c9fbe.png

218784462_ScreenShot2019-12-15at3_15_53PM.thumb.png.8f3ca5a1bdce5da68a560804dea3728c.png

1624752338_ScreenShot2019-12-15at3_38_50PM.thumb.png.fdc1b9dfed9e430dedd5c205ee0e5506.png

If you need fix HPET you may find some hints in this topic.

• Like 2

On 12/14/2019 at 8:51 AM, DanielMac said:

So I don’t have sound, but it’s for another reason... Any way to start finding the root cause?

I tried booting with Clover to check my IORegistry and I found that Clover was able to patch AppleHDA and load the sound driver:

833709207_Screenshot2019-12-15at18_47_48.thumb.png.1515f31f9210c5de6f7b2bb5b906f727.png

While when I tried to boot with OpenCore, I use the same layout-id, but AppleHDA was not loaded (or patched?):

993434360_Screenshot2019-12-13at20_39_56.thumb.png.39e773ee48b4c9c5c7e8d60d05b75f09.png

I have no idea where the difference lies (this is my first vanilla hackintosh), but willing to learn. Can someone point me in the right direction? What should I google to understand what is happening here?

Thank you to all you developers!

18 hours ago, Download-Fritz said:

The order you declare the PS2 kexts is wrong. Is IgnoreInvalidFlexRatio on?

Ok, now i can boot to MacOS with OC.
You're right "IgnoreInvalidFlexRatio" is the key.

But i got new problem,
I need to set "SetupVirtualMap = Yes" to boot in macOS, but i can't boot to windows (crash reboot before loading windows) with this options.
If i set "SetupVirtualMap = No" then i can boot to Windows, but can't boot macOS (Just Apple Logo without Loading Bar).

Any clue about this?

Device
- Dell E5450 
- Proc : i3 Broadwell

- RAM : 4GB
- Storage SSD

OC version : latest compiled commit (0.5.4)

Edited by Andres ZeroCross

Booting Windows thru OC caused me more than a few issues. The latest being random BSOD's, which I could then only solve by formatting and re-installing Windows. I now will only use the bios boot picker to boot Windows there  by avoiding all the acpi changes etc done by OC.

Maybe a Full blown programmer can make it work, but I'm just a hobbiest and can barely understand programming.

43 minutes ago, moozuki said:

Booting Windows thru OC caused me more than a few issues. The latest being random BSOD's, which I could then only solve by formatting and re-installing Windows. I now will only use the bios boot picker to boot Windows there  by avoiding all the acpi changes etc done by OC.

Maybe a Full blown programmer can make it work, but I'm just a hobbiest and can barely understand programming.

If patching acpi correctly, there shouldn't be any problem booting Windows like many others here, booting Windows just fine. If one has to use bios to boot Windows then there are other choices out there, that doesn't apply acpi patches for other OS.

26 minutes ago, n.d.k said:

If patching acpi correctly, there shouldn't be any problem booting Windows like many others here, booting Windows just fine. If one has to use bios to boot Windows then there are other choices out there, that doesn't apply acpi patches for other OS.

I don't want to apply acpi patch on windows how to boot windows without acpi patch on opencore bootloader because i have dsdt patched

are there any way on opencore

• Like 1

5 hours ago, anmool said:

I don't want to apply acpi patch on windows how to boot windows without acpi patch on opencore bootloader because i have dsdt patched

are there any way on opencore

There is no way,, just use CLOVER instead.

OC will force use patched DSDT/SSDT to any os you are booting with

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, n.d.k said:

Not my OC version, it's an option on mine with couple lines of code.  Read the README https://github.com/n-d-k/OpenCorePkg

Thanks for your Fork :)

A stupid question by a non english user: ACPI patches is now optional for non macOS with setting ACPI->Quirks->EnableForAll to yes (default is no).

• To boot Windows from Picker---->I've to select:  NO

38 minutes ago, Download-Fritz said:

fyi, patching for all OSes is an explicit design decision and not a programming problem, any such changes submited by bug or PR will not be accepted without good reasoning why it is required.

Hi DownloadFritz, how about my question above?? I can't boot into windows with "SetupVirtualMap=Yes". Should i wait dev fix this?? 

I’d like to refer to my previous post about fixing Mutex and HPET. This fixes are not required, my hackintosh boots and works without them perfectly well. But since in Acidanthera Bugtracker there are a lot of speculations about problems with trackpad and AppleALC not working correctly, (fix_Mutex(for some this fix might look differently, only showed the way), HPET and IRQ fixes)as culprits. So I thought this might be good idea to even temporarily enable this fixes to cut those speculations, and find real cause of that problems.

Edited by hardcorehenry

4 hours ago, n.d.k said:

Not my OC version, it's an option on mine with couple lines of code.  Read the README https://github.com/n-d-k/OpenCorePkg

Can you make customize for Quirck Booter?? I need to set "SetupVirtualMap=No" to boot into windows. But i need this to YES if i want to boot to macOS

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Matgen84 said:

Thanks for your Fork :)

A stupid question by a non english user: ACPI patches is now optional for non macOS with setting ACPI->Quirks->EnableForAll to yes (default is no).

• To boot Windows from Picker---->I've to select:  NO

Correct!  NO if you don't want the ACPI patches applied to Other OSes. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Andres ZeroCross said:

https://github.com/acidanthera/bugtracker/issues/614

I have created issue in bugtracker, and i have upload debug log

I looked into your logs, seem OC grab the wrong dp to boot from.

Try this, create a manual entry with DevicePath = PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1F,0x2)/Sata(0x1,0xFFFF,0x0)/HD(1,GPT,13690F01-A5BF-4EC0-A8DC-836AA3ACDA51,0x28,0x64000)/\EFI\Microsoft\Boot\bootmgfw.efi

and boot from your manual entry.

42 minutes ago, n.d.k said:

Try this, create a manual entry with DevicePath = PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1F,0x2)/Sata(0x1,0xFFFF,0x0)/HD(1,GPT,13690F01-A5BF-4EC0-A8DC-836AA3ACDA51,0x28,0x64000)/\EFI\Microsoft\Boot\bootmgfw.efi

If it's about that, then why if i set "SetupVirtualMap = No" then i can boot into windows with OC??? But i will try you suggestion,,, i will report ASAP

42 minutes ago, n.d.k said:

Tried it,, but result still same. After i press 4 (Windows 10 Enterprise) then i get instant reboot.

Edited by Andres ZeroCross
  • Sad 1