AMD Mojave Kernel Development and Testing

Shaneee

263 posts in this topic

AMD Mojave Kernel Development and Testing

This thread is only for the purpose of development and testing the kernel and it's source for AMD on Mojave. Any support questions regarding installation or post install will be removed.

Installation support forum - https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/719-amd/

Post Installation support forum - https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/720-amd/

When reporting tests with a kernel uploaded please provide the following,

• Output from Terminal of " sysctl -a " when possible.
  • CPU and any OC settings.
  • Graphics card including Manufacturer name.
  • If you are booting an install USB with a test kernel, please say how you made the installer.

Thanks,

Shaneee

• Like 15

• 2 months later...
2 hours ago, Shaneee said:

Getting there... More soon.

IMG_20181210_231135.jpg

Should I just replaced original kernel, prelinkedkernel, & IONetworkingFamily.kext with these 3 modified files at 10.14.1 cloned Intel partition ?

Or need extra procedure for these kernel.bits & prelinkedkernel.bits ?

• Like 1

I got the mojave installed but the issue is that it reboots after welcome screen.

seems its related to IONetworkFamily kext issue .

@ydeng you seem to have fixed this issue in your kernel that you posted on amdosx ! Can you post how you fixed it.

66FDEF85-D6C9-40E4-B6BF-B6BF16209A24.jpeg

94718F1A-2FDE-4F18-A78C-C3153A5E118D.jpeg

778C87E1-2056-423C-909E-5477F8AE0C11.jpeg

8922F27C-420E-4409-A827-52AB9A862312.jpeg

Edited by XLNC
  • Like 3

Hello Mojave (on Ryzen so far)!
406111683_ScreenShot2018-12-11at1_34_35PM.thumb.png.49da95f7b8757fb780c78f5ee6a01e22.png

Mojave Minimal Kernel (AMD)

Latest: https://gist.github.com/foxlet/335ade0f80937eacf4765dd0d3bd40f2/raw/3a78c21b8f5afcf1f20eaec253b7559d4e9e6c18/foxlet-bits-b7.zip

Source: https://github.com/foxlet/minimal-amd-xnu

All Builds: https://gist.github.com/foxlet/335ade0f80937eacf4765dd0d3bd40f2

Edited by foxlet
Links to kernel builds.
  • Like 8
  • Confused 1

16 hours ago, Shaneee said:

Here's a test kernel. Currently boots my system. Only for 10.14.1. You'll need a Mojave system to compile a prelinkedkernel. However if needed I can upload a prelinkedkernel for installers if you make one from 10.13.

Mojave_AMD_Beta.zip

Thanks but unfortunately it got reboot in both Ryzen 1700X and FX-6300 hackintoshs.

7 hours ago, Gigamaxx said:

Mojave 14.2, Ryzen 2400G AMD R7 265 (R7 270x)

@Shaneee Terminal output.    

Terminal Saved Output Ryzen 5 2400g.zip

Screen Shot 2018-12-11 at 8.00.43 PM.png

Ryzen 5 2400G Geekbench CPU.png

Thanks but unfortunately it got reboot in both Ryzen 1700X and FX-6300 hackintoshs with these new testing kernels and prelinkedkernels.

Could you share how do you got it booting to desktop ?

Edited by jsl2000

1 hour ago, Shaneee said:

Put this prelinkedkernel into S/L/PrelinkedKenrels and boot to the Mojave drive with kcsuffix=boot

https://www.dropbox.com/s/f9117f4aelmlv3i/prelinkedkernel.boot.zip?dl=0

Thanks, but it will rebuild prelinkedkernel during booting with kcsuffix=test, then reboot before login desktop.

Very close to working now !

Just now, jsl2000 said:

Thanks, but it will rebuild prelinkedkernel during booting with kcsuffix=test, then reboot before login desktop.

Very close to working now !

If it tried to rebuilt the pk it won't touch the prelinkedkernel.boot file unless you've got kernel.boot. This way that one is safe. Also it's kcsuffix=boot not =test :P

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Shaneee said:

@Gigamaxx How's it running for you? Runs great for me minus the wireless networking.

It took a bit of wrestling to get it to boot at first.   Graphics issues until I threw in the trusty old r7 265.    I kept tuning into black screen (IOScreenlockstate).   My wireless lists as connected status  but safari, AppStore and updates won’t connect.   

This is using the kernel, IOnetworkingkext, and prelinkedkernel bits (renamed to pk).   

@jsl2000 have tried single user mode?

6 minutes ago, Gigamaxx said:

It took a bit of wrestling to get it to boot at first.   Graphics issues until I threw in the trusty old r7 265.    I kept tuning into black screen (IOScreenlockstate).   My wireless lists as connected status  but safari, AppStore and updates won’t connect.   

This is using the kernel, IOnetworkingkext, and prelinkedkernel bits (renamed to pk).   

@jsl2000 have tried single user mode?

What are you using for Wireless?

19 minutes ago, Shaneee said:

What are you using for Wireless?

Tested Atheros w4800 using the HS A40kext fix, and brcm 4360.   They show connection in system report but the apps won’t open.   Seems like a secruity issue?  

I purchased Geekbench which is why it let me run the bench but it won’t open to their browser.   Graphics compute bench wouldn't run.   At first I was getting a lot of system freeze then I used Cybedevelopers nvram/cache tool and it smoothed it out.

Edited by Gigamaxx

14 minutes ago, Gigamaxx said:

Tested Atheros w4800 using the HS A40kext fix, and brcm 4360.   They show connection in system report but the apps won’t open.   Seems like a secruity issue?  

I purchased Geekbench which is why it let me run the bench but it won’t open to their browser.   Graphics compute bench wouldn't run.   At first I was getting a lot of system freeze then I used Cybedevelopers nvram/cache tool and it smoothed it out.

Did you only test on Safari? I had the same issue. Used Chrome and it works :D

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Shaneee said:

If it tried to rebuilt the pk it won't touch the prelinkedkernel.boot file unless you've got kernel.boot. This way that one is safe. Also it's kcsuffix=boot not =test :P

Thanks but booted with kcsuffix=boot it still got reboot before login desktop at 10.14.1 and reboot just after login desktop for several seconds at 10.14.2.

I'm not sure whether it's due to GPU (AMD 7950) issue.

I'll test with other compatible GPU such as Nvidia GT-730 or GTX-680 as soon as possible when I travel back 3 days later.

Edited by jsl2000

53 minutes ago, jsl2000 said:

Thanks but booted with kcsuffix=boot it still got reboot before login desktop at 10.14.1 and reboot just after login desktop for several seconds at 10.14.2.

I'm not sure whether it's due to GPU (AMD 7950) issue.

I'll test with other compatible GPU such as Nvidia GT-730 or GTX-680 as soon as possible when I travel back 3 days later.

you mean it reboot's after country selection window ?

Edited by XLNC