[Guide] Gigabyte GA-Z370N-WIFI + i7 8700K + UHD 630 + Mojave 10.14.6

ludufre

66 posts in this topic

On 10/6/2018 at 8:16 PM, ludufre said:

Need SSDT patch in the folder /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched/

- Download the SSDT-EC.aml, SSDT-UIAC.aml and SSDT-USBX attached bellow.

This are only for your specific motherboard or can be used with another z370 gigabyte. The problems with the glitches on DP are only related with the SMBIOS. I changed mine for iMac19,1 and monitor and display port are ok now no glitches and max frequency 144MHz. if you want you can PM in Portuguese.

Edited by btoemc

• 2 months later...
7 hours ago, grandiaren said:

Hi,My 10.14.6 was perfect when I used this dsdt and config. But when I update to 10.15.0, My computer could not boot into system, the progress bar ended and the computer was auto tured off.

Try this: 

Hi @Allan

Actually I'm in a quest right now. I'm using iMac18,1 on Catalina.

Tried iMac18,2, iMac19,1 and iMac19.2. And I'm don't remember any differences.

I did not update this guide anymore because I very disappointed with this hardware.

- I have issues with HDMI audio conflicting with my 4k monitor (https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/339104-gigabyte-z370n-wifi-applealc-screen-glitch/)

- Instant wake-up from sleep (followed several guides about framebuffer patching)

- DW1560 stopping work when my monitor in 4k/60hz resolution (4k/30hz the wireless work perfectly)

- HDMI/DP hotpluging causing system to blackscreen until reboot (tryed somes HDMI hotplugin patch without success too).

At least I don't have performance issues. It's pretty fast.

I had some desktop hackintosh and notebooks in last years and this is the only one with I had unsolved issues and give up asking for help. 

I spent my contract termination (aka FGTS) at that time to buy this :(

[pt-BR translation]
Na verdade, estou em uma missão agora. Estou usando o iMac18,1 na Catalina.

Tentei iMac18,2, iMac19,1 e iMac19.2. E não me lembro de nenhuma diferença.

Não atualizei mais este guia porque fiquei muito desapontado com esse hardware.

- Eu tenho problemas com o áudio HDMI em conflito com o meu monitor 4k (https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/339104-gigabyte-z370n-wifi-applealc-screen-glitch/)

- Despertar instantâneo do sleep (seguiu vários guias sobre o patch do framebuffer)

- DW1560 parando de funcionar quando meu monitor em resolução de 4k / 60hz (4k / 30hz o wireless funciona perfeitamente)

- Hotplugin HDMI / DP, fazendo com que o sistema fique na tela preta até a reinicialização (tentei algum patch de hotplugin HDMI sem sucesso também).

Pelo menos não tenho problemas de performance. É bem rápido.

Eu tive alguns hackintosh e notebooks de mesa nos últimos anos e este é o único com problemas não resolvidos e desisti de pedir ajuda.

Gastei a rescisão do meu contrato (FGTS) naquela época para comprar :(

Edited by ludufre
  • Sad 1

Hello @ludufre

currently, there is no guide out there dealing with Catalina 10.15.1 on Z370N WiFi. I'm having trouble putting my iGPU system to sleep or even shut it down. If you made the effort to update your guide and provide a ready-to-use EFI folder, I'd be very grateful.

Best

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi, I reconfigured my GA-Z370N-WIFI/i7-8700 following your guide. I use a DW1820a BCM94350ZAE card for WIFI and BT. I did a complete reinstall because in my previous attempt following other instructions some things did not work. Now it performs better. I just run into some problems with USB and BT (possibly related to each other);

My 1U rack case for the Hackintosh has a USB2 and a USB3 port in the case. I noticed strange behaviour when using either of these ports. When connecting a USB keyboard to either of these ports the LEDs on the keyboard start flashing. Checking the USB ports using Hackintool I see that when the keyboard is connected to the front USB2 port it intermittently connects to ports HS01 and HS12, and when connect to the front USB3 port it switches between HS02 and HS11. Hence the flashing LEDs...

When I connect a USB3 Drive to the same front USB3 port it mounts (on SS02) and works fine. When connecting the drive to the front USB2 it is visible in Hackintool on port HS01, but doesn't mount and isn't visible in Osx disk utility.

Bluetooth also has issues as in intermittently connects and disconnects my Apple Magic 1 keyboard and trackpad.

Who has some ideas that could help me in the right direction?

Attached a zip file containing EFI/CLOVER/ACPI, .../kexts and config.plist of my setup (for file size purposes I deleted the other folders as I never touched or changed them)

EFI-Z370N.zip

Edited by willefg
Added Zip

• 2 months later...

@ludufre I've used this guide about a year ago, I'd say that about 95% is working great (for some reason, the os just crashes every day or two, but I don't mind).

the question, can I simply upgrade it to Catalina? if so, how do I do that?

or I have to do a clean install?

• 1 year later...

Hi folks,

I have a build that I made with an Aorus z370 Gaming 5 board. This was my main rig for a number of years until a power surge blew the board.

I bought the GA-Z370N WIFI in an attempt to keep going with my current build, and everything works fine except I can't get my wifi/bluetooth dongle working.

I decided to bite the bullet and buy a BCM94360CS out of a macbook, but the edge connector is a mini-pci, and the GA-z370N-WIFI uses the M.2 NGFF type of slot. 

Where you you guys get the adaptor for this? I see many adaptors on ebay the other way around, but not for what is needed here.

Cheers