Gigabyte Aorus Gaming 7 Bios F5e

DoZe

301 posts in this topic

Dont need ssdt, all in dsdt, plugin type too

Nice, thanks! Right now I have my CPU back on stock clocks but once I overclock to 5.0 GHz again, will the DSDT need to be altered or will it be fine?

If csm driver is only for clover boot screen, forget link above xD

Yep, that's all I used it for, getting 1440p res with the Clover boot screen. :P

Some one have any tips how to make that onboard USB-C to work? i can see it under USB but i cant connect my UAD Twin with an thunderbolt adapter to USB-C. This was working fine in my older setup with onboard USB-C.

Gonna buy the Gigabyte Alpine Ridge Thunderbolt 3 card. Seen people got that working with some SSDT changes.

For TB u need a mobo with TB or TB card, dont need ssdt, work native, if dont appears u need install thunderbolt .exe(check manufacturer page) in windows for update things, after it work in mac.

USB-c work good, i tested in many mobos, all work.

• Like 2

My board has one usb-c and thunderbolt header on mobo. Thanks for your help!

Now i need to enable my RX 570. Can this still be done in DSDT or just kexts? Can upload my dsdt dump tomorow :)

My board has one usb-c and thunderbolt header on mobo. Thanks for your help!

Now i need to enable my RX 570. Can this still be done in DSDT or just kexts? Can upload my dsdt dump tomorow :)

Use WhateverGreen kext last version, in site last version is 1.1.4, compile one, the 1.1.5 have many fixs but not oficial release

• Like 2

Use WhateverGreen kext last version, in site last version is 1.1.4, compile one, the 1.1.5 have many fixs but not oficial release

Thank you! is it possible to use iGPU and GFX0 at same time? ..... Never mind. got it working :P 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I am new in hackingtosh, I have just put together my first rig to use OSX.

My setup is:

- MB: Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 7

- CPU: 8700k

- GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1060 Gaming G1

- RAM: Ballistix Sport LT 16 GB Kit 2x8GB DDR4-2666 CL16 gray

- SSD: 250GB Samsung 960 Evo M.2 2280 NVMe

I have basically successfully installed 10.13.3 it seems everything is working, but in my opinion the system is a little bit slow, especially the boot time, which around 24-26s.

I had previously around 18s, but after this I have did a BIOS update and also played with the config.plist.

But basically I have a different question, I have ready many forums about the dsdt patch, I did not really understood why it is need, or it is even necessary, how to do it and so on.

And I have found you guys that you are so kindly that creating dsdt patch for the members.

I would first ask, what is the benefit if I have a HW specific dsdt patch?

Can I configure the same thing in Clover configurator? In ACPI section there some possibility to apply different patches, but I do not really know what kind of patches are need for my rig.

Is is possible that after BIOS update (F5m) some setup/patch are not correct? (I have read on some forums that after every BIOS update a new patch is needed)

If I would ask you to help me to create a patch, what information/files are needed to post?

Thanks in advance your help/reply!

• Like 1

Hi,

I am new in hackingtosh, I have just put together my first rig to use OSX.

My setup is:

- MB: Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 7

- CPU: 8700k

- GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1060 Gaming G1

- RAM: Ballistix Sport LT 16 GB Kit 2x8GB DDR4-2666 CL16 gray

- SSD: 250GB Samsung 960 Evo M.2 2280 NVMe

I have basically successfully installed 10.13.3 it seems everything is working, but in my opinion the system is a little bit slow, especially the boot time, which around 24-26s.

I had previously around 18s, but after this I have did a BIOS update and also played with the config.plist.

But basically I have a different question, I have ready many forums about the dsdt patch, I did not really understood why it is need, or it is even necessary, how to do it and so on.

And I have found you guys that you are so kindly that creating dsdt patch for the members.

I would first ask, what is the benefit if I have a HW specific dsdt patch?

Can I configure the same thing in Clover configurator? In ACPI section there some possibility to apply different patches, but I do not really know what kind of patches are need for my rig.

Is is possible that after BIOS update (F5m) some setup/patch are not correct? (I have read on some forums that after every BIOS update a new patch is needed)

If I would ask you to help me to create a patch, what information/files are needed to post?

Thanks in advance your help/reply!

run it, post generated files

RunMe.app.zip

• Like 2

run it, post generated files

attachicon.gifRunMe.app.zip

thanks your quick reply, I have run the app, the result is attached.

Before you invest some time, I would say that tomorrow I am planning to add new HDD (I thing it is not really important in that case) and I would like to change DDR4 locations, because I have just found out that I put the RAMs in slot 2 and 4, and not 1 and 3. Is this change can have influence on the configuration?

Send me Tibis-iMac.fritz.box.zip

• Like 1

thanks your quick reply, I have run the app, the result is attached.

Before you invest some time, I would say that tomorrow I am planning to add new HDD (I thing it is not really important in that case) and I would like to change DDR4 locations, because I have just found out that I put the RAMs in slot 2 and 4, and not 1 and 3. Is this change can have influence on the configuration?

check

just add Lan Kext

CLOVER.zip

• Like 2

atheros lan by Mieze ;)

okay, so that means I have to install the atheros LAN kext. Is the Intel LAN implemented?

I just downloaded and installed the DSDT editor, I wanted to open to see the content and learn a little bit about the DSDT patching, but when I wanted to open it, I got an error message:

"Pair of brackets don't match. Tree not updated" And after this in the application the following text is visible: "Could not parse ACPI tables, AE_ALREADY_EXISTS"

Is this normal?

I have just opened another dsdt.aml file (just found on internet), and it was opened.

• Like 1

Thanks, now I am able to open it, but it is not see easy to understand like what I have seen videos about the DSDT Editor, but try to learn/understand how it is working.

I have mentioned previously that I am planning to do some change on the HW, I have build in yesterday a new HDD, but I had no more free SATA3 because I have put the NVME drive in the in the M2M_32G slot, and because of this, the SATA 5 and 6 connection can not be used, because it is used by the NVME, so the Samsung EVO 960 is PCIe driver, so I have moved the NVME drive to M2P_32G slot, in that case the drive use the PCIex4 slot bandwidth, but this PCIex4 was used by the Wifi card, so I had to move also the PCIe Wifi to another slot.

After these changes, I have started the system, I have recognised that the Boot time is now much slower than before, before it was ~23-25s and now it is ~37s.

I have not implemented so far the clover folder what you have prepared for me, I have planned it for today. What do you thing, makes sense to implement after these changes, or better to create a new one?

By the way I have did some screenshoots during verbose boot, to see at which point my system is hanging. The system is hanging at the last entry on the picture: 20180218_101421.jpg for ~15-20s.

Then it is going forward, which is seen on the picture: 20180218_102822.jpg.

Do you have any idea why it is like this? Or how can be solve this hanging issue?

post-2408474-0-76272700-1518947540_thumb.jpg

post-2408474-0-41378600-1518947554_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

if u use TRIM with APFS...boot is slow

disable trim, dont have solution yet, need wait

Thanks your hint. My system is on an NVME drive, and as I know NVME driver has default TRIM enabled and it is not possible to disable.

• Like 1

Yeah, I never force enabled TRIM, so boot is about 5 or so seconds from Clover to the sign in screen on a SSD, which matches how quickly my Arch Linux install boots on a different SSD

5 sec is quite fast, do you have a SATA SSD, right? I have an NVME driver with OSX, and APFS file system. Which file system do you have? HFS+ or APFS? Because a couple of minutes ago read a lot about this FIPSPOST_USER hanging. As I understood it happens with APFS file system, many other users has also slow boot with APFS, High Sierra could boot much faster with HFS+ then with APFS.

Hi, I have a question. Sorry for my bad English btw,

I have the same board z370 Aorus Gaming 7 + i7 8700K

And my Bios updated to F5M the latest.

Is it ok to use the DSDT file that great @MaLd0n made?

or should I fix my own original DSDT.aml file?

Sorry I am so novice about DSDT world.

And I want to see my PCI information in SP. I know that is just cosmetic things but I want it :))

Is it possible?

I am using Mac Pro 1,1 SMBIOS it works well with Vega 64 so far.

Please let me know.

Thank you! in advance.

Joe

Just in case I attached my files.

One thing I bother is after sleep / wake my Ultrafine 5K monitor's sound is gone and no camera and no bright control. But other monitor's speaker is working and other USB are all working. Only device USB-C connected by Alpine ridge TH3 adaptor is not working after sleep/wake.

origin.zip

ClimbJoe's’s iMac Pro.zip