AMD Mojave Kernel Development and Testing

Shaneee

263 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Gigamaxx said:

Are they working for you?    

My test is with a clone of an Intel System drive.

No, anything Apple that requires internet doesn't work. Chrome is working though for web browsing.

• Like 1

Well, I tried to up the system with penboot with Shanee's PrelinkedKernel, but I got those results, it looks like error a Power Management (ACPI), what do you think @Shaneee ? 

Replace IONetworkingFamily.kext by foxlet and I used Mojave AMD Beta kernel by Shanee.

My Setup.
Installed Operating Systems:
 High Sierra 10.13.3 - Windows 10 Pro - Yosemite 10.10

CPU: AMD FX-6300 4Ghz Motherboard: M5A78L-M LX/BR RAM: 8GB DDR3 Graphics: XFX HD 7770 1GB
HDD: 1TB Seagate - 2x 500GB Seagate - 80GB LAN: RTL8111 Sound:  ALC888B
Other: USB Wireless Mouse and Keyboard Bootloader: Clover - Legacy

20181212_175555.jpg

Edited by gudelgado_

7 hours ago, gudelgado_ said:

Well, I tried to up the system with penboot with Shanee's PrelinkedKernel, but I got those results, it looks like error a Power Management (ACPI), what do you think @Shaneee ? 

Replace IONetworkingFamily.kext by foxlet and I used Mojave AMD Beta kernel by Shanee.

My Setup.

CPU: AMD FX-6300 4Ghz Motherboard: M5A78L-M LX/BR RAM: 8GB DDR3 Graphics: XFX HD 7770 1GB

20181212_175555.jpg

A couple of possible issues.

XFX video cards of that vintage may have incompatible vbios.   Have you used that card on a different Hackintosh?   Do you have a different video card to test with?   Or did you reflash the bios to another brand?

Another issue may be Legacy clover build can be hard to get working in Mojave, UEFI boot is much easier.    Unless you have had it working in the past with intel it may be better to go with Clover UEFI.   Mojave now requires APFS mode which favors UEFI.

• Like 1

Tested with Ryzen 7 2700X Geekbench CPU score is good.  @Shaneee Terminal output attached. 

Graphics notes:

Open CL is about half of what it should be and Open GL as well.   Check out the Geekbench OpenCl vs Metal score for the sapphire R7 265.    Open Gl score with RX 480 in Uningine Valley is half of what it should be.    

Ryzen Mojave metal vs Open CL.png

Ryzen 7 2700X geekbench.png

Screen Shot 2018-12-13 at 1.36.15 PM.png

Terminal Saved Output Ryzen 7 2700X

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Gigamaxx said:

A couple of possible issues.

XFX video cards of that vintage may have incompatible vbios.   Have you used that card on a different Hackintosh?   Do you have a different video card to test with?   Or did you reflash the bios to another brand?

Another issue may be Legacy clover build can be hard to get working in Mojave, UEFI boot is much easier.    Unless you have had it working in the past with intel it may be better to go with Clover UEFI.   Mojave now requires APFS mode which favors UEFI.

Hmm...

I did not think of it, I currently have the High Sierra 10.13.3 installed and functional with the HD 7770, however I believe the problem is in my UEFI BIOS, my motherboard ends up not supporting uefi bios, I will having to be absent in the project until there is a solution hahaha, thanks for the tips!

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, gudelgado_ said:

Hmm...

I did not think of it, I currently have the High Sierra 10.13.3 installed and functional with the HD 7770, however I believe the problem is in my UEFI BIOS, my motherboard ends up not supporting uefi bios, I will having to be absent in the project until there is a solution hahaha, thanks for the tips!

Try to stick with it and help to create a solution.  Check the Mojave threads on this forum for Legscy bios builds.   You may be able to get Enoch or chameleon to work as well.    I followed the early release of Mojave beta and when the official version came out it broke the Legacy builds.  There may be a solution now, check into it.   Clover team may have fixed it or will soon.   

If your 7770 works with acceleration then you should be ok in Mojave, it’s just that many XFX cards have a custom bios.   If yours doesn’t that’s great.   

Confirmed not working. Not sure what exactly is broken, most likely cuz I'm using 10.14.2. I couldn't hunt down a 10.14.1 install image.

using shanee's kernel, prelinkedkernel.bits

without -v: boots to white background grey apple logo then immediately reboots

with -v: boots to language selection then either reboots or says installer pkgs missing

with kcsuffix=boot and prelinkedkernel.boot: "Attempting System Reboot"

How I made installer USB:

downloaded mojave from app store on HS. used diskutility to restore base system.dmg. copied over packages folder, kernel into a Kernels folder in System/Library, all my kexts from 10.13 and IONetworking kext into S/L/E on USB, copied clover from HDD to USB EFI. (Drivers: apfs, Aptiomemfix, CsmVideo, Datahub, FSInject, HFSPlus, NTFS, SMCHelper)

Not sure what I'm doing wrong or how to fix it, just decided to stick with HS until the final amdmojave release

MB: ASUS Prime B350-PLUS

CPU: Ryzen 5 1400

SSD: Crucial MX550 128GB MSATA in SATA adapter

HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB with TimeMachine and Data partitions(I'm an amateur music producer)

GPU: Zotac Nvidia GTX760 2GB

UPDATE: Saw foxlet's github link and downloaded it. Found a link to 10.14.1 DMG so downloading it. Gonna give it one more go with the 10.14.1 DMG and foxlet's stuffs.

UPDATE: The 10.14.1 I downloaded was just the update not the full install. Ugh.

Edited by pixelkid94

2 hours ago, pixelkid94 said:

Confirmed not working. Not sure what exactly is broken, most likely cuz I'm using 10.14.2. I couldn't hunt down a 10.14.1 install image.

using shanee's kernel, prelinkedkernel.bits

without -v: boots to white background grey apple logo then immediately reboots

with -v: boots to language selection then either reboots or says installer pkgs missing

with kcsuffix=boot and prelinkedkernel.boot: "Attempting System Reboot"

How I made installer USB:

downloaded mojave from app store on HS. used diskutility to restore base system.dmg. copied over packages folder, kernel into a Kernels folder in System/Library, all my kexts from 10.13 and IONetworking kext into S/L/E on USB, copied clover from HDD to USB EFI. (Drivers: apfs, Aptiomemfix, CsmVideo, Datahub, FSInject, HFSPlus, NTFS, SMCHelper)

Not sure what I'm doing wrong or how to fix it, just decided to stick with HS until the final amdmojave release

MB: ASUS Prime B350-PLUS

CPU: Ryzen 5 1400

SSD: Crucial MX550 128GB MSATA in SATA adapter

HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB with TimeMachine and Data partitions(I'm an amateur music producer)

GPU: Zotac Nvidia GTX760 2GB

UPDATE: Saw foxlet's github link and downloaded it. Found a link to 10.14.1 DMG so downloading it. Gonna give it one more go with the 10.14.1 DMG and foxlet's stuffs.

UPDATE: The 10.14.1 I downloaded was just the update not the full install. Ugh.

14.2 works for me, rename prelinkedkernel  remove the bits and period...

1 hour ago, Gigamaxx said:

14.2 works for me, rename prelinkedkernel  remove the bits and period...

Trying that now... After restoring 14.2 to USB and using OsxAptio2 it left me at ++++++++++++

Prelinkedkernel(removed .bits) is in /S/L/Prelinkedkernels now but there is no /S/L/Kernels... is the kernel for AFTER the install?

update: booting with prelinkedkernel gives me this error

”couldn’t allocate runtime area”

update:switched to aptiomemfix. Now it boots through verbose until applecpumanagement line then vomits for a second then reboots 

Edited by pixelkid94

4 hours ago, Gigamaxx said:

Try to stick with it and help to create a solution.  Check the Mojave threads on this forum for Legscy bios builds.   You may be able to get Enoch or chameleon to work as well.    I followed the early release of Mojave beta and when the official version came out it broke the Legacy builds.  There may be a solution now, check into it.   Clover team may have fixed it or will soon.   

If your 7770 works with acceleration then you should be ok in Mojave, it’s just that many XFX cards have a custom bios.   If yours doesn’t that’s great.   

Thanks Gigamaxx, I'll check and bring news!

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, pixelkid94 said:

Trying that now... After restoring 14.2 to USB and using OsxAptio2 it left me at ++++++++++++

Prelinkedkernel(removed .bits) is in /S/L/Prelinkedkernels now but there is no /S/L/Kernels... is the kernel for AFTER the install?

update: booting with prelinkedkernel gives me this error

”couldn’t allocate runtime area”

update:switched to aptiomemfix. Now it boots through verbose until applecpumanagement line then vomits for a second then reboots 

Try nullcpumanagementkext in clover/Kexts/Other folder where the FakeSMCkext should be.

11 minutes ago, Gigamaxx said:

Try nullcpumanagementkext in clover/Kexts/Other folder where the FakeSMCkext should be.

With fakesmc it got through verbose mode gave me grey background and cursor then went to loading bar with black ground and got to point in picture then rebooted. 

5DBB9B23-5FA0-46EE-9779-2A88DFD7D66C.jpeg

1 hour ago, pixelkid94 said:

I forgot about fakesmc 

-facepalm-

I would suggest using AptioMemoryFix (from AptioFixPKG), the latest Clover, and VirtualSMC.kext + Lilu.kext, as FakeSMC didn't pass DSMOS on some of my test machines. If you're using my kernel and get a yellow/black screen, make sure to get b5 or newer (has graphics fix).

• Like 3

7 hours ago, foxlet said:

I would suggest using AptioMemoryFix (from AptioFixPKG), the latest Clover, and VirtualSMC.kext + Lilu.kext, as FakeSMC didn't pass DSMOS on some of my test machines. If you're using my kernel and get a yellow/black screen, make sure to get b5 or newer (has graphics fix).

I’m using your b5 release with aptiomemoryfix and latest clover. Downloaded virtualsmc and lilu today. Will try again when I get home from work

Edited by pixelkid94

On 12/14/2018 at 1:54 PM, foxlet said:

Thanks for your advice here.

After using AptioMemoryFix.efi My Ryzen 1700X hackintosh can boot to desktop at 10.14.1 (18B57c) now.

Both Firefox, Geekbench 4 and CINEBENCH R15 working smoothly.

Many other app got crashed.

Shutdown will cause reboot instead of power off.

Wake up from S3 sleep worked.

sysctl -a was attached.

10.14.1.txt

At 10.14.2 or 10.14.3 beta1 it can boot to desktop, but unable to load AMD8000Controller.kext and broke HDMI audio from AMD 7950 GPU.

[Edit]

After replaced with IONetworkingFamily.kext it can load AMD8000Controller.kext & HDMI audio from 7950 working now.

But the same method can not fix 10.14.3 beta yet !

10.14.2.txt

Edited by jsl2000
  • Like 1

On 12/13/2018 at 6:13 AM, gudelgado_ said:

My Setup.

20181212_175555.jpg

I got the same error as yours in my FX-6300 hackintosh too.

Both legacy Clover and Enoch booting got the same KP due to AppleACPIPlatform(6.1) error which should be caused by incompatible kernel instead of bootloader or GPU/CPU.

On 12/18/2018 at 8:43 AM, jsl2000 said:

I got the same error as yours in my FX-6300 hackintosh too.

Both legacy Clover and Enoch booting got the same KP due to AppleACPIPlatform(6.1) error which should be caused by incompatible kernel instead of bootloader or GPU/CPU.

try this kernel and prelinkedkernel.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/87740zzdrmxkp9c/XLNC_fx.zip?dl=0

• Like 2