Intel UHD 620 QE/CI problems..

tikizondo94

146 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, besnik.rrustemi said:

@tikizondo94 Here are the files that i created for you.

First of all, remove all the kexts you installed.

copy the kext folder that i attached into desktop

open terminal and by these three commands below you install them with correct permissions and rebuild caches:

cd desktop/kexts

sudo cp -R *.kext /Library/Extensions/

sudo kextcache -i /

use the config.plist that i attached as it contains the hotpatch that i done for your laptop based on ACPI. (if you are using macOS Mojave) the Mojave DVMT patch is already enabled so no need to change anything at all.

I also added your patched EDID which is already enabled on the config.plisl

put the SSDT-IALL.aml into EFI/Clover/ACPI/Patched.

Reboot and see if QE/CI works

If QE/CI works fine with my files, then we can continue on fixing the rest like:

- Battery Status if it doesn't work OOB (check it after you boot)

- Audio

- HDMI Audio & HDMI Output

- USB Ports

Also make sure to write for me your Laptop model and the specs.

config.plist

SSDT-IALL.aml

kexts.zip

Followed all your intructions, all kexts in L/E. Removed all from Clover/Other/Kexts.. Replaced with attached config.plist and added SSDT-IALL.aml in ACPI/Patched. Got an auto reboot. Screen went black a few times during the apple logo boot process then auto reboot. Heres a verbose output from debug0x100. Also the specs to my current laptop are in my signature. Its the dell 7370..

IMG_20180708_130713.jpg

6 hours ago, besnik.rrustemi said:

@tikizondo94 Here are the files that i created for you.

First of all, remove all the kexts you installed.

copy the kext folder that i attached into desktop

open terminal and by these three commands below you install them with correct permissions and rebuild caches:

cd desktop/kexts

sudo cp -R *.kext /Library/Extensions/

sudo kextcache -i /

use the config.plist that i attached as it contains the hotpatch that i done for your laptop based on ACPI. (if you are using macOS Mojave) the Mojave DVMT patch is already enabled so no need to change anything at all.

I also added your patched EDID which is already enabled on the config.plisl

put the SSDT-IALL.aml into EFI/Clover/ACPI/Patched.

Reboot and see if QE/CI works

If QE/CI works fine with my files, then we can continue on fixing the rest like:

- Battery Status if it doesn't work OOB (check it after you boot)

- Audio

- HDMI Audio & HDMI Output

- USB Ports

Also make sure to write for me your Laptop model and the specs.

config.plist

SSDT-IALL.aml

kexts.zip

Followed all your intructions, all kexts in L/E. Removed all from Clover/Other/Kexts.. Replaced with attached config.plist and added SSDT-IALL.aml in ACPI/Patched. Got an auto reboot. Screen went black a few times during the apple logo boot process then auto reboot. Heres a verbose output from debug0x100.

On 7/2/2018 at 8:42 PM, mnfesq said:

I spent some time looking over your files. The most obvious issue I found was that you had changed GFX0 to IGPU in your DSDT but did not do so in SSDT-1.aml.  I fixed that by renaming GFX0 to IGPU in that SSDT.  I also patched your DSDT. I also think you may have over-did your patches in config.plist.  I try to be a minimalist.  I would rather add patches once problems have been detected rather than add what seem to be right without knowing that they are really needed.  In particular, I left the LAPIC patch enabled but I thought that was only an issue in older HP laptops, not Dell laptops.  Are you sure you need the LAPIC patch?  The folders in the attachment are the only ones in which I made changes.  Replace them (or the files) for the ones you are currently using.  Let me know how it goes and take a photo if you get a KP or are stuck in a place other than IOConsoleUser's . . . 

CLOVER.zip

Ok. Im back.. I tried your attached files. Still locking is a similar place. Im attaching my current output in verbose. I replaced with your config.plist, all your kexts and added the files in ACPI/Patched. Guys i really appreciate you all taking your time to help me. Sorry im being a pain..

IMG_20180708_131611.jpg

Edited by tikizondo94

16 hours ago, besnik.rrustemi said:

Its 3:26AM now, i will go to sleep, tomorrow when i wake up i will send you some files for testing, i have positive thinking that we should be able to solve your issue.

This is my current full configuration of my hardware. 

https://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/19/product-support/servicetag/2bhjqj2/configuration?ref=captchaseen

49 minutes ago, tikizondo94 said:

If you are on Public Beta 2 or 1, i found that the "MinStolenSize" patches have changed, so change it to this one:

KabyLake:

Name: com.apple.driver.AppleIntelKBLGraphicsFramebuffer
Find: 764648FF 05E25108
Replace: EB4648FF 05E25108

and test if laptop boots

Edited by "Sniki"

33 minutes ago, besnik.rrustemi said:

If you are on Public Beta 2, i found that the "MinStolenSize" patches have changed, so change it to this one:

KabyLake:

Name: com.apple.driver.AppleIntelKBLGraphicsFramebuffer
Find: 764648FF 05E25108
Replace: EB4648FF 05E25108

and test if laptop boots

This is with or without "MinStolenSize" Patch enabled/disabled. Still that same "NTFS" error..  

IMG_20180708_151111.jpg

IMG_20180708_150838.jpg

4 minutes ago, tikizondo94 said:

This is with or without "MinStolenSize" Patch enabled/disabled. Still that same "NTFS" error..  

IMG_20180708_151111.jpg

IMG_20180708_150838.jpg

You have an error with your NTFS Partition or vice versa

Just now, "Sniki" said:

You have an error with your NTFS Partition or vice versa

Im using GUID partition table. Partitioned for NTFS for windows on the first partition and MacOS Extended Journaled/APFS for the second for Mac. Single 512GB Samsung NVMe drive. Any ideas?

30 minutes ago, tikizondo94 said:

Heres my latest debug report if it helps at all. Still I've made no progress lol. 

debug_19882.zip

First of all, you DON'T have an NTFS problem.  The problem is a few lines up on your boot log - Your video driver is not loading.  It's been the exact same problem no matter what you have tried.  You have done everything you can do based on the concept that you have only one GPU.  I have checked your laptop's specs and, indeed, you do only have one GPU.  However, your DSDT does not look like it.  It has 2 GPU devices:  GFX0, which you have renamed IGPU; and PEG0, which doesn't seem like it would belong in a computer with only 1 GPU.  Normally, you would want to disable your PEG0 device (in my case an Nvidia GPU) but I don't know if you can do that since you don't actually have a 2nd physical GPU.  Therefore, I'm thinking that maybe we should try removing the PEG0 device from your DSDT.  However, there is also a PEG1 and PEG2 device and I don't really know what those do.  For testing purposes, I have taken your DSDT and removed all of the PEG devices.  Try it out and see if you can get your video driver to load.

DSDT-NoPEG.aml.zip

22 hours ago, mnfesq said:

First of all, you DON'T have an NTFS problem.  The problem is a few lines up on your boot log - Your video driver is not loading.  It's been the exact same problem no matter what you have tried.  You have done everything you can do based on the concept that you have only one GPU.  I have checked your laptop's specs and, indeed, you do only have one GPU.  However, your DSDT does not look like it.  It has 2 GPU devices:  GFX0, which you have renamed IGPU; and PEG0, which doesn't seem like it would belong in a computer with only 1 GPU.  Normally, you would want to disable your PEG0 device (in my case an Nvidia GPU) but I don't know if you can do that since you don't actually have a 2nd physical GPU.  Therefore, I'm thinking that maybe we should try removing the PEG0 device from your DSDT.  However, there is also a PEG1 and PEG2 device and I don't really know what those do.  For testing purposes, I have taken your DSDT and removed all of the PEG devices.  Try it out and see if you can get your video driver to load.

DSDT-NoPEG.aml.zip

Ive installed your latest DSDT-NoPEG in ACPI/Patched folder. Still seem to be getting stuck in a similar area.:| Ive attached my latest debug and verbose log. 

debug_15173.zip

IMG_20180709_160857.jpg

3 minutes ago, tikizondo94 said:

Ive installed your latest DSDT-NoPEG in ACPI/Patched folder. Still seem to be getting stuck in a similar area.:| Ive attached my latest debug and verbose log. 

debug_15173.zip

Yeah, once you see those IOConsoleUsers entries, you know that the problem is a failure of the video drivers to load.  Just to be sure, did you use the SSDT I made a while back with this DSDT?  You still need that SSDT because it renames your GFX0 device in the SSDT to IGPU.

If that wasn't the issue, I'm pretty sure that this is either a DSDT problem or a problem caused by a difference between what is really inside your laptop and what Dell tells you is inside it (including shared video memory.). I'm thinking that you may be better served by making a post in the DSDT section of the forum and seeking MaLd0n's help with your DSDT.

3 minutes ago, mnfesq said:

Yeah, once you see those IOConsoleUsers entries, you know that the problem is a failure of the video drivers to load.  Just to be sure, did you use the SSDT I made a while back with this DSDT?  You still need that SSDT because it renames your GFX0 device in the SSDT to IGPU.

If that wasn't the issue, I'm pretty sure that this is either a DSDT problem or a problem caused by a difference between what is really inside your laptop and what Dell tells you is inside it (including shared video memory.). I'm thinking that you may be better served by making a post in the DSDT section of the forum and seeking MaLd0n's help with your DSDT.

Yeah i still used your SSDT you attached earlier. Originally maldon helped me with a custom DSDT for this machine. But it always ended up with the same error during boot. Attached is a DSDT edit he did for me. 

DSDT.aml.zip

2 hours ago, tikizondo94 said:

Yeah i still used your SSDT you attached earlier. Originally maldon helped me with a custom DSDT for this machine. But it always ended up with the same error during boot. Attached is a DSDT edit he did for me. 

DSDT.aml.zip

btw you should give a try to newer clover bootloaders as they fixed an issue with UHD 620 graphics

https://github.com/Dids/clover-builder/releases

v2.4k_r4587

@Dids Dids released this 7 days ago

fix that causes a hang on boot in 10.14 beta when using Kaby Lake-R UHD Graphics - sherlocks

10 hours ago, "Sniki" said:

btw you should give a try to newer clover bootloaders as they fixed an issue with UHD 620 graphics

https://github.com/Dids/clover-builder/releases

v2.4k_r4587

@Dids Dids released this 7 days ago

fix that causes a hang on boot in 10.14 beta when using Kaby Lake-R UHD Graphics - sherlocks

Just tried the new clover revision, "r4587". And im still hanging at the same place on boot. IOConsoleUsers: gIOScreenLockState 3, hs 0, bs 0, now 0, sm 0x0. rrrrrr.!! 

6 hours ago, tikizondo94 said:

Just tried the new clover revision, "r4587". And im still hanging at the same place on boot. IOConsoleUsers: gIOScreenLockState 3, hs 0, bs 0, now 0, sm 0x0. rrrrrr.!! 

Yeah, you already posted that you had the exact same issue with Mojave and High Sierra.  I try to take a look at MaLd0n's DSDT later today.  I doubt I can improve upon it but maybe something obvious will stick out.  BTW, did you ever use his DSDT with the SSDT that renames your GFX0 to IGPU in that SSDT?

Yeah, you already posted that you had the exact same issue with Mojave and High Sierra.  I try to take a look at MaLd0n's DSDT later today.  I doubt I can improve upon it but maybe something obvious will stick out.  BTW, did you ever use his DSDT with the SSDT that renames your GFX0 to IGPU in that SSDT?
I did not. I'll give that a try in a bit when I get home. I wonder why my dsdt shows I've got possibly 2 gpu devices? I even took the laptop apart to see if the specs were misleading. No other discreate graphics on the board. Odd.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, mnfesq said:

Well i just tried Maldons DSDT and the SSDT you added for me in my Clover/ACPI/Patched. Still locking at the same point. Im completely lost now. I mean, what approach can i even take to find out whats causing the IGPU not to load? 

15 minutes ago, tikizondo94 said:

Well i just tried Maldons DSDT and the SSDT you added for me in my Clover/ACPI/Patched. Still locking at the same point. Im completely lost now. I mean, what approach can i even take to find out whats causing the IGPU not to load? 

Try to take pictures of your bios pages (especially on the graphics sections) just to have a better understanding on what do you have there.

55 minutes ago, "Sniki" said:

Try to take pictures of your bios pages (especially on the graphics sections) just to have a better understanding on what do you have there.

Heres some pics of what im working with. 

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1liTLZWEzMQ5TykZmu9X7x_nCl1SoJfTu

4 hours ago, tikizondo94 said:

Heres some pics of what im working with. 

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1liTLZWEzMQ5TykZmu9X7x_nCl1SoJfTu

OK, because we are running low on ideas, let me suggest this.  The possibility still exists that, because you are booting to Clover and Windows from the same EFI directory, your custom DSDT and SSDT are not loading.  Can you disable UEFI boot for testing purposes?  Otherwise, try some of the changes you have been trying on a USB EFI partition and boot from the USB drive.  When I first set up my laptop, I had problems with getting Clover to boot right until I made changes to my EFI settings using an app in Windows. (I'd have to boot into Windows to figure out what the app was that helped me boot to Clover instead of Windows Boot Manager).  Also, what are your boot settings in BIOS?

Edited by mnfesq

Here are my boot settings. Do you think i should try using clover in legacy mode? Or just try making changes on my USB installer and using it to boot? 

IMG_20180711_054316.jpg

IMG_20180711_054254.jpg

Edited by tikizondo94

8 hours ago, tikizondo94 said:

Here are my boot settings. Do you think i should try using clover in legacy mode? Or just try making changes on my USB installer and using it to boot? 

I would try the USB first but whatever you choose to do, the goal here is to avoid the Windows Boot Manager so that you know for sure that your Clover Boot64.efi is what is booting for you.  The DSDT, including the patched DSDT in ACPI/patched loads very early in the boot process.  Also, try unchecking the Windows Boot Manager in your BIOS.  If you are daring enough, you might even consider removing the Microsoft folder from your EFI partition (temporarily) to make it impossible to boot from anything but Clover.  Again, these are sorta desperation moves but I'm really running out of ideas to figure out why your video drivers refuse to load.

BTW, your Dell BIOS beats the hell out of my HP BIOS.  I wish HP would make its laptop BIOS more configurable.

Edited by mnfesq

2 hours ago, mnfesq said:

I would try the USB first but whatever you choose to do, the goal here is to avoid the Windows Boot Manager so that you know for sure that your Clover Boot64.efi is what is booting for you.  The DSDT, including the patched DSDT in ACPI/patched loads very early in the boot process.  Also, try unchecking the Windows Boot Manager in your BIOS.  If you are daring enough, you might even consider removing the Microsoft folder from your EFI partition (temporarily) to make it impossible to boot from anything but Clover.  Again, these are sorta desperation moves but I'm really running out of ideas to figure out why your video drivers refuse to load.

I

BTW, your Dell BIOS beats the hell out of my HP BIOS.  I wish HP would make its laptop BIOS more configurable.

Well Ive started using my USB installer to boot from. Ive added Maldons DSDT and your SSDT to my ACPI/Patched folder. Using all the values from the Clover settings you sent earlier. And Still Im locking up in the same place. The GPU just won't load for some reason. Ive tried the MinStolen Patch disabled or enabled. It makes no difference. Im attaching a debug of my clover on my ESP and also a debug and bootlog from my USB installers EFI. Man I know Im wearing you out. lol. Im sorry about this. I really appreciate all your help. 

Send me Pauls-MacBook-Pro.zip

USB Installer Bootlog.zip

2 hours ago, tikizondo94 said:

Well Ive started using my USB installer to boot from. Ive added Maldons DSDT and your SSDT to my ACPI/Patched folder. Using all the values from the Clover settings you sent earlier. And Still Im locking up in the same place. The GPU just won't load for some reason. Ive tried the MinStolen Patch disabled or enabled. It makes no difference. Im attaching a debug of my clover on my ESP and also a debug and bootlog from my USB installers EFI. Man I know Im wearing you out. lol. Im sorry about this. I really appreciate all your help. 

Send me Pauls-MacBook-Pro.zip

USB Installer Bootlog.zip

I'll take a look at what you've uploaded as soon as time permits.  In the meantime, if you have room to make a 40GB partition for OSX on your NVMe drive, I am wondering if you can get graphics acceleration with Yosemite.  It was the last version that did not require me to disable my discrete GPU and did not have the IOConsoleUser entries when it booted.  This might be too much work for a simple test but I'm wondering if it is only Apple's newer graphics kexts that are the culprit.

28 minutes ago, mnfesq said:

I'll take a look at what you've uploaded as soon as time permits.  In the meantime, if you have room to make a 40GB partition for OSX on your NVMe drive, I am wondering if you can get graphics acceleration with Yosemite.  It was the last version that did not require me to disable my discrete GPU and did not have the IOConsoleUser entries when it booted.  This might be too much work for a simple test but I'm wondering if it is only Apple's newer graphics kexts that are the culprit.

I could try that. It would take me a little time to get it all going. Its been forever since ive even rough yosemite. And when i did it was on an AMD machine lol. Im wondering why KBLdrivers are giving this laptop such a hard time?

16 minutes ago, tikizondo94 said:

I could try that. It would take me a little time to get it all going. Its been forever since ive even rough yosemite. And when i did it was on an AMD machine lol. Im wondering why KBLdrivers are giving this laptop such a hard time?

I compared my video code in my DSDT and SSDTs with yours.  What I have in an SSDT is in your DSDT.  All except one thing.  My SSDT for _SB.PCI0.IGPU has a _DSM method.  Your DSDT for _SB.PCI0.IGPU does not.  It is not elsewhere in your DSDT or SSDTs.  I added mine from my SSDT to the same location in your DSDT and removed some of the code for devices which your DSDT does not have.  Try it out to see if it does anything.  Just select the DSDT-VID_DSM in Clover options when you boot.  Don't make it your default DSDT.

DSDT-VID_DSM.aml.zip