Intel UHD 620 QE/CI problems..

tikizondo94

146 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, bronxteck said:

have you tried playing with FB-Patcher app

Oh yeah, Ive been trying to use it for a good while now. Ive had a lot of help from headkaze recently. All in all we never did get QE/CI working on my machine. Im no pro at the app either. Its extremely powerful on what it can find and modify. 

Archive.zip

On 8/13/2018 at 5:55 AM, tikizondo94 said:

Oh yeah, Ive been trying to use it for a good while now. Ive had a lot of help from headkaze recently. All in all we never did get QE/CI working on my machine. Im no pro at the app either. Its extremely powerful on what it can find and modify. 

Archive.zip

I have the exact UHD 620 with same IDs as yours and same CPU but different computer HP Envy. i was able to get full QE/CI with fake id : 0x19168086 and ig-platform-id 0x19160002 but this cause shut down problem

1 hour ago, alkajam said:

I have the exact UHD 620 with same IDs as yours and same CPU but different computer HP Envy. i was able to get full QE/CI with fake id : 0x19168086 and ig-platform-id 0x19160002 but this cause shut down problem

Are you using a fakeCPUID? Those IDs are for Skylake and SKLFramebuffers. 

Also, Are you running High Sierra or Mojave?

9 hours ago, tikizondo94 said:

Are you using a fakeCPUID? Those IDs are for Skylake and SKLFramebuffers. 

Also, Are you running High Sierra or Mojave?

No fakeCPUID, and yes these ids for Skylake but they are the only one i was able to boot with full QE/CI. i am running both High Sierra and Mojave

Edited by alkajam

13 hours ago, alkajam said:

I know this is off-topic but I had the same shut-down problem once I got my video working.  I was able to fix it by removing the IntelGraphicsDVMTFixup.kext I had installed following a tutorial I read on this forum.  Also, if your HP Envy is the same as mine, I have video working with Kabylake ids.

47 minutes ago, mnfesq said:

I know this is off-topic but I had the same shut-down problem once I got my video working.  I was able to fix it by removing the IntelGraphicsDVMTFixup.kext I had installed following a tutorial I read on this forum.  Also, if your HP Envy is the same as mine, I have video working with Kabylake ids.

i was able to boot with Kabylake ids but no QE/CI. and i don't have IntelGraphicsDVMTFixup.kext installed. i will add my spec to the signature 

7 hours ago, alkajam said:

No fakeCPUID, and yes these ids for Skylake but they are the only one i was able to boot with full QE/CI. i am running both High Sierra and Mojave

Can you link me a copy of your config.plist?

3 minutes ago, alkajam said:

i am using Lilu and IntelGraphicsFixup

Its gotta be due to my eDP monitor connection. Ive tried both 19168086 and 19160002 and still always lock at IOScreenLockState. Ive also tried using the iMac SmBIOS to see if would make a difference due to them using an eDP monitor connection and it still does not allow me to get QE/CI. I can boot without QE/CI with just about every smbios theres is for iMac and MacBookPro, and Air. Still no matter what i cannot get QE/CI to load with KBL drivers. Ive tried both Whatevergreen and lilu kext process and injecting devicesIDs and PlatformIDs. Including connector patches and with no luck. Also the original intelgraphicsfixup and lilu process just get stuck at the IOScreenLockState. So im at a loss lol. 

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, tikizondo94 said:

Its gotta be due to my eDP monitor connection. Ive tried both 19168086 and 19160002 and still always lock at IOScreenLockState. Ive also tried using the iMac SmBIOS to see if would make a difference due to them using an eDP monitor connection and it still does not allow me to get QE/CI. I can boot without QE/CI with just about every smbios theres is for iMac and MacBookPro, and Air. Still no matter what i cannot get QE/CI to load with KBL drivers. Ive tried both Whatevergreen and lilu kext process and injecting devicesIDs and PlatformIDs. Including connector patches and with no luck. Also the original intelgraphicsfixup and lilu process just get stuck at the IOScreenLockState. So im at a loss lol. 

Did you tried FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext

1 minute ago, alkajam said:

Did you tried FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext

oh yes. Many times. This has been an ongoing battle. Ive had so much help from this forum and others on this problem. IM is an amazing community. Hopefully in the near future things may change or something new may come out??? All i can do is hope and wait :)

22 minutes ago, tikizondo94 said:

oh yes. Many times. This has been an ongoing battle. Ive had so much help from this forum and others on this problem. IM is an amazing community. Hopefully in the near future things may change or something new may come out??? All i can do is hope and wait :)

Dis you try to add the right patches and properties under ACPI and Devices to your config.plist with DSDT patched 

Edited by alkajam

On 8/18/2018 at 5:10 PM, mnfesq said:

Heres a IORegistry Output of my system using 59120000 as a platform ID. Gives me QE/CI only using an external display via HDMI port to a monitor. Using the whatevergreen patching method and smbios of an iMac 18,3. 

Paul’s MacBook Pro.zip

CLOVER.zip

Edited by tikizondo94

6 hours ago, tikizondo94 said:

Heres a IORegistry Output of my system using 59120000 as a platform ID. Gives me QE/CI only using an external display via HDMI port to a monitor. Using the whatevergreen patching method and smbios of an iMac 18,3. 

Paul’s MacBook Pro.zip

CLOVER.zip

Try this config, you have a messy one. and add this SSDT-PNLF.aml to clover/acpi/patched. also delete OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi from drivers64UEFI you don't need it with AptioMemoryFix-64.efi. also it doesn't show that you are using FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext try to install it to L/E

config.plist

SSDT-PNLF.aml

Edited by alkajam

12 hours ago, alkajam said:

Try this config, you have a messy one. and add this SSDT-PNLF.aml to clover/acpi/patched. also delete OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi from drivers64UEFI you don't need it with AptioMemoryFix-64.efi. also it doesn't show that you are using FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext try to install it to L/E

config.plist

SSDT-PNLF.aml

Still seems to lock at IOscreenLockState. Added Fakepciid and FakePCIIDintelgraphics to L/E. Removed WhateverGreen and added IntelGraphicsFixup kext. I can boot normally "without QE/CI" if i have injectintel set to false in clover. But once I set InjectIntel to true it locks. Device ID for IGPU always returns at 5917 instead of 5916. 

• 1 month later...
On 8/20/2018 at 5:20 PM, tikizondo94 said:

Still seems to lock at IOscreenLockState. Added Fakepciid and FakePCIIDintelgraphics to L/E. Removed WhateverGreen and added IntelGraphicsFixup kext. I can boot normally "without QE/CI" if i have injectintel set to false in clover. But once I set InjectIntel to true it locks. Device ID for IGPU always returns at 5917 instead of 5916. 

I do want to believe that this might solve your problem.

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/patch-coffee-lake-intel-uhd-graphics-630-on-macos-mojave-kernel-panic-due-to-divide-by-zero.261687/

Credits to Austere J. for finding this, this might help thousands of people.

Wish you best luck.

I do want to believe that this might solve your problem.

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/patch-coffee-lake-intel-uhd-graphics-630-on-macos-mojave-kernel-panic-due-to-divide-by-zero.261687/

Credits to Austere J. for finding this, this might help thousands of people.

Wish you best luck.
Looks like that may fix it. But currently I've moved to a different laptop. My son has that one now. Maybe I'll give it a try when he gets bored with it. Awesome find though and thanks for keeping me in mind :)

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

i installed mojave on my dell 7472 -- i5-8250u --intel uhd 620 and nvidia mx150 --boot suceesfully but the internal display not good--- cannot adjust to 1080p no Q1/Q2 acceleration about mac intel uhd 620--only 620MB ... how can i obtain full acceleration and 1080p resolution? please help