Intel Framebuffer patching using WhateverGreen

headkaze
486 posts in this topic

I think you should assume you don't. At the very least though you should choose an ig-platform-id suitable for your system and place it in config.plist/Devices/Properties.
Yeah I'm already using 0x0A260006 but I don't have any of the values like you posted in your example screen shot a couple of posts ago.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, SavageAUS said:

Yeah I'm already using 0x0A260006 but I don't have any of the values like you posted in your example screen shot a couple of posts ago.

I updated my post to elaborate a bit more on some scenarios where extra patching might be necessary but for most people WhateverGreen does most of the work automatically.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, tikizondo94 said:

Attached below. Framebuffer docent seem to be loading still. And its going for that 59178086. 

Sorry my screenshot is wrong that it includes device-id in the annotation. The device-id entry is not the same as AAPL,ig-platform-id which appears to be set correctly.

Can you please add -liludbgall and -wegdbg boot args and use debug versions of both Lilu + WhateverGreen and then post the output from the log as outlined at the end of post #1. You can add >log.txt to the end of the log command to output a file to your home directory to attach here instead of a screenshot.

Edited by headkaze

Sorry my screenshot is wrong that it includes device-id in the annotation. The device-id entry is not the same as AAPL,ig-platform-id which appears to be set correctly.

Can you please add -liludbgall and -wegdbg boot args and use debug versions of both Lilu + WhateverGreen and then post the output from the log as outlined at the end of post #1. You can add >log.txt to the end of the log command to output a file to your home directory to attach here instead of a screenshot.
Will do, I'll get you a log when I get home. Thanks again for your help man. I really do appreciate it.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, headkaze said:

Heres my current log. Attached below

log.txt

1 minute ago, tikizondo94 said:

Sure. Added new kexts. Clover/Kexts/Other. New Log attached. 

log2.txt

Please try attached and post log again.

Also let's add a device-id to your Devices/Properties section in config.plist:

<key>device-id</key>

<data>FlkAAA==</data>

Verify that device-id shows as Data <16 59 00 00> in IORegistryExplorer.

Lilu+WhateverGreen.zip

16 minutes ago, headkaze said:

Please try attached and post log again.

Also let's add a device-id to your Devices/Properties section in config.plist:

<key>device-id</key>

<data>FlkAAA==</data>

Verify that device-id shows as Data <16 59 00 00> in IORegistryExplorer.

Lilu+WhateverGreen.zip

Added new Lilu and WhateverGreen, Added Device ID and Data to Devices/Properties. Now boot locks at IOScreenLockState. 

IMG_20180726_165826.jpg

22 minutes ago, tikizondo94 said:

Added new Lilu and WhateverGreen, Added Device ID and Data to Devices/Properties. Now boot locks at IOScreenLockState. 

Okay please remove device-id for now and just give me the log.

1 hour ago, tikizondo94 said:

Ok, removed device ID. Booted normally without QE/CI. attached are logs. 

AppleIntelFramebuffer_9_18.0

log3.txt

Sometimes the log output only occurs during boot. So add -v and liludelay=1000 boot flags then you will need to record the boot sequence with your phone to get the output. I guess you could upload the video to YouTube or something or take a series of photos.

PS I'm getting help on this one via vit9696 (author of Lilu + WhateverGreen) so he knows what he's talking about ;)

1 minute ago, headkaze said:

Sometimes the log output only occurs during boot. So add -v and liludelay=1000 boot flags then you will need to record the boot sequence with your phone to get the output. I guess you could upload the video to YouTube or something or take a series of photos.

PS I'm getting help on this one via vit9696 (author of Lilu + WhateverGreen) so he knows what he's talking about ;)

Awesomeness! Ill record a log in a bit and send you a link. I really appreciate it. Honestly I've never had this kinda problem with a hack before. This is way over my head. Im glad I've got some pros looking at it :)

23 minutes ago, headkaze said:

Ok, I hope you able to get what info you need from this video. I tried to record at 1080/60fps. Attached are my latest logs also. 

AppleIntelFramebuffer_9_18.0

log.txt

17 minutes ago, tikizondo94 said:

Ok, I hope you able to get what info you need from this video. I tried to record at 1080/60fps. Attached are my latest logs also. 

No, the liludelay=1000 boot flag should slow the output down so we can read it. It's going too fast.

No, the liludelay=1000 boot flag should slow the output down so we can read it. It's going too fast.
New video is coming. It worked this time. It's taking for ever to upload. I'll link it asap.

4 hours ago, Andrey1970 said:

Do not use integer format. Use data format.

It doesn't make a difference using integer format. Internally Clover will convert it to Data format.

I use integer in my examples because it's easier for people to read and they don't have to reverse the bytes. Some people prefer to use Data format. I say go with the format that you're most comfortable with.

FBPatch02.png

Edited by headkaze

9 hours ago, headkaze said:

Hopefully this one is better. It took about 10 minutes to finish lol. Big file when it was done. Sorry i took so long. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, tikizondo94 said:

Hopefully this one is better. It took about 10 minutes to finish lol. Big file when it was done. Sorry i took so long.

Definitely what we're looking for. I had a look at it and 4:30 is particularly interesting. It says "... has device-id 0x5917, you should change it to 0x5916". Which we tried and then you get the freeze at IOScreenLockState. Also the "getOSData framebuffer-XXX was not found" messages tells me the IORegistryEntry::getProperty() call is returning null. Anyway I don't have any ideas on what we can try right now so I've sent vit the relevant info. I'll post back here as soon as hear back from him.

Definitely what we're looking for. I had a look at it and 4:30 is particularly interesting. It says "... has device-id 0x5917, you should change it to 0x5916". Which we tried and then you get the freeze at IOScreenLockState. Also the "getOSData framebuffer-XXX was not found" messages tells me the IORegistryEntry::getProperty() call is returning null. Anyway I don't have any ideas on what we can try right now so I've sent vit the relevant info. I'll post back here as soon as hear back from him.
I appreciate it@headkaze. Yeah I noticed the constant 0x59178086 device ID calls. But the second you try to change to a 59168086 ID the IOScreenLockState starts. Again, I really appreciate the help

20 minutes ago, tikizondo94 said:

I appreciate it@headkaze. Yeah I noticed the constant 0x59178086 device ID calls. But the second you try to change to a 59168086 ID the IOScreenLockState starts. Again, I really appreciate the help emoji106.png

Actually those "getOSData framebuffer-XXX was not found" messages are normal. It just means they're not values you've set in Clover. Vit got me to add debug output in DeviceInfo::create() to make sure it was enumerating your PCI devices correctly and it looks like it is (you can see at about 1:20 where it outputs "DeviceInfo::create begin" and then "current device is ..."). Anyway as I said I'll get back to you when vit has a look.

EDIT: You can see in the log the Clover values are being set correctly (eg. "getOSData framebuffer-con0-flags has 90 value").

Edited by headkaze

2 hours ago, tikizondo94 said:

But the second you try to change to a 59168086 ID the IOScreenLockState starts.

I'm guessing this is the "Dell Inspiron 7370 Intel i7 8550u" in your sig? Can you try using a Coffee Lake ig-platform-id. See post #2 (under macOS 10.14 Beta 4 (18A336e), Coffee Lake).

I'm guessing this is the "Dell Inspiron 7370 Intel i7 8550u" in your sig? Can you try using a Coffee Lake ig-platform-id. See post #2 (under macOS 10.14 Beta 4 (18A336e), Coffee Lake).
Yeah thats the laptop. It's had this issue since the first day installing macos. I've tried Sierra, high Sierra, Mojave etc. All install flawless, but I've never got QE/CI to work. Currently I'm running 10.14 "18A336e". Should I also use a fake cpuID for coffee lake?