macOS HighSierra 10.13.3 released

Mork vom Ork

44 posts in this topic

Updated to 10.13.3 via App Store; OS went fine, but after installing 156 update (from package), getting spinner after Apple Logo and progress bar. Uninstalled drivers in safe mode and reinstalled 156. No go. Can only boot with web drivers disabled. :(

UPDATE: Stayed with 10.13.3 but reverted to NVIDIA 104.  Life is good and the universe is rotating about its axis again :)

• Like 1

I stated earlier that 10.13.3 reverted to 104 was ok. Spoke too soon. Glitches and artifacts after a few hours. Not good.

fine here without any problem, best version driver, ofc

• Like 1

Anyone tried a fresh install with 10.13.3?

iMac:~ shane$ sudo /Applications/Install\ macOS\ High\ Sierra.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/Untitled --applicationpath /Applications/Install\ macOS\ High\ Sierra.app --nointeraction
sudo: /Applications/Install macOS High Sierra.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia: command not found

Nevermind. Re downloaded and worked fine.

Downloaded 10.13.3 FullInstaller from Mac App Store and installed... but wait:

But what gets installed, was just macOS HighSierra 10.13.2 build 17C88:

Same thing just happened here. Downloaded the full installer from the app store and got 10.13.2 instead.

can you open the Nvidia preferences pane with 104? Tried to reinstall 104, but now pref pane give spinning beach ball, then a message to reinstall pane (which I tried as well).

no problem

MaLd0n 2018-01-25 às 21.11.56.png

High Sierra 10.13.3 apfs.efi :

Is this the same apfs.efi that is in /usr/standalone/i386?  I have 10.13.3 installed and the apfs.efi in my /usr/standalone/i386 folder is dated december 17th which means the 10.13.3 apfs is the same as the 10.13.2 one.

I can't seem to get the update working, either combo update or app store.

The machine just reboots into 10.13.2.  Manually choosing "Install MacOS" at the clover prompt results in a white apple and a stalled progress bar, no disk drive activity.

I must be doing something simply stupid.  Help?

I should have been more patient.  I don't know what fixed it -- just letting it go for an hour, or moving extensions from S/L/E onto the EFI partition under "Other".  Anyways, sorry for the noise, I'm at 10.13.3 now.

Yes. There are times when the update process looks like stalled with no hard drive activity lights. But it is doing intense RAM based calculations in predicting Steve Job's next birth. So with little patience, it usually works.

Yes. There are times when the update process looks like stalled with no hard drive activity lights. But it is doing intense RAM based calculations in predicting Steve Job's next birth. So with little patience, it usually works.

I'm a former Apple engineer.  SJ isn't getting a rebirth, that project was cancelled :)

• Like 2