Intel UHD 620 QE/CI problems..

tikizondo94

146 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, tikizondo94 said:

Is this a fully patched DSDT or does it still require hot patches?

This is the last DSDT you sent me.  I'm assuming you did not patch it at all.  It was intended as a clean canvas on which to begin painting.

1 minute ago, mnfesq said:

This is the last DSDT you sent me.  I'm assuming you did not patch it at all.  It was intended as a clean canvas on which to begin painting.

Ok. Im no pro at DSDT patching. Ive done small things here and there. But honestly, i wouldnt know where to start. Maldon has always helped me out in that dept. I need to get some more info under my belt. 

7 minutes ago, tikizondo94 said:

Ok. Im no pro at DSDT patching. Ive done small things here and there. But honestly, i wouldnt know where to start. Maldon has always helped me out in that dept. I need to get some more info under my belt. 

Don't worry about your DSDT for now.  Let's just focus on your video hardware acceleration.  Did you try my config.plist?  I would try my config.plist with my clover kexts.  Maybe you can put them in 10.13 and see if you can boot HS.  It works for me and our systems are so similar.

Edited by mnfesq

13 minutes ago, mnfesq said:

Don't worry about your DSDT for now.  Let's just focus on your video hardware acceleration.  Did you try my config.plist?

Yeah i just tried it. It wont boot. CPU fault. 

IMG_20180701_204016.jpg

10 hours ago, mnfesq said:

OK, don't get discouraged.  I really stripped my config.plist down from MaLd0n's original.  Take a look at his thread and see if his method doesn't work for you.  (I know he has the same tutorial on this forum but I could only seem to find it on Olarila.com:

http://olarila.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6257

Ok. So i did another full wipe and reinstall of Mojave 10.14 Beta. Im dual booting Windows/MacOS. UEFI mode. Legacy is also enabled in BIOS. I used Maldons clover installer and post installer for the process. And im still getting the same Graphics error. Only can load with PlatformID 0x12345678. Attached is my verbose lock point.  Ive tried both Platform IDs of 0x591b0000 and 0x59160000. Both end up at the same point during boot. 

IMG_20180702_072312.jpg

Edited by tikizondo94

4 hours ago, tikizondo94 said:

Now im failing at the same point except under IOScreenLockState im getting "NTFS driver 3.13 [Flags: R/W]

Are you 100% sure you don't have another GPU?  You are getting stuck at the same point where I did until MaLd0n was able to figure out how to disable my Nvidia GPU.  I had the same issue with High Sierra but with a different laptop that was easier to disable my AMD Radeon GPU.

Edited by mnfesq

5 minutes ago, mnfesq said:

Are you 100% sure you don't have another GPU?  You are getting stuck at the same point where I did until MaLd0n was able to figure out how to disable my Nvidia GPU.  I had the same issue with High Sierra but with a different laptop that was easier to disable my AMD Radeon GPU.

Positive I only have 1 GPU device. Ive attached my current Dell service tag ID. 

https://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/19/product-support/servicetag/2bhjqj2/configuration?ref=captchaseen

18 minutes ago, tikizondo94 said:

Positive I only have 1 GPU device. Ive attached my current Dell service tag ID. 

https://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/19/product-support/servicetag/2bhjqj2/configuration?ref=captchaseen

Well, I can tell you that after DSMOS has arrived, most of the stuff you see after that has nothing to do with why you are getting stuck.  The problem is that your video drivers are not loading.  Just as a test, because I had this problem with BT in Mojave, try putting your custom video kexts in L/E instead of Clover 10.14 or Other.  Also, be sure you are using the boot arg -lilubetaall for Mojave.  (BTW, I am thinking that you are using 4 video custom kexts - FakePCIID.kext, FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext, Lilu.kext, and IntelGraphicsFixup.kext).

6 minutes ago, mnfesq said:

Well, I can tell you that after DSMOS has arrived, most of the stuff you see after that has nothing to do with why you are getting stuck.  The problem is that your video drivers are not loading.  Just as a test, because I had this problem with BT in Mojave, try putting your custom video kexts in L/E instead of Clover 10.14 or Other.  Also, be sure you are using the boot arg -lilubetaall for Mojave.  (BTW, I am thinking that you are using 4 video custom kexts - FakePCIID.kext, FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext, Lilu.kext, and IntelGraphicsFixup.kext).

Currently running All Graphics kexts in L/E. Only things in Clover/Kexts/Other are FakeSMC, AppleALC, AppleBacklightInjector and ACPIBatteryManager. I added the boot args of -lilubetaall and -igfxbeta. Currently using the 0x59160000 Platform ID. This is where i get stuck now. 

IMG_20180702_141252.jpg

56 minutes ago, tikizondo94 said:

Currently running All Graphics kexts in L/E. Only things in Clover/Kexts/Other are FakeSMC, AppleALC, AppleBacklightInjector and ACPIBatteryManager. I added the boot args of -lilubetaall and -igfxbeta. Currently using the 0x59160000 Platform ID. This is where i get stuck now. 

It may not seem like it but you are getting stuck at the same place and for the same reason - video drivers not loading.  But I notice that you have a lot of entries in your boot log that start with the entry "STD".  Normally, I know what an STD is but in this context, no.  What kext are you using that is causing that entry?  Is it a debug version of a custom kext?  I get the same IGPU entries before I get to the second stage boot.

This is a sorta off-the-wall suggestion but, when I first installed HS/Mojave, I could not boot except in single-user mode and, when in single user mode, I would get to the prompt and then just type "exit" and hit enter.  What this did was bypass first stage boot and take me right to second stage boot and, for reasons I could never figure out, it got my video drivers to load.  Since I am running out of suggestions, try this Hail Mary play.

The STD value i believe is coming from the ApplePS2SmartTouchPad.kext. I was trying different options from VoodooPS2Controller.kext. No difference lol. Anyways, I tried your single user idea. Prompt loaded. I typed "exit" it continued to load and the fans cranked up really loud. Then locked at the same gIOScreenLockState. Attached is my latest debug. 

Send me Pauls-MacBook-Pro.zip

Latest Verbose with VoodooPS2 instead of ApplePS2Smart kext

IMG_20180702_154413.jpg

Edited by tikizondo94

I wonder if it has anything to do with my partition setup? I have my EFI setup first 500MB, Then Windows NTFS at 315GB and then My OSX at 160GB. When i "mount" my EFI in Mac it acutally mounts an ESP drive. Which has my Clover/Windows Bootmanager files on it etc. On all my other Setups, mounting the EFI has always mounted an "EFI" partition. Not ESP. Im using UEFI and installed clover as UEFI specific. IDK. Im shooting in the dark here lol. 

17 minutes ago, tikizondo94 said:

I wonder if it has anything to do with my partition setup? I have my EFI setup first 500MB, Then Windows NTFS at 315GB and then My OSX at 160GB. When i "mount" my EFI in Mac it acutally mounts an ESP drive. Which has my Clover/Windows Bootmanager files on it etc. On all my other Setups, mounting the EFI has always mounted an "EFI" partition. Not ESP. Im using UEFI and installed clover as UEFI specific. IDK. Im shooting in the dark here lol. 

You can test this by booting from a USB flash drive that has an EFI partition that is set up with your Clover files.

42 minutes ago, mnfesq said:

You can test this by booting from a USB flash drive that has an EFI partition that is set up with your Clover files.

Yeah i tried that. I use my USB installer and boot from it when i cant reboot from my config settings on my ESP. Still cant get QE/CI that way either.... rrr

17 minutes ago, mnfesq said:

Now that you have a new setup, please run the send me app and post your new files.  I take a look again and see if I can figure out anything new.

These are my latest Debugging files. Still booting with 0x12345678 

Debug.zip

2 hours ago, tikizondo94 said:

These are my latest Debugging files. Still booting with 0x12345678 

Debug.zip

I spent some time looking over your files. The most obvious issue I found was that you had changed GFX0 to IGPU in your DSDT but did not do so in SSDT-1.aml.  I fixed that by renaming GFX0 to IGPU in that SSDT.  I also patched your DSDT. I also think you may have over-did your patches in config.plist.  I try to be a minimalist.  I would rather add patches once problems have been detected rather than add what seem to be right without knowing that they are really needed.  In particular, I left the LAPIC patch enabled but I thought that was only an issue in older HP laptops, not Dell laptops.  Are you sure you need the LAPIC patch?  The folders in the attachment are the only ones in which I made changes.  Replace them (or the files) for the ones you are currently using.  Let me know how it goes and take a photo if you get a KP or are stuck in a place other than IOConsoleUser's . . . 

CLOVER.zip

• Like 1

@tikizondo94post your oem (origin) acpi tables.

I will try to make a hotpatch setup to check for you and see if something changes, because according to the conversation you are still using static patching method with maciASL.

Instead i use the latest method from Rehabman which is full hotpatch

Where you leave your native acpi untouched and do most of the work on config.plist (like the standard renames gfx0 to IGPU etc)

And then add just the addon SSDTs to inject specific properties.

The benefits of this is that your setup is update proof, while the static patch requires you to redo it if you even do a single bios configuration change or hardware change.

I spent some time looking over your files. The most obvious issue I found was that you had changed GFX0 to IGPU in your DSDT but did not do so in SSDT-1.aml.  I fixed that by renaming GFX0 to IGPU in that SSDT.  I also patched your DSDT. I also think you may have over-did your patches in config.plist.  I try to be a minimalist.  I would rather add patches once problems have been detected rather than add what seem to be right without knowing that they are really needed.  In particular, I left the LAPIC patch enabled but I thought that was only an issue in older HP laptops, not Dell laptops.  Are you sure you need the LAPIC patch?  The folders in the attachment are the only ones in which I made changes.  Replace them (or the files) for the ones you are currently using.  Let me know how it goes and take a photo if you get a KP or are stuck in a place other than IOConsoleUser's . . . 

CLOVER.zip
Thank you for this! I'm away from my PC for a bit. 4th Vaca. But I'll be back on the sat. I'll definitely give a go. I appreciate it bro!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

[mention=1420666]tikizondo94[/mention]post your oem (origin) acpi tables.
I will try to make a hotpatch setup to check for you and see if something changes, because according to the conversation you are still using static patching method with maciASL.
Instead i use the latest method from Rehabman which is full hotpatch
Where you leave your native acpi untouched and do most of the work on config.plist (like the standard renames gfx0 to IGPU etc)
And then add just the addon SSDTs to inject specific properties.

The benefits of this is that your setup is update proof, while the static patch requires you to redo it if you even do a single bios configuration change or hardware change.
My acpi tables should be in the debug file posted above. I really appreciate all your guys help. I'd be lost without you all!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

@tikizondo94 i see nothing on your patched folder, can you post it again for me, i will soon give you files to try, i assume you should have success with it.

Also does your laptop have dedicated gpu, or only intel ?

What Patches you use when you patch ACPi 

does your laptop need battery patch ?

Did you fix usb ports ?

Give me a short brief of what you have working and non working.

List me the patches you use so i can make them as hotpatch and so you never need to touch acpi as it should be update proof.

3 hours ago, besnik.rrustemi said:

@tikizondo94 i see nothing on your patched folder, can you post it again for me, i will soon give you files to try, i assume you should have success with it.

Also does your laptop have dedicated gpu, or only intel ?

What Patches you use when you patch ACPi 

does your laptop need battery patch ?

Did you fix usb ports ?

Give me a short brief of what you have working and non working.

List me the patches you use so i can make them as hotpatch and so you never need to touch acpi as it should be update proof.

So far ive only tried the basics. Only hotpatchs ive used are the ones included in the current 620plist im using. Currently I have Wifi, keyboard backlight, trackpad, USB working etc. No Sound yet, I havent gotten my USB-C port to work yet, But ive mainly been focused on getting QE/CI working. And ive been failing lol. Ive had alot of help on here. You guys are to kind with helping me. And i really Appreciate it. Heres my Latest Debug files, Clover Folder, ACPI origin dump, etc. Sorry i havent replied. Ive been on Vaca and just finally got back. 

Archive.zip

2 hours ago, tikizondo94 said:

So far ive only tried the basics. Only hotpatchs ive used are the ones included in the current 620plist im using. Currently I have Wifi, keyboard backlight, trackpad, USB working etc. No Sound yet, I havent gotten my USB-C port to work yet, But ive mainly been focused on getting QE/CI working. And ive been failing lol. Ive had alot of help on here. You guys are to kind with helping me. And i really Appreciate it. Heres my Latest Debug files, Clover Folder, ACPI origin dump, etc. Sorry i havent replied. Ive been on Vaca and just finally got back. 

Archive.zip

Its 3:26AM now, i will go to sleep, tomorrow when i wake up i will send you some files for testing, i have positive thinking that we should be able to solve your issue.

@tikizondo94 Here are the files that i created for you.

First of all, remove all the kexts you installed.

copy the kext folder that i attached into desktop

open terminal and by these three commands below you install them with correct permissions and rebuild caches:

cd desktop/kexts

sudo cp -R *.kext /Library/Extensions/

sudo kextcache -i /

use the config.plist that i attached as it contains the hotpatch that i done for your laptop based on ACPI. (if you are using macOS Mojave) the Mojave DVMT patch is already enabled so no need to change anything at all.

I also added your patched EDID which is already enabled on the config.plisl

put the SSDT-IALL.aml into EFI/Clover/ACPI/Patched.

Reboot and see if QE/CI works

If QE/CI works fine with my files, then we can continue on fixing the rest like:

- Battery Status if it doesn't work OOB (check it after you boot)

- Audio

- HDMI Audio & HDMI Output

- USB Ports

Also make sure to write for me your Laptop model and the specs.

config.plist

SSDT-IALL.aml

kexts.zip

Edited by besnik.rrustemi