All AMD users. Let's get united! DINOSRULES

dino

145 posts in this topic

Hello there to everybody. As you may already know, all the AMD forums and topics never had more than 2 pages of interests. So lets unite here all AMD users. Ask questions, get tips and triks for your AMD CPU with SSE2 & SSE3.

I am here to help in any kind of problem. I am online everyday,just call for help!

Dinosrules

Hi

I have M2A VM asus motherboard and AMD 4000 dual core processor.

I am installing Tubegirl 10.4.9 OSx86.

At first I've used ide channel master PATA and Slave DVD and use SS2 kernel.

The installation was very slow about 3hrs but it did boot up.

It work well except the hardware was very slow maybe the IDE controllers??

Then I changed settings for SATA in bios to SATA only and I was able to see my SATA drive.

So I have decided to install OSX on SATA drive which I did but i will not boot up.

On disk utility Ichoose partition option boot master for windows machine!!

It work fine on IDE but SATA will not boot.

also I am not sure which patches to use exactly for my setup?

Please help if you can

Thank you

have a hp dv6105 sata drive...i try to install uphuck 1.4a disk util see my sata but when i try to erase or partition it locks up my pc and i am forced to power cycle the pc...anyone have any sugestions....

Do you know what chipset your dv6105 uses?

You all are now my last hope..

How the story has begun: One day ago I decided to make a trip with my PC to a friend. I put in my car, drove 1,5 hours to him. After I plugged in mouse, keyboard etc., I started it. And what happend? First I saw a usual the Bootscreen with the white Apple logo and the circling start underneeth. Normally the Loginwindows appears after it, but than I saw the grey windows which says "You have to restart your computer blablabla..".

"Ok, just restart your machine and all will be fine.." I thought. Nothing was fine. This error appeard now every time, booting with -x, -v, -F didn't help. This ours ago while I was at Home I shut down the computer just normal, didn't installed any drivers, programs. Nothing, everthig was just fine.

I opened the case to see if some hardware is damaged. Nothing. I've running Windows (dualboot) on the same machine: Windows works fine, no erros, nothing.

Ok, maybe some important software of my OS X has been damages (don't know how this could happen) cleared the mac partition and installed Mac again. "Ahhh" I thought and saw the Mac Desktop. I started to install some drivers again (which all had worked before 100%) and restarted the system. After this the same error appeared.

I don't know what I can do, lots of people in IRC tried to help me, but nothing worked.

Please, help me out of this situation!

How do i burn mac os x to a dvd? Do i have to use MacDrive to burn? If so, how do i make it bootable? My install image is an Iso file. If i dont have to burn with mac drive i will only use like, Nero burning rom? I know how to make it bootable with nero but not macdrive. And i was just wondering if it will be any difference after its been burned.

See Signature for computer info.

Thank you very much for answers. I've always wanted to use Mac and if i cant afford a Mac, then i'll have to take the hard way! ;)

Hi again, no need to answer my first post but ive got a new problem, when i boot up into the installation it takes like 1 hour to get to the first option (language option) in the beginning and the whole installation takes hours, but i got lucky to get to the Install process but after some percents it hang itself. What is this!? Can someone help me?

Hay...firstly thanks for your kindly help....

I have osx46 10.4.8

in my :

ecs nforce4ma

amd athlon 64 3200

1 gb ram

ati radeon x300/550

160 GB sata hdd

250 GB ata hdd

10 GB ata hdd

i install my osx in 10 GB ata hdd

MY PROBLEM IS

When I boot my computer win my 10 Gb hdd...it hang when login window?

I can boot my osx by using my osx x dvd, press f8 and time "rd=disk0s1"

When osx is running, i can find my 250 GB ata hdd

it hang whan i run disk utility

I feel like my ati radeon x300/550 not work properly

Please anyone help me...

thank you so much

cupi

I Think this forum is my last chance, before i was running JaS 10.4.8 AMD and it was running mostly well, but i tried PascalW update combo to have 10.4.10 -> no success

After that, i installed Uphuck 1.4a, installation goes smoothly with no problem, i have graphics acceleration, sound, and network but ... transfering file greater than +/-150 from smb share give error -36 (I/O Error) with smb_maperr32 in the kernel messages and also smb_unlink...

I also tried TubGirl 10.4.10 AMD SSE3, installtion goes perfect but have the same problem with network smb file transfers ... So it's unusable !

I have an Acer E351 with Athlon 64 3200+ (Core Venice) and nForce4 chipset ...

PS : I also try manually updating to 10.4.10 from Uphuck 1.3 but, the only problem, it never start the Mac Desktop, and i have replace all necessary kext and have no more errors, except 1 line with diskarb, after Starting Login App, and mDNSResponder the system stop !

HELP !!!! Need to solve these problems !!!

I Think this forum is my last chance, before i was running JaS 10.4.8 AMD and it was running mostly well, but i tried PascalW update combo to have 10.4.10 -> no success

After that, i installed Uphuck 1.4a, installation goes smoothly with no problem, i have graphics acceleration, sound, and network but ... transfering file greater than +/-150 from smb share give error -36 (I/O Error) with smb_maperr32 in the kernel messages and also smb_unlink...

I also tried TubGirl 10.4.10 AMD SSE3, installtion goes perfect but have the same problem with network smb file transfers ... So it's unusable !

I have an Acer E351 with Athlon 64 3200+ (Core Venice) and nForce4 chipset ...

PS : I also try manually updating to 10.4.10 from Uphuck 1.3 but, the only problem, it never start the Mac Desktop, and i have replace all necessary kext and have no more errors, except 1 line with diskarb, after Starting Login App, and mDNSResponder the system stop !

HELP !!!! Need to solve these problems !!!

Use a different way to share your file! Enable ssh and transfert them using scp or any gui tool for windows...

Hey guys, this is my first post (and I have already installed OSX86 10.4.8 on my Gateway MX3417, runs great!)

My processor is an AMD Turion 64 Mobile MK-36 processor

I have a few problems, which are outlined here:

A.) No sound support (sigmatel audio )

B.) I can't change resolutions/no graphics acceleration (Nvidia 6100 go)

C.) No networking (but from what I read it's a rather common problem.)

So can you guys help me out get what I need

• 1 month later...

I recently installed Jas 10.4.8 AMD SSE2 and SSE3. All went well during installation, but upon startup, I see the Apple logo and the little spinning icon, hear the startup sound, but nothing starts up! What can it be?

AMD Turion 64

ATI Radeon 200m

5400rpm Sata Hard Drive

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
soo i have an 1.8 turion too, a benq one with via chipset :( any news about speedstep??

Same here (1.8ghz targa turion mobile) got everything working including x700 ati mobility.

Used ati ata fix to speed up my system which worked great. However the cpu starts cooking and the system is way too slow. I know of no way to check my real current cpu speed.

Slow speed plus too hot cpu with 10.4.8, 10.4.9 and 10.4.10

I also tried the speedstep amd powernow cool and quiet kext but could not get them to work.

As this laptop is getting older 2 years now I have doubt that a fix will be found for this old sinlge core mobile cpu speed issue...

hi!!!

I have two problems:

1. in windows "cpu-z" detects that my athlon 64 x2 4000+ have sse3 instructions but mac dont recognize that ,only sse2

2. In OSX 10.4.6 marvin amd utilities freezes the OSX when patching the 10.4.11 update

need help please

thanks in advance XD

Hi all

Im new to mac and just successfully install Tiger 10.4.6 on my nForce 630a based Biostar system through vmware, need some help on certain area.

1. is there any possibilites that ican get 2d( or better yet 3d) hw accel on my nv7050 onboard gpu?

2. how can i enable my wifi? its atheros based card (TP-Link TL-WN650G).

3. is my SATA and sound supported on any patch .kext file?

4. can i get a better performance on this system? or should i update to 10.4.10/11, if can how?

5. can't seem to get all the combo patch on the web or torrent, can anyone help me with links?

6. lastly is there any other success story with other on similar system like mine?

any assistance on this is going to be a big help

thanks guys..

hi i have an amd 3200+ processor..my mac works awesomely except for my copy speed..its just aweful..it takes 15 to 20 min to copy a 700mb file to my 1gb pendrive..ots very frustruating..is there ant way to increase this?

o and i know its useless to ask this butiv tried everywhere..is there a way to get any sound out of an alc653 sound card on an asus a8v-mx mobo?

pls any replies would be very useful

Hey Guys. I have a problem , Well a big one really.

I have a asus a8n32 - sli deluxe

I've been trying to install Either leopard or Tiger.

I have made more coasters than any bar would ever require.

It seems that I get the error while installing. Tell me to try again.

I was told that I can not install on a sata drive. Is this true, here's my set up.

An832-sli deluxe

FX-60

sata raid 0 - 2(P) P1-Vista P2-Xp

Storage drive 80 Gb <--------Want Leopard/Tiger here

Drives show up at install time

EVGA 8800 GTX

Sound Blaster Live audigy

Asus *2 DVD/Rom - DVD Rom/RW ect

Ok I have downloaded most of the install files.

Jas, Most of the AMD Native installers ect.

Disk verfiy is 100% on each CD.

So CD's are good, Install normally dies after

essentionals Normally at 87%

Any thoughts.

My other P4 insatll went great. AMD is hard.

Do I need to install a IDE drive?

Thanks

Skeete's

P.S

Any Files you recommend.

I do have a working mac on stand bye.

Hello everyone I have installed Leopard onto my AMD PC and i am having trouble booting into Leopard. My specs are:

AMD Athlon 4600+ x2

2 Gb of ram

Maxtor 160 Sata Drive

Dual booting with Windows XP Pro

Logitech Cordless Destktop Keyboard and mouse LX710

Evga 7950GT OK 512MB Card

Now, the problem I am having is whenever I boot up into Leopard I get a kernel panic for starters and I have been using this great guide by: "http://www.thefreesuite.com/" and follow the directions preciselly. Also when I boot into safemode "-x" method I get the keyboard wizard and i follow the directions to detect the keyboard and it will not detect, keeps telling me to do it over and over again. Now this is my first attempt at installing Leopard for the the first time. Are there any solutions to this problem?

hi everybody ! I got a problem installing osx on my amd cpu. Everything is ok but when i try to reboot i can't cause i can't find my hard drive in "startup drive". Can anybody help me ?hi everybody ! I got a problem installing osx on my amd cpu. Everything is ok but when i try to reboot i can't cause i can't find my hard drive in "startup drive". Can anybody help me ?

• 1 month later...

Hey there Skeeter007 , well I been having problems with my PC too, but I was able to install OS X to my SATA drive in the past, you can check my specs, right now I'm running on a IDE drive, I'm using uphuck's 10.4.9 version, you can give it a try, hopefully will work better or you can try to get an IDE drive, because I had wonderful results with a drive like that in the past. Let us know.