Leopard hacked!

rescuedog

148 posts in this topic

I think it´s too early and now Apple can still make a move to improve it´s security.

Too bad for us, hackintosh users.

Apple cannot change TPM unit.

Millions computers are already sold.

Probably, they will add some more ciphered files.

IMHO, the Community will find solution of this problem. :angel:

I call mister Jobs to not spoil the operating system different nonsenses.

It is useless!

Guest goodtime
Nah. This is not interesting, we can communicate on English, and no one don't want to use online translator?

I don't see any reason to use Leopard now, it's beta and maybe unstable.

Why use a translator? If everyone spoke one's and zero's we won't need a translator for anything. For now the only common business language is English. Why should we learn Russian just because a russian cracked the kernel? Anyone can speak any language and can install and use a kernel. Is a kernel care if we speak English, Russian or another Language? I don't think so, as long as it communicates to your computer that's all it needs to do. If a martian cracked 10.6, should we all start reading the Martian Chronicles? I didn't think so.

Let's move on. Seriously, if a Russian Hacker did crack this thing, congrats comrade.

gt

I strongly suggest you hackers keep this version amongst yourselves until Apple releases the final version. Why? So they cannot see how you circumnavigated their protection mechanism. We should rather be patient now, I think that pays off in the end.

I AGREE WITH U

Now, nothing to do better than waiting... :)

1) Mifki/ Vitalyi was part of this

2) JaS was sent a copy of the new Leo Kernel

--> it is definitely NOT a hoax. Please read through topics more THOROUGHLY before posting RUMOURS .. :)

Mifki sure was part of it since it is exactly the same monitor when 10.4.8 was cracked...

(http://mifki.freeflux.net/files/_galleries/gallery/DSC_9850a.JPG)

And JaS, do you got some results to share ;) ?

btw. have you guys noticed the startup notice from the first image?

"if you widh to boot the system:

exit"

Please bear in mind that Leopard is still in beta and thus subject to strict non-disclosure.

Whilst discussion of such a newsworthy event is clearly legitimate, I would recommend that people refrain from naming names & certainly from using this forum to attempt to aquire these files.

well observed, interesting. Probably a new feature of the 10.5 kernel? Just typing exit boots into the GUI?

It happened here when I was trying to fix a problem with Neopheus uninstaller.

Exit loaded the GUI at single user mode

Earlier, people where debating wether or not moding leopard was legal. I wnt to the apple store and asked them. the employes always said that to modd leopard to run on a g3 or to a pc would be punishable by a large fine $$$

Soundless, that purely depends on what country you're in.

Hacking isn't illegal in all countries of the world.

Also, its the same for doing it to a retail release of OS X.

No that is jsut a part of the truth. To hack Leopard, you must obtain a pirated copy of it. For this copy you can really be sued, even in countrys like russia. In big cases even in china they care about copyright. This is the reason why better stay off from Leo (and hacking it) in the public. ^_^

So hacking Leopard, can get you really in trouble anywhere and it's not something to feel safe about. That's ym opinon about it. I think it's not worth risking anything for the hype of a still more or less broken beta Os. Being sued for copyright infrigments can really ruin your life, the word is still a capitalistic empire .

There is much done in a legal or grey sector with recent, stable OS, and this is safe. :blink:

Hacking a unfinished beta is technical intresting but not worth to cry about much since I think, Apple has not shown any protection yet (if there ever will be one...). :)

No that is jsut a part of the truth. To hack Leopard, you must obtain a pirated copy of it. For this copy you can really be sued, even in countrys like russia. In big cases even in china they care about copyright. This is the reason why better stay off from Leo (and hacking it) in the public. :ninja:

So hacking Leopard, can get you really in trouble anywhere and it's not something to feel safe about. That's ym opinon about it. I think it's not worth risking anything for the hype of a still more or less broken beta Os. Being sued for copyright infrigments can really ruin your life, the word is still a capitalistic empire .

There is much done in a legal or grey sector with recent, stable OS, and this is safe. :D

Hacking a unfinished beta is technical intresting but not worth to cry about much since I think, Apple has not shown any protection yet (if there ever will be one...). :P

then apple can sue almost everybody here in leo forum.. or for example jas - his sig says he installed leo on mac pro, I don't thik he subscribed to adc.. or maybe you know somebody sued for using pirated (and hacked) pre-release vista?

then apple can sue almost everybody here in leo forum.. or for example jas - his sig says he installed leo on mac pro, I don't thik he subscribed to adc.. or maybe you know somebody sued for using pirated (and hacked) pre-release vista?

Basicly "using" and activly "cracking" and "spreading" pirated software is a HUGE diffrence. Oh and yes, there were people sued for Vista as well as for Leopard. If a legal department sues people for just showing screens, you really think, it's on the save side to crack this thing and do things like promoting it?

Maybe even if in some countrys copyrigth is not that enforced, but this is not XY software, this is apple and they even got offices and layers in any place of the world. I think a lot of people take it to easy with Leopard atm.

Guest BuildSmart

With all this talk of cracking Leo, anyone interested in obtaining it would be hard pressed to obtain the kernel or the modified Installer DVD since demoind doesn't have a torrent for it so if they can't get it the talk is kind of a moot point and doesn't lend to the credibility of it's existance.