Gigabyte Aorus Gaming 7 Bios F5e

DoZe

301 posts in this topic

How does one go with patching the DSDT files clover gives you? I remember doing it a year ago but can't remember which guide I followed... I'm currently using opencore and I've updated my bios to f14. Thus, I should update my DSDT.aml, correct? Whenever I tried to use the DSDT file that clover gives me, I can never pass the apfs_module_start:1683 line. Yet, when I use the old DSDT.aml file, I can boot up to macOS just fine. Is there any guide I can follow?

8 hours ago, dan15 said:

How does one go with patching the DSDT files clover gives you? I remember doing it a year ago but can't remember which guide I followed... I'm currently using opencore and I've updated my bios to f14. Thus, I should update my DSDT.aml, correct? Whenever I tried to use the DSDT file that clover gives me, I can never pass the apfs_module_start:1683 line. Yet, when I use the old DSDT.aml file, I can boot up to macOS just fine. Is there any guide I can follow?

boot with OC and extract files, need patch for OC

2 hours ago, MaLd0n said:

boot with OC and extract files, need patch for OC

I’m sorry, but how do you extract the files with OpenCore? What patches do I need? The EC patch? I've already done the USB-Map patch and the EC patch.

Here's the DSDT file extracted from clover boot loader. 

DSDT.aml

Edited by dan15

13 hours ago, dan15 said:

I’m sorry, but how do you extract the files with OpenCore? What patches do I need? The EC patch? I've already done the USB-Map patch and the EC patch.

Here's the DSDT file extracted from clover boot loader. 

DSDT.aml

run app for one full dump

--Run_Me
RunMe.app
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9wmIfGLe3A

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, The_Dave94 said:

@dan15 Could you share your plist? I'm trying to get opencore to work with the same motherboard an just can't get it to boot

Read this vanilla guide:

https://khronokernel-2.gitbook.io/opencore-vanilla-desktop-guide/

Also, what bios version are you seeing? Turn off CFG lock and you should be able to boot. If you can’t turn it off in your bios menu, refer to the flags mentioned in the guide above.

Edited by dan15

9 hours ago, dan15 said:

Read this vanilla guide:

https://khronokernel-2.gitbook.io/opencore-vanilla-desktop-guide/

Also, what bios version are you seeing? Turn off CFG lock and you should be able to boot. If you can’t turn it off in your bios menu, refer to the flags mentioned in the guide above.

I used the guide and set the flags to disable CFG lock, but still no luck. I'm on f14. I add my plist file, maybe you can help me

config.plist

Edited by The_Dave94

15 hours ago, The_Dave94 said:

I used the guide and set the flags to disable CFG lock, but still no luck. I'm on f14. I add my plist file, maybe you can help me

config.plist

I won’t be able to look at it anytime soon but it may be because you need a patched DSDT file to boot with open core. Have you already specified it in your config list?

• 1 month later...

Hi.

@dan15

@The_Dave94

If you want to turn off CFG lock, you can try this one, this is special modded version for our beloved Mobo :)

https://github.com/korzhyk/CLOVER-Z370-AORUS-Gaming-7

https://github.com/korzhyk/CLOVER-Z370-AORUS-Gaming-7/blob/master/misc/Z370AOG7_F13RB.zip

Probably an F14 or later revision with this option will be released soon, stay updated, at usual place :

https://www.win-raid.com/t3217f44-OFFER-Gigabyte-GA-Z-Aorus-Gaming-BIOS-mod-12.html

Main page :

https://www.win-raid.com/t3217f44-OFFER-Gigabyte-GA-Z-Aorus-Gaming-BIOS-mod.html

Latest Revision F14 mod By Mr Beer :

F14 Update # 1 (CPU update)

F14 Update # 2 ( EFI IRST RAID for SATA + Orom 17.7.0.4404 and EFI GOP Driver SKL-CML 9.0.1092) Intel® Management(ME) 11.8.70.3626 (Firmware)
F14 Update # 3 (Intel RST 17.8.0.4414 + EFI GOP 9.0.1095 + EFI Intel Gigabit 0.0.24)

Edited by DoZe

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
2 hours ago, Awesome Donkey said:

@MaLd0n Greetings! I've thought about trying to switch from Clover to OpenCore, what would be the best way to proceed to switch from one to the other?

Of course, I'd make a backup of Clover first (since if macOS boot gets broken I can still access/restore the EFI partition from Linux).

use this folder, remove dsdt, reboot and extract send_me

https://www.insanelymac.com/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=340948

It gets stuck at the Apple logo, keyboard/mouse never re-initalize, not sure how to get verbose mode going yet. Windows and Arch Linux still boot though so I can make plist changes.

EDIT: Okay, figured it out, it's because of CFG Lock/MSR that I can't turn off, toggled AppleCpuPmCfgLock and AppleXcpmCfgLock and now I'm booted into macOS now.

Edited by Awesome Donkey

@MaLd0n Okay, I removed my previous post (and the link in the previous post) because I downgraded my UEFI BIOS to a version with CFG Lock hard disabled in it, so I don't need those two above flags anymore to boot OpenCore, so I re-ran the RunMe.app again and here's the new link...

Send me Michaels-iMac.zip

The only other thing I'd need help with is adding custom boot entries to the OpenCore list like I do in Clover. OpenCore detects all three OSes, but I want to rearrange them and rename them if possible so Windows is always first, then macOS then Arch Linux.

Thanks a lot!

31 minutes ago, Awesome Donkey said:

@MaLd0n Okay, I removed my previous post (and the link in the previous post) because I downgraded my UEFI BIOS to a version with CFG Lock hard disabled in it, so I don't need those two above flags anymore to boot OpenCore, so I re-ran the RunMe.app again and here's the new link...

Send me Michaels-iMac.zip

The only other thing I'd need help with is adding custom boot entries to the OpenCore list like I do in Clover. OpenCore detects all three OSes, but I want to rearrange them and rename them if possible so Windows is always first, then macOS then Arch Linux.

Thanks a lot!

Check if work

DSDT.aml.zip

3 hours ago, Awesome Donkey said:

@MaLd0n It boots, but if I try to change any of the SMBIOS data to add anything including just serial numbers I get met with this, and it won't boot anymore. And no, I don't use FileVault at all.

kast compiled version is change to "vault" i think, need read manual and change things

@MaLd0n Yeah, I changed to the different Vault settings and OpenCore still doesn't boot, so I guess right now it's a no-go with OpenCore. It's a very odd issue indeed since FileVault isn't being used at all.

I've also noticed that NVRAM doesn't seem to be working anymore. I've tried using sudo nvram -c in the terminal, and this is what I get...

nvram: Error clearing firmware variables: (iokit/common) not permitted

I thought this might be an OpenCore thing, but after switching back to Clover I get the same thing. I've also noticed F11 when Clover boots to clear NVRAM doesn't work anymore either. So is this a known issue in macOS Catalina or my Z370 system? Or do I need to start using EmuVariableUefi again? I am using FwRuntimeServices.efi+OcQuirks.efi at the moment and switching back to AptioMemoryFix.efi doesn't make a difference either. Any ideas?

Edited by Awesome Donkey

@MaLd0n Okay, I fixed OpenCore (with SMBIOS data like system serial, MLB, system UUID, etc. ported from Clover to OpenCore) and it's working fine now. No more of those errors in the screenshot.

My next question is, how do I port my custom boot entries from Clover for Windows 10, macOS Catalina and Arch Linux over to OpenCore? I figured this out.

Also, do I need any of those SSDT patches the OpenCore guide recommends for Coffee Lake CPUs? Or do I just need the DSDT?

Edited by Awesome Donkey

15 hours ago, Awesome Donkey said:

@MaLd0n Okay, I fixed OpenCore (with SMBIOS data like system serial, MLB, system UUID, etc. ported from Clover to OpenCore) and it's working fine now. No more of those errors in the screenshot.

My next question is, how do I port my custom boot entries from Clover for Windows 10, macOS Catalina and Arch Linux over to OpenCore? I figured this out.

Also, do I need any of those SSDT patches the OpenCore guide recommends for Coffee Lake CPUs? Or do I just need the DSDT?

i updated my topic about it, with 0.5.6 version, ndk branch

https://www.olarila.com/topic/6364-guide-mojave-catalina-on-mobos-series-100200300-with-opencore-bootloader/

• Like 1