AMD Vanilla Kernel

Shaneee

170 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, AntarcticP said:

@AlGrey

I see the latest High Sierra 17G7024 version (after the 2019-003 security update) is now also supported with the binary patches for the 15h_16h CPUs.

However, if I screen the patches.plist, the built number is not mentioned.

Am I missing something?

fixed the commit ! 
check again 

cheers !

Edited by XLNC
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 5/19/2019 at 5:07 AM, XLNC said:

fixed the commit ! 
check again 

cheers !

Thanks for both of you: AlGrey & XLNC

It works perfectly in FX-6300 at 2019-003 security update again !

Any chance update to 10.14.6 beta or working 32-bit app ?

[Edit]

I don't know why this new or previous version can not boot my Ryzen 1700X hackintosh at 10.14.5.

Is there any extra patch for Ryzen hackintosh at 10.14.5 ?

It only worked at 10.13.6, 10.14.1,10.14.3 & 10.14.4.

But it worked in FX-6300 hackintosh at 10.13.6, 10.14.4 & 10.14.5.

[Solved]

At 10.14.5 it need a valid patched DSDT.aml in Ryzen 1700X hackintosh.

Edited by jsl2000

On 5/20/2019 at 11:01 AM, jsl2000 said:

Thanks for both of you: AlGrey & XLNC

It works perfectly in FX-6300 at 2019-003 security update again !

Any chance update to 10.14.6 beta or working 32-bit app ?

there are no plans to make any kind of kernel patches for beta versions of macos , since creating patches takes lot of time 
so we directly make them for the non beta release to save time.

32 bit app support requires OPEMU but we cannot fit that data into vanilla kernel patches .
so the good way to add support for it make a seperate kernel extension for it and there is a project known in development already 
check out https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/329704-opcode-emulator-opemu-plug-in-project/

• Like 1

In about 5 months macOS will drop 32 bit support anyways, so app developers will hopefully move to 64 bit faster than now.

As for the Beta patches, I would welcome it if some of you would write something about the technical background of these patches, so the community can learn from it and maybe even create own patches for betas. I think it would help everyone, I am really interested in this topic, but it‘s hard to start if you only have the clean patches with no description.

On 5/21/2019 at 7:09 AM, XLNC said:

32 bit app support requires OPEMU but we cannot fit that data into vanilla kernel patches .
so the good way to add support for it make a seperate kernel extension for it and there is a project known in development already 
check out https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/329704-opcode-emulator-opemu-plug-in-project/

The problem is the developer behind that project does not seem to be interested in maintaining it for 32 bit app support for Mojave.  They seemed to be convinced that Mojave no longer supports 32 bit apps (it does, but its depreciated and won't exist in macOS 10.15) and thus won't support it.  This begs the question if it's worth attempting to develop a fork of the kext specifically for OPEMU support on Vanilla AMD installations.  I'm not willing to do it because I don't have the time or skills, but perhaps someone else will?  If not, I might just have to switch over to a pre-patched kernel with built-in opemu support.

Hi guys trying Mojave 10.14.5 on CPU 8350 with the patch
I still have this problem
This happened on pre-installed Hdisk and usb created, in 10.14.2 I solved (not having the patch) with one of the Prelinkedkernel, but now using the patch

Schermata 2019-05-23 alle 21.36.50.png

21 hours ago, carlo_67 said:

Hi guys trying Mojave 10.14.5 on CPU 8350 with the patch
I still have this problem
This happened on pre-installed Hdisk and usb created, in 10.14.2 I solved (not having the patch) with one of the Prelinkedkernel, but now using the patch

Hi Carlo_67

I'm having exactly the same problem. My USB2 ports are not working, USB3 is.

Managed to install 10.14.4 by switching the USB installer from USB2 to USB3 during the boot. But I do have reboot after accepting the Licence agreement.

Due to the USB errors that keep scrolling over the screen, I cannot make it to save boot (using -s) to follow these instructions: https://forum.amd-osx.com/viewtopic.php?t=5902

I'm stuck ... no mojave so far ...

Edited by AntarcticP
  • Like 1

On 5/24/2019 at 8:13 PM, Shaneee said:

@XLCN  BIG THANKS

This kext works, my USB2 ports are working again.

I was able to install Mojave 10.14.4 vanilla, had to create a 'Temp User' admin account, but all fine now!

I'll start testing out some things now.

On 5/21/2019 at 8:09 PM, XLNC said:

there are no plans to make any kind of kernel patches for beta versions of macos , since creating patches takes lot of time 
so we directly make them for the non beta release to save time.

Thanks for your advice.

Waiting for your update the kernel patch for 10.13.6 Security Update 2019-004 (17G8011) !

@ALGray @XLCN :)

Thanks Patch I am not using NullCPUPowermanagement:thumbsup_anim:

Problem Safari continuously reloads the pages, is there anything to make it work?
All right with Firefox

Schermata 2019-05-26 alle 05.22.47.png

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, vikwinchester said:

Hi guys! Thanks for great work! Just one question: Is AMD Piledriver CPU's also supported by this patch? (i.e. FX-4300) Wikipedia told me that Piledriver CPU family is 15h but on GitHub only Buldozer family mentioned. 

Should do yes. 

Hi!

Thanks the Patches and Fixes for ALGrey, XLNC, and Shaneee! Excellent job!
I try 15h Bulldozer Patch for my FX 8300 in Mojave 10.14.5.

System booting is good, but error the end:

"ioconsoleusers gioscreenlockstate 3 hs 0 bs 0 now 0 sm 0x0"
I try two vga (R7 360 with fake id, 5770 native support) both have the same result.

Is there a solution to this problem?

Thanks for everything!

IMG_20190527_222628.jpg

Edited by NMZI

45 minutes ago, NMZI said:

Hi!

Thanks the Patches and Fixes for ALGrey, XLNC, and Shaneee! Excellent job!
I try 15h Bulldozer Patch for my FX 8300 in Mojave 10.14.5.

System booting is good, but error the end:

"ioconsoleusers gioscreenlockstate 3 hs 0 bs 0 now 0 sm 0x0"
I try two vga (R7 360 with fake id, 5770 native support) both have the same result.

Is there a solution to this problem?

Thanks for everything! 

IMG_20190527_222628.jpg

5770 has no native support in Mojave, you will find support 7000 series

52 minutes ago, vikwinchester said:

I have created installer USB with your guide, also use USB fixing kext from this thread and add USBBusFix=Yes, but it looks like it's can't initiate USB anyway. Any suggestions what I could try?

IMG_7867.JPG

IMG_7868.JPG

set the disks on the bios in ahci, try putting AHCIPortInjector.kext

Schermata 2019-05-27 alle 23.03.03.png