Gigabyte Aorus Gaming 7 Bios F5e

DoZe

301 posts in this topic

28 minutes ago, HLB said:

Hi MaLd0n... I have some video problems on this motherboard that I did not have with another model, sometimes the system does not start, after a few attempts to boot the bios resets automatically and when I enter the bios my saved settings have been erased by having to reconfigure everything manually again, the sometimes when I use test programs as the other ones that make intensive use of memory and processor the screen blinks and locks, then unlocking but the problem persists randomly while using the computer with intensity, I am currently with an evga 1080ti icx, would have some solution to this problem? I already tested all the hardware in an asrock taichi and I had no problems, what do you suggest I do?

post one full dump

http://olarila.com/files/Utils/RunMe.app.zip

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, HLB said:

Sorry, I had not noticed about it, I do not use mac, just windows. Podemos falar por privado? Vi que é do RJ.

use my images, search for Olarila Images

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

There's a new UEFI BIOS update, F7.

@MaLd0n here's my files (including DSDT dump) from the F7 UEFI BIOS. I've done some changes since the last time - 1) Generally updated and compiled all kexts to their latest Git versions. 2) Replaced IntelGraphicsFixup, NvidiaGraphicsFixup and Shiki with Whatever Green. 3) Added ApfsSupportPkg. 4) Added the AppleUSBXHCI patch for 10.14.x.

It's still using your DSDT.aml for the previous UEFI BIOS (F6), but I did do a new dump for F7 via F4 in Clover. Does it need any changes?

How's everything else looking? Any new/different patches/kexts/etc. or any other changes that I need?

Download: https://www71.zippyshare.com/v/hZNcJ7fx/file.html

Thanks!

6 hours ago, Awesome Donkey said:

There's a new UEFI BIOS update, F7.

@MaLd0n here's my files (including DSDT dump) from the F7 UEFI BIOS. I've done some changes since the last time - 1) Generally updated and compiled all kexts to their latest Git versions. 2) Replaced IntelGraphicsFixup, NvidiaGraphicsFixup and Shiki with Whatever Green. 3) Added ApfsSupportPkg. 4) Added the AppleUSBXHCI patch for 10.14.x.

It's still using your DSDT.aml for the previous UEFI BIOS (F6), but I did do a new dump for F7 via F4 in Clover. Does it need any changes?

How's everything else looking? Any new/different patches/kexts/etc. or any other changes that I need?

Download: https://www71.zippyshare.com/v/hZNcJ7fx/file.html

Thanks!

Here

DSDT.aml.zip

send me new dump after reboot for check acpi errors, use updated app, have some new good dumps

RunMe.app

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

@MaLd0n I ordered a AMD RX 580 card (a Sapphire PULSE RX 580 8GB) and it'll be here tomorrow. Thankfully, I got ahold of one for around $250 (before they went up to $300+ again). :D

What changes will I need to make to switch from my Nvidia GTX 970 to the new AMD RX 580? I already know I'll have to remove the Nvidia Web Drivers (thank God, no more waiting for new Web Drivers with updates), and I also assume I'll probably need a new DSDT after adding the card. But is there anything else (already got the current revision of WhateverGreen added, so that's no issue)? Thanks, as always.

Edited by Awesome Donkey

10 minutes ago, Awesome Donkey said:

@MaLd0n I ordered a AMD RX 580 card (a Sapphire PULSE RX 580 8GB) and it'll be here tomorrow. Thankfully, I got ahold of one for around $250 (before they went up to $300+ again). :D

What changes will I need to make to switch from my Nvidia GTX 970 to the new AMD RX 580? I already know I'll have to remove the Nvidia Web Drivers (thank God, no more waiting for new Web Drivers with updates), and I also assume I'll probably need a new DSDT after adding the card. But is there anything else (already got the current revision of WhateverGreen added, so that's no issue)? Thanks, as always.

just use it, new version, whatevergreen now work for intel, nvidia, amd, shiki and core display

Arquivo Comprimido.zip

• Like 1

Yep, already got those. No injecting AMD or anything like that needed, right?

I'll uninstall the Web Drivers, remove nvda_drv=1 and nv_disable=1 from Clover's boot arguments and set NvidiaWeb from True to False before installing the card.

@MaLd0n I've Installed the card and it works great... but the font/text rendering looks bad. Hard to describe and my searches have yielded little except that it may be related to SMBIOS. Any ideas?

EDIT: Fixed it by using the patch-edid.rb script create an override file to force the display into RGB mode for my monitor. Works perfectly now, YAY!

Edited by Awesome Donkey

So over a week later with the change to the RX 580... and everything seems to be working. If anyone is going to switch to one of these cards and font rendering looks bad, checkout the patch-edid script as it fixed it for me.

@MaLd0n My only nitpick is... I don't suppose there's a way to get the shutdown spinner animation to work with this GPU or perhaps it's a macOS bug? On shutdown, it just goes to black without the spinner and then shuts down without the spinner animation ever appearing. It's a small nitpick I admit - at least the Apple boot logo animation works. :P

• 4 weeks later...

Needed to sign in to say a big thanks!

After weeks of fiddling with Clover and all the posts out there saying this setup was to be recommended, I'm finally able to boot my system without the usb key!

I saw this thread and basically downloaded Awesome Donkey's working dump and then added MaLd0n's daft and it's a pretty good fit!

Not everything works just yet - my third screen still needs fixing, but I need a new cable first for that. Hopefully my gt640 which has two dvi connections on the two working screens will allow me to connect the third via hdmi?

Given that I'm using the same settings as Awesome Donkey, would there be any advantage in my installing other Nvidia drivers?

Or are the web drivers already there?

Just I'm not seeing the Nvidia thing in pref panel?

And should I be looking at CUDA?

Other than that my FireWire sound card is yet to make a sound.

I tried the fix FireWire option in Clover Configurator but no luck.

Any ideas please?

One of my main uses for this rig will be music so I  really want to get that working!

There's probably a bunch of other stuff too and once the system is stable enough l intend to clone the boot SSD to my nvme  m2 disk and try overclocking.

But right now I'm just happy to boot without a USB!

Cheers!

Right - got the firewire soundcard working now - very happy!

Getting a new cable tomorrow for my third monitor - any thoughts on drivers/CUDA for my GT640?

Thanks!

Edited by Northwinds

hey! Can someone please help me with my DSDT? I have updated my BIOS to F7, the latest one. And here is my clean DSDT from clover Dump.
Is it possible to implement this TB3 fixes as well? I have the Alpine card. Uploading the patches.

DSDT.aml

Mac Pro.zip

SSDT-TB3.aml

Edited by jacoweb

2 hours ago, Northwinds said:

Needed to sign in to say a big thanks!

After weeks of fiddling with Clover and all the posts out there saying this setup was to be recommended, I'm finally able to boot my system without the usb key!

I saw this thread and basically downloaded Awesome Donkey's working dump and then added MaLd0n's daft and it's a pretty good fit!

Not everything works just yet - my third screen still needs fixing, but I need a new cable first for that. Hopefully my gt640 which has two dvi connections on the two working screens will allow me to connect the third via hdmi?

Given that I'm using the same settings as Awesome Donkey, would there be any advantage in my installing other Nvidia drivers?

Or are the web drivers already there?

Just I'm not seeing the Nvidia thing in pref panel?

And should I be looking at CUDA?

Other than that my FireWire sound card is yet to make a sound.

I tried the fix FireWire option in Clover Configurator but no luck.

Any ideas please?

One of my main uses for this rig will be music so I  really want to get that working!

There's probably a bunch of other stuff too and once the system is stable enough l intend to clone the boot SSD to my nvme  m2 disk and try overclocking.

But right now I'm just happy to boot without a USB!

Cheers!

Right - got the firewire soundcard working now - very happy!

Getting a new cable tomorrow for my third monitor - any thoughts on drivers/CUDA for my GT640?

Thanks!

Oh dear - spoke too soon - system shuts down after 10 minutes.

Can I upload some files for you to look at?

Send me Craigs-iMac.zip

Edited by Northwinds

On 7/24/2018 at 9:45 AM, MaLd0n said:

Here

DSDT.aml.zip

send me new dump after reboot for check acpi errors, use updated app, have some new good dumps

RunMe.app

Not to be a Debbie Downer, but F7 killed my GC Alpine Ridge Thunderbolt card last week. If you must go to F7, I would strongly suggest removing the Thunderbolt card first. You'll thank me later. Going back to F5 did not resolve the issue, so I had to drop in a new TB card. Gigabyte Aorus Gaming 7 Z370, 64GB RAM, i7 8700K, AMD Sapphire Pulse RX-580 8GB.