66 posts in this topic

Hello,

my setup is a bit different from yours:

- Gigabyte z370N

- i5-8600

- Samsung EVO 970

- G.Skill 16GB

- wifi BCM94352Z

followed your exact instructions but stuck at booting from USB drive.

When I boot up, I choose USB disk and get the CBM and choose install MAC from USB. I see a white apple logo for about few seconds and then it just reboots.

Enabled verbose boot log, please see attached - i can't figure out nothing from it.

WhatsApp Image 2018-10-28 at 20.27.32.jpeg

We should probably wait for the new Mac Mini 2018 macOS build as it uses HDMI 2.0 and DP while featuring the exact same desktop coffee lake cpus that we're using.

currently downloading 10.14.1 build 18B2107 from apple to see if there is something of interest in there..

• Thanks 1

Hi everyone, I'm just going to tell you that I'm kind of abandoning this project. The macOS is only starting with the BIOS / EFI in the F1 version, but in this version I have problems with the memory modules that compels me to use F2 up. I tried all Aptio drivers imaginable, but to no success. From now on I will have to accept running macOS in Windows VMware :(

Re: the DP here is how I got mine working on 2 separate instances. I may be helpful to someone.

Went through the install process and all using the htmi, plugged the DP and I got the second display. Took out the hdmi and left with only DP display working.

On boot the DP goes off...but if I wait few seconds till the boot process reaches the login screen turns on again and it works ok. 

On 10/29/2018 at 12:04 AM, kisyu said:

Hello,

my setup is a bit different from yours:

- Gigabyte z370N

- i5-8600

- Samsung EVO 970

- G.Skill 16GB

- wifi BCM94352Z

followed your exact instructions but stuck at booting from USB drive.

When I boot up, I choose USB disk and get the CBM and choose install MAC from USB. I see a white apple logo for about few seconds and then it just reboots.

Enabled verbose boot log, please see attached - i can't figure out nothing from it.

WhatsApp Image 2018-10-28 at 20.27.32.jpeg

Hi,

I had the exact same issue that you have after using for a few days.

Even my macOS installer was stuck at ---End Randomseed----- too. I thought it was an issue with kexts or any files in driver64UEFI. I even spent 2 days blaming and resetting my BIOS, but I was wrong since the culprit was config.plist

I made some changes in the config.plist file generated by Clover EFI Bootloader along with what was recommended in the OP. I don't remember the exact changes since I was just testing it out to make it work somehow.

I even updated my BIOS to F10 & it works without any issue.

Anyway, attaching my config.plist. Try replacing it with yours & if any luck it might just work.

config.plist

This is my new Macmini8,1 config. Missing SMBIOS values are:

• FirmwareFeatures
  • FirmwareFeaturesMask
  • PlatformFeature
  • BiosVersion

I did add values in SSDT-2-A M I to match the original Macmini8,1 such as

• graphic-options
  • AAPL,gray-value
  • AAPL,gray-page
  • AAPL,GfxYTile
  • AAPL,ig-platform-id

I also did remove Whatevergreen.kext. BIOS is still F5 (settings are unchanged from my previous post).

The original Macmini8,1 was running 10.14.1 (18B75) with ig-platform-id 0x3e9b0007.

CLOVER.zip

Edited by TheMaxx32000
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, TheMaxx32000 said:

• FirmwareFeatures
  • FirmwareFeaturesMask
  • PlatformFeature
  • BiosVersion

• graphic-options
  • AAPL,gray-value
  • AAPL,gray-page
  • AAPL,GfxYTile
  • AAPL,ig-platform-id

I also did remove Whatevergreen.kext. BIOS is still F5 (settings are unchanged from my previous post).

The original Macmini8,1 was running 10.14.1 (18B75) with ig-platform-id 0x3e9b0007.

CLOVER.zip

I'm getting this using this clover

IMG_20181107_170235.jpg

IMG_20181107_170242.jpg

Edited by registracii

Typical of what happens when you loose your USB 2 or 3.

Trying different USB ports sometimes will sometimes kick it back to life, meaning some USB ports may still be working.

You need to make a custom SSDT for your USB ports or customise USBInjectAll.kext

Good luck

12 hours ago, khamsakamal48 said:

Seems like you are using USB 3.0 port during installation, are you? If so, try with a USB 2.0 port.

12 hours ago, STLVNUB said:

Typical of what happens when you loose your USB 2 or 3.

Trying different USB ports sometimes will sometimes kick it back to life, meaning some USB ports may still be working.

You need to make a custom SSDT for your USB ports or customise USBInjectAll.kext

Good luck

Sorry I had to give more info. I have Mojave installed already. This is not installation, I'm just booting. There's no usb involved that's why I decided to share. 

Edited by registracii

On 11/7/2018 at 12:11 PM, TheMaxx32000 said:

• FirmwareFeatures
  • FirmwareFeaturesMask
  • PlatformFeature
  • BiosVersion

• graphic-options
  • AAPL,gray-value
  • AAPL,gray-page
  • AAPL,GfxYTile
  • AAPL,ig-platform-id

CLOVER.zip

@TheMaxx32000 Thank you, dude! Thank you very much! Finally I was able to start without getting stuck in the F1 BIOS, I am currently in F10!

Now, as I like to learn things, I'm going to extract my original DSDT / SSDT and find out which patches you applied by comparing the .AML files. I like to leave everything documented.

I'm just having problems now that my BCM94352Z wireless card and my NVME disk are not recognizing it, but I'll fix later. That is not a big problem.

Thank you, again.

On 11/7/2018 at 3:09 PM, registracii said:

I'm getting this using this clover

IMG_20181107_170235.jpg

IMG_20181107_170242.jpg

I have the same issue if not put de ACPI/patched folder provided by TheMaxx32000. Or you have a different processor?

• 2 months later...

Hi there,

I have managed to install hackintosh on my computer finally. But I ma having black screen flickering issues, and none of the DP outs work on, I am not sure what to do about about. My specs are:

Mobo: Z370n WiFI

CPU: i7 9700K

GPU: AMD RX 580 OEM version

Storage: Samsung 970EVO

Any sort of help is appreciated.

On 2/2/2019 at 12:20 PM, gizlin said:

Hi there,

I have managed to install hackintosh on my computer finally. But I ma having black screen flickering issues, and none of the DP outs work on, I am not sure what to do about about. My specs are:

Mobo: Z370n WiFI

CPU: i7 9700K

GPU: AMD RX 580 OEM version

Storage: Samsung 970EVO

Any sort of help is appreciated.

If you are using same SMBIOS as me then the problem is with de AMD graphic injection.

With that I can not help.

• Like 1

On 10/18/2018 at 3:25 AM, TheMaxx32000 said:

Hi @Luan Eduardo

please find my clover folder attached – I set up everything to use as little patching as possible.

DP and secondary eth work (needs modded FakePCIID_Intel_GbX.kext + SmallTreeIntel82576.kext) – running in dual-4k@60hz over here.

Also added ig-platform-id through ssdt-2 and some cosmetics (built-ins, device names etc).

Also all USB ports, including the front USB3.0 ones, work as expected.

Credits to @MaLd0n for the initial patched dsdt-version.

CLOVER.zip

screenshot_dual4k60.thumb.png.e892d2d45790e027af974ef00b7b3139.pngscreenshot_dual4k60-2.thumb.png.022d6070b57dee1a8801da2c47f1ce1a.png

Did you ever figure out if you still need whatevergreen and FakePCIID_Intel_GbX.kext for the display port to work? Also, how is the Mac Mini 8,1 SMBIOS vs the iMac 18,1?

• 2 months later...

Hi, i have a strange issue with HDMI audio (seems regardless of which port i use).

i use an HDMI switch to cycle between various devices, one of which is my hack. if i put the hack to sleep without hdmi output connected, i have no HDMI audio after i wake up the machine. the issue persists, even re-attaching the cable wont help, so i have to reboot to get back sound.

the issue can be replicated by simply unplugging the hdmi cable before the putting the machine to sleep.

i am using layout-id=7 and the most recent versions of Lilu, AppleALC and WhatEverGreen (as of this post). I also played around with darkwave but this does not make any difference (currently set to 8).

besides this issue, hdmi is working fine, even when i put the machine to sleep with leaving the monitor attached. i am wondering if u could do me a favor and briefly test the above scenario.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...