AMD Mojave Kernel Development and Testing

Shaneee

263 posts in this topic

Mojave 10.14.4 beta 3 working with Kernel and Appstore, Safari are working fine.   However, RX 480 showing as display 7mb.   Will test other GPUs.  

Update:   No luck with other GPUs, GT710, RX Vega 64, RX 460, R7 265.   

Screen Shot 2019-02-24 at 12.19.39 PM.png

Edited by Gigamaxx
  • Like 2

@Shaneee Are you able to run some kind of VM? (VmWare, Virtualbox, Parallels) - I can not run any of the available options.

Parallels freezes the OS when it tries to start Ubuntu. VMWare says it can not read "symbols" and other errors.

I made a post here => https://forum.amd-osx.com/viewtopic.php?f=55&t=6234

This can be Kernel related? I've csrutil disabled but all I've found to fix Virtualbox didn't worked. That's odd.

Cheers.

14 minutes ago, Micheldiz said:

@Shaneee Are you able to run some kind of VM? (VmWare, Virtualbox, Parallels) - I can not run any of the available options.

Parallels freezes the OS when it tries to start Ubuntu. VMWare says it can not read "symbols" and other errors.

I made a post here => https://forum.amd-osx.com/viewtopic.php?f=55&t=6234

This can be Kernel related? I've csrutil disabled but all I've found to fix Virtualbox didn't worked. That's odd.

Cheers.

yea ! the latest versions of these apps are not working 
use vmware fusion 10.1.5
also you have to downgrade parallels too.
and i found that the latest version of virtual box is working.

Edited by XLNC
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, XLNC said:

yea ! the latest versions of these apps are not working 
use vmware fusion 10.1.5
also you have to downgrade parallels too.
and i found that the latest version of virtual box is working.

1422806625_CapturadeTela2019-03-01as22_08_27.png.9cff1ef050cadf935e76653f0cb618ae.png

Actually, I was using this version now. I've tested several versions. I have a .DMGs mountain here. I have tested almost all versions of VirtualBox 5 and 6 (including the latest and the dev versions - always using the VB uninstall tool). I just did not test Parallels that much. I test 14.1.2 (45479) and the oldest one I could download. Parallels just freeze and I have to force reboot.

I did not succeed in either cases.

I wanted to see if anyone has any VM running, to see if I'm an isolated case.

Cheers.

UPDATE: (1 hour later)
I ware able to install and run Parallels 13.1.0 (43108) BUT I wasn't able to use boot camp, nor Docker ISO (default iso or VMware's Photon version) worked.
It has "kernel panic" - it can open normaly, but as soon it try to install docker it panic.

at least I know I can run a VM...

UPDATE: (a day later)

I've successfully run Virtualbox. Do not ask me how, because I would also like to know... I did A LOT of things.

But I think it had to do with safe mode (-x), disable SIP, add Virtual Box in "Security and Privacy / Accessibility" and also "Full Access to Disk". I GUESS! that was it.

1416203719_CapturadeTela2019-03-02as12_36_14.png.e1ff6c035b0e09e9566c65a973564921.png

Edited by Micheldiz

6 hours ago, amplebasilisk said:

Hello Everyone! What is the latest Kernals I can use with AMD-FX8370 and RX 580 GPU? Also, do we have a green light to update to Mojave 14.4.4?

Thanks!

https://github.com/Shaneee92/Mojave_AMD_XNU/releases

Only 10.14.1 is recommended. Wait for kernel source updates to update the system, https://opensource.apple.com/

• Thanks 1

Update on Mojave 14.4 beta 4

I got my graphics working but they are at 1/2 potential.   Luxmark is normal but Geekbench Compute and Uningine Valley are half scores.

tested Vega 64, RX 480, and Radeon VII.   I updated to latest beta and replaced the kernel and prekernel from Shanee repository.   Last time I was using XNLC packet.

I noticed that the Systemkext is not loading it says "not signed"?

Safari and App Store still working.

Vega 64 14.4 beta 4 Ryzen 5 2400g.png

Screen Shot 2019-03-09 at 10.53.52 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-03-09 at 10.18.33 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-03-09 at 10.47.45 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-03-09 at 10.14.43 AM.png

Edited by Gigamaxx
  • Like 2

On 3/17/2019 at 8:20 AM, AlGrey said:

Zen deserves having Siri.

Stock 10.14.1 patched in binary for Zen. Beta version. 

Enjoy.

kernel.algrey.zip

EDIT :  iMessage, FaceTime, and Home are working too !

is it compatible for amd a10 5800k?

On 1/5/2019 at 7:59 PM, Shaneee said:

What we've seen before is this image is the result of not modifying the install plist. Either run this in Terminal from the installer replacing VOLUME NAME with the disk Mojave is installed to,

sed -i '' 's/auth-//g' /Volumes/"VOLUME NAME"/macOS\ Install\ Data/Locked\ Files/Boot\ Files/com.apple.Boot.plist

Or modifying the plist file manually and just remove the auth- part your self.

I cant boot becouse issue ++++++++++++++++++++++

how i can changing the com.apple.Boot.plist file. I need made the permissions Read & Write for  that file.  com.apple.boot.plist

On 3/20/2019 at 1:20 PM, Trainspoting said:

I cant boot becouse issue ++++++++++++++++++++++

how i can changing the com.apple.Boot.plist file. I need made the permissions Read & Write for  that file.  com.apple.boot.plist

Copy the file to the desktop, modify and replace. Although this isn't needed now if using vanilla kernel with Clover patches.