Mojave : Nvidia web driver petition

UltraLaser

20 posts in this topic

I am in, honestly i don't have the money for an upgrade right now and i want to keep my gtx 960, so i hope in future support for mojave, and also i hope that apple will oficially support nvidia cards as egpus in the future

• Like 2

On 11/10/2018 at 9:53 PM, max.1974 said:

I'm starting to get mad at Apple, too much power and monopoly, where there should be many other such good programs, but just have the usual rubbish.

off:

Can you just snap your fingers like the guy in your avatar pic? :)

• Like 1

does anyone really think this is going to make any difference, a very small amount of users signing a petition for something that Nvidia is on the hook to resolve.

Edited by Donw35
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Donw35 said:

does anyone really think this is going to make any difference, a very small amount of users signing a petition for something that Nvidia is on the hook to resolve.

Yah, it's hard to blame Apple this time when its because NVIDIA is forcing the use of their own unsupported proprietary API. I signed, but it shouldn't be on Apple to tell Nivida to write their drivers for the platform and stop making it a poison pill to extend CUDA to more platforms. That being said, maybe 2019 will see the return of a flexible and expandable Mac platform. Nvidia is right they shouldn't have to use webdrivers for all of their GPUs, but they also shouldn't expect an OS to be crafted around their CUDA APIs like they are demanding.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I have already seen the discussion in the nvidia forum, i wanted to see the discussion in the apple forum, but for now high sierra supports rtx cards as well, so for now high sierra is still a viable alternative for the users of the latest nvidia gpus

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 6 months later...
On 1/7/2019 at 1:17 AM, ITzTravelInTime said:

I have already seen the discussion in the nvidia forum, i wanted to see the discussion in the apple forum, but for now high sierra supports rtx cards as well, so for now high sierra is still a viable alternative for the users of the latest nvidia gpus

That's false. High Sierra does not support RTX series cards with full GUI acceleration. If my knowledge is incomplete, please enlighten me. As of today, RTX cards are NOT supported in any form of macOS.

Edited by d5aqoep

3 minutes ago, d5aqoep said:

That's false. High Sierra does not support RTX series cards with full GUI acceleration. If my knowledge is incomplete, please enlighten me.

yes i know and i had also the chance to test this, my bad for not editing the post