Jump to content

AMD Mojave Kernel Development and Testing


263 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

On 12/25/2018 at 6:26 AM, XLNC said:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xdbimsaenc71h5j/XLNC_fx2.zip?dl=0
try this kernel guys !

- replace the kernel and system.kext in mojave macos and rebuild kextcache and reboot .

NOTE prelinkedkernel provided for those users who want to boot without rebuilding caches ! 

Thanks, but it still got the same KP as previous kernel.fx & prelinkedkernel.fx at 10.14.1 in FX-6300 hackintosh.

In Ryzen 1700X it can login desktop at 10.14.1/10.14.2/10.14.3.

Safari & App Store work now in addition to Firefox and Google Chrome, but cpu-x and EFI Mount V3 crashed.

It can play video smoothly in Safari.

But it took longer time to shutdown or reboot than prelinkedkernel.fx in which Safari & App Store crashed.

Edited by jsl2000
  • Like 1

Gave it another try. 

 

Used disk utility to restore basesystem.dmg to flash drive then copied packages folder and applediagnostics/basesystem to flash drive. Then copied foxlet’s B7 kernel to /S/L/Kernels and prelinkedkernel.bits to /S/L/Prelinkedkernel and the extensions to /S/L/E and kexts (nullcpu and fakesmc) to clover efi partition. Copied config.plist from my 10.13 install over to thumb drive. Put boot arg “kcsuffix=bits” in config plist. 

 

Boot args are npci=0x2000 kcsuffix=bits -v

 

After booting i now get stuck at “FakeSMCKeyStore: Started” line. 

 

Gonna give virtualSMC a go

 

virtualsmc also failed. Think it’s actually a kernel panic. 

Edited by pixelkid94
10 hours ago, XLNC said:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xdbimsaenc71h5j/XLNC_fx2.zip?dl=0
try this kernel guys !

- replace the kernel and system.kext in mojave macos and rebuild kextcache and reboot .

NOTE prelinkedkernel provided for those users who want to boot without rebuilding caches ! 

is it compatible for amd a10 5800k?

9 hours ago, jsl2000 said:

Thanks, but it still got the same KP as previous kernel.fx & prelinkedkernel.fx at 10.14.1 in FX-6300 hackintosh.

In Ryzen 1700X it can login desktop faster and cleaner than previous version at 10.14.1/10.14.2/10.14.3.

Safari & App Store work now in addition to Firefox and Google Chrome, but cpu-x and EFI Mount V3 crashed.

Amazing fast shutdown & restart ----- the best kernel for Ryzen 1700X hackintosh !

Highly recommendable to everyone to try it by yourself !


can you boot with debug=0x100 boot flag on FX and send a pic of the kp ?
 

1 hour ago, Mc Jacej said:

is it compatible for amd a10 5800k?

yes !

  • Like 1
1 hour ago, XLNC said:


can you boot with debug=0x100 boot flag on FX and send a pic of the kp ?
 

yes !

XLNC & Shaneee:

Tested with your kernel or prelinkedkernel always got the same KP as the first one:

The actual one was attached too.

20181212_175555.thumb.jpg.a8b4e21df32d30cfafec86a9ce3f565f.jpg

IMG_0198.JPG

Edited by jsl2000
55 minutes ago, jsl2000 said:

XLNC & Shaneee:

Tested with your kernel or prelinkedkernel always got the same KP as the first one:

The actual one was attached too.

20181212_175555.thumb.jpg.a8b4e21df32d30cfafec86a9ce3f565f.jpg

IMG_0198.JPG

i get  this error in my fx8350  when i try to load  Kernel  of foxlet.

try to use The kernel and prelinked   of XLNC.

my System Goes  up but i have Problems with Smc

fakesmc= Enter in  Logo NVIDIA but don’t Start the graphic Mode 

Virtualsmc = Don’t enter in Logo  and Return  error on appleacpicpu

  • Like 1
20 minutes ago, fagneroliveira said:

i get  this error in my fx8350  when i try to load  Kernel  of foxlet.

try to use The kernel and prelinked   of XLNC.

my System Goes  up but i have Problems with Smc

fakesmc= Enter in  Logo NVIDIA but don’t Start the graphic Mode 

Virtualsmc = Don’t enter in Logo  and Return  error on appleacpicpu

Which version of XLNC's kernel & prelinkedkernel did you use ?

On December 25, 2018 at 9:47 PM, fagneroliveira said:

The both

 

 The both work  but use The fx2 

I have tried both versions in vain.

I'll re-test it again when I get AMD R9 380 or 7950 GPU soon later.

RX-560 is not fully compatible to this M5A MB.

Edited by jsl2000

Currently can't get passed the installer (unsupported metal graphics), I assume because the Pascal drivers aren't out for Mojave? I have a GTX 1080, but I noticed someone was able to install successfully with their GTX 1050.

6 hours ago, 0xAE9 said:

Currently can't get passed the installer (unsupported metal graphics), I assume because the Pascal drivers aren't out for Mojave? I have a GTX 1080, but I noticed someone was able to install successfully with their GTX 1050.

 

Hello,

I don't know what smbios you are using, but the installer just started with MacPro 6.1!

MacPro5.1 shouted at Metal support not supported by me!

 

I don't think the GTX 1080 has a webdriver

 

Sorry, bad English!

Edited by BCBoy1
2 hours ago, BCBoy1 said:

 

Hello,

I don't know what smbios you are using, but the installer just started with MacPro 6.1!

MacPro5.1 shouted at Metal support not supported by me!

 

I don't think the GTX 1080 has a webdriver

 

Sorry, bad English!

Thank you so much! I must wait for the web drivers, but afterwards I should be able to install properly.

20 hours ago, XLNC said:


can you boot with debug=0x100 boot flag on FX and send a pic of the kp ?
 

yes !

Can you share with us your sysctl -a in FX-8320 hackintosh at 10.14.1 ?

Edited by jsl2000
On 12/26/2018 at 12:57 PM, jsl2000 said:

Can you share with us your sysctl -a in FX-8320 hackintosh at 10.14.1 ?


i cant login without an amd GPU ! 
so cant send it : (
curently my main developemnt machine is still high sierra 10.13.6

2 hours ago, XLNC said:


i cant login without an amd GPU ! 
so cant send it : (
curently my main developemnt machine is still high sierra 10.13.6

Please try nv_disable=1 for your GTX-960 GPU.

If the kernel & prelinkedkernel are valid at least you can login desktop at 10.14.1

Edited by jsl2000
On December 26, 2018 at 12:09 AM, 0xAE9 said:

Currently can't get passed the installer (unsupported metal graphics), I assume because the Pascal drivers aren't out for Mojave? I have a GTX 1080, but I noticed someone was able to install successfully with their GTX 1050.

You may try booted with nv_disable=1 if no nvidia web drive yet.

1 minute ago, Shaneee said:

@jsl2000 Are those images booting the installer or HDD?

Booted by Cloned Intel partition (HDD)  in which replaced with AMD's kernel, prelinkedkernel, & related Kexts/FrameWorks.

It worked perfectly in Ryzen 1700X hackintosh, but always got KP in FX-6300 hackintosh.

  • Like 2
13 hours ago, jsl2000 said:

Booted by Cloned Intel partition (HDD)  in which replaced with AMD's kernel, prelinkedkernel, & related Kexts/FrameWorks.

It worked perfectly in Ryzen 1700X hackintosh, but always got KP in FX-6300 hackintosh.

 

Please test on your FX with this.

 

 

prelinkedkernel.test.zip

  • Like 3
1 hour ago, Shaneee said:

 

Please test on your FX with this.

 

 

prelinkedkernel.test.zip

Shaneee: Thank you very much. You are my hero !

Great news: it worked perfectly in FX-6300 hackintosh at 10.14.1 & 10.14.3 beta.

Safari, App Store, cpu-x, & Hinet.Dr.Speed.OSX, etc. all worked.

The only issue is shutdown will restart instead of power off.

RX-560_OpenCL.gb4

RX-560_Metal.gb4

FX-6300.txt.zip

Edited by jsl2000
  • Like 1
×
×
  • Create New...