All AMD users. Let's get united! DINOSRULES

dino

145 posts in this topic

ANYone have any suggestions on how i can go about running OSX 10.4.8 on this laptop:

DISPLAY LCD: 15.4" Glossy WXGA TFT LCD Display Max: 1280x800 Pixels

CPU: Mobile AMD Turion™64 X2 Dual-Core TL-56 CPU @ 1.8GHz 2x512KB L2 Cache 64-bit Low Voltage 33Watt

MOTHERBOARD: NVIDIA C51MV + MCP51 Chipset Mainboard

MEMORY: 1GB PC5300 DDR2-667 SODIMM Memory (Corsair or Major Brand)

VIDEO CARD: Built-in Mobility™ NVIDIA GeForce GO 7600 256MB PCI-Express X16 Video

HARD DRIVE: 120GB 5400RPM SATA150 HARD DRIVE

OPTICAL DRIVE: 8X DVD REWRITABLE DRIVE

SOUND: BUILT-IN AC 97 SOUND

anyways, any suggestions are greatly appreciated, THanx :thumbsup_anim:

Hey Dino, I'm wanting to upgrade my AMD system from 10.4.6 to 10.4.8 without doing a fresh installation. Is this possible? And if so, how can it be done?

I'd also like to know if it's possible to get a higher resolution on an ATi Radeon XPress 1100 GPU rather than just 1024x768. Thanks a lot!

I got a problem.I have installed the 10.4.6 on my 3000+ but then I upgrade to athlon 4000+ 64 and I installed 10.4.6 on my drive and it would only boot from dvd but then after a few reboots it says that the com.apple.Boot.plist is missing.So I found how to install on my sata drive so I did.And everytime I restart I get a blinking cursor.I guess no OS.So I try from the dvd and does the same thing.So I try it again on my ata drive and everything goes good and then reboot it says com.apple.boot.plist missing or just blinking cursor.I just had this thing running...

K8t Neo 2

150 Sata Drive

Amd Athlon 4000+

1 GB

Which install DVD you have? My old JaS 10.4.6 image doesn't have support for installing on SATA, and the nForce 4 SATA driver isn't working after the 2nd reboot. But installing on IDE should always work. I don't know exactly your configuration, has the k8t Neo 2 nForce 4? What other components you have?

Do you know the core type of your CPU? There are versions of your CPU which has SSE2 only:

SSE2 only:

3000+ Newcastle (1800 MHz)

3000+ Winchester (1800 MHz)

4000+ Clawhammer CG (2400 MHz)

SSE2 and SSE3:

3000+ Venice (1800 MHz)

4000+ San Diego (2400 MHz)

Check your CPU core with CPU-Z in Windows: http://www.cpuid.com/cpuz.php

4000+ San Diego

Just tryed to load from the IDE hard drive and just get a blinking cursor...

Do you even get the OS X boot screen?

I have the same motherboard and I can install OS X on a IDE fine but when it boots I get the blinking cursor. Don't even get to the menu to use -v option.

Now like you mentioned running off the SATA drive works perfectly.

I suggest playing with the BIOS setting and changing the device location. (Secondary instead of primary.) I've been kicking myself for not writing down what I did, but previously I had OS X on both the SATA and IDE and had them booting, so it can be done. (If I can remember, I'll post more.)

My specs:

AMD 64 4000+ San Diego

Asus A8N Premium

1.5 GB DDR 400 Dual Channel

Nvidia 7600 GT

Everything works but it is slow! The OS seems fast but I'm getting horrible results from Xbench. My Cpu is around 22, QE is 24, and Open GL is 13! Installation went smooth - the only thing I had to do was install natit v.02 and add my id to the geforce.kext. This is a clean install. Any ideas?

• 2 months later...
im really confused at the moment

OSX boots absolutly fine in VMware, but when i go to boot the real deal, it just hangs

i installed osx86 using the VMware method, but yeah...

i installed it on a real parition, and darwin picks it up fine, the grey screen comes up and wammy, 25 minutes of waiting for nothing to happen.

Came here to post this. I used uphuck's 10.4.9 installer and everything works great in vmware, but when I boot into it, it sometimes boots up great, other times hangs at the grey screen, and other times tells me I need to restart in four languages. I thought MacFuse caused this first, but that's uninstalled now and it still happens. It always boots up great in vmware though. The only difference is I can't see my SATA drives in vmware.

What's going on?

A8N-E with Athlon 64 3500+ (nforce4)

Installed on PATA drive

GeForce 7600GTOC

Searching around it seems people with similar issues were told to update/switch kernels. How do I know what kernel I'm using and how do I switch it? I'd prefer not to reinstall, since everything runs so great when it does boot.

Is there anyway to figure out exactly what the issue is?

Came here to post this. I used uphuck's 10.4.9 installer and everything works great in vmware, but when I boot into it, it sometimes boots up great, other times hangs at the grey screen, and other times tells me I need to restart in four languages. I thought MacFuse caused this first, but that's uninstalled now and it still happens. It always boots up great in vmware though. The only difference is I can't see my SATA drives in vmware.

What's going on?

A8N-E with Athlon 64 3500+ (nforce4)

Installed on PATA drive

GeForce 7600GTOC

Searching around it seems people with similar issues were told to update/switch kernels. How do I know what kernel I'm using and how do I switch it? I'd prefer not to reinstall, since everything runs so great when it does boot.

Is there anyway to figure out exactly what the issue is?

Seems like about the same problem I have, with the difference that my install won't boot at all when I don't use the -v and cpus=2 kernel arguments. So does your system boot without problems when using the "-v" kernel argument?

Hi, I installed tubgirl 10.4.8 with 6th may ppf. works very fast on my

MSI K8N Neo4 mobo with AMD 3500+ venice core processor (2x512mb ram) and an nvidia 6200TC videocard.

Only one thing: the onboard nic worked out of the box from the start with the forcedeth driver. however I have a PCI realtke 8139 nic, that worked fine under 10.4.5 but didn't work with 10.4.9.

Found this on the forum:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=35380

hower after I downloaded the driver and did what the the install file said:

sudo su

rm -R /System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/Plugins/AppleRTL8139Ethernet.kext

cp -R <path to>/PCGenRTL8139Ethernet.kext /System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/Plugins/

chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/Plugins/PCGenRTL8139Ethernet.kext

chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/Plugins/PCGenRTL8139Ethernet.kext

touch /System/Library/Extensions

shutdown -r now

still no network, after some messing around found solution:

sudo su

rm -R /System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/Plugins/AppleRTL8139Ethernet.kext

rm -R /System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/Plugins/RealtekR1000.kext

cp -R <path to>/PCGenRTL8139Ethernet.kext /System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/Plugins/

chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/Plugins/PCGenRTL8139Ethernet.kext

chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/Plugins/PCGenRTL8139Ethernet.kext

touch /System/Library/Extensions

shutdown -r now

And now my realtek is working

I would like to know:

1) What updates from system updates can I install on AMD SSE2 jas 10.4.8 system? I haven't dared getting any.

2) If anyone could fix usb 2.0 support on via chipset / msi ms-6702 it would be great. Removing AppleEHCI and use usb 1.1 seems to work for now.

• 2 months later...

Hey guys, I'm a bit new to this but here goes:

I've done a native install from JaS 10.4.8 SSE2 SSE3 DVD. My system is:

EPoX EP-MF570 SLI

AMD Athlon X2 3600+

2G RAM

GF 7600GS

etc.

Got everything working except the SATA controller (which I see is normal).

The system is very nippy and responsive but there's one problem - in Activity Monitor one of the two cores is always at 90-100% usage and the other is normal. This usage is System, because the % of system cpu usage doesn't fall below 50%. How can I check what is wrong? Just the CPU usage reporting or something is eating up CPU cycles? The CPU usage is as follows (example):

core1:12% / core2:90%

core1:7% / core2:95%

core1:16% / core2:87%

core1:2% / core2:100%

core1:50% / core2: 55%

...and so on, you get the point. The process which is most CPU intensive (in fact the only one with over 2%) is kernel_task with constant 100,20% - 101,50% usage.

What could be wrong with my system?

Hello there to everybody. As you may already know, all the AMD forums and topics never had more than 2 pages of interests. So lets unite here all AMD users. Ask questions, get tips and triks for your AMD CPU with SSE2 & SSE3.

I am here to help in any kind of problem. I am online everyday,just call for help!

Dinosrules

Hi

how come i can not see SATA Drive during instalation and I have to use IDE Channel??

Hello there to everybody. As you may already know, all the AMD forums and topics never had more than 2 pages of interests. So lets unite here all AMD users. Ask questions, get tips and triks for your AMD CPU with SSE2 & SSE3.

I am here to help in any kind of problem. I am online everyday,just call for help!

Dinosrules

I have M2A VM Motherboard and AMD Athlon 4000 Dual core Running 10.4.8 works great but I do have litlle problems.

Nolan so what network card works??

And SATA drivesn are not working ??

Thank you