Gigabyte Aorus Gaming 7 Bios F5e

DoZe

301 posts in this topic

16 hours ago, Northwinds said:

Oh dear - spoke too soon - system shuts down after 10 minutes.

Can I upload some files for you to look at?

Send me Craigs-iMac.zip

Cable arrived and all 3 screens glowing with High Sierra desktop!

Not sure about CUDA drivers - will need to look into that...

Main problem is the shutdown after ten minutes and the incredibly slow boot times?

Any thoughts please?

Ok, CUDA sorted.

Shutdown might be ok too...

Just the incredibly slow boot now?

Edited by Northwinds

@MaLd0n So, I've updated to macOS Mojave... but it wasn't without any issues. When trying to upgrade (and then finally doing the first boot after upgrading) I noticed macOS would kernel panic almost immediately. My first thought was to manually disable kexts in Clover until it finally booted... and it did. It seems IntelMausiEthernet.kext and/or AtherosE2200Ethernet.kext was causing the kernel panic, as when removing both the kernel panics went away. So I removed those from my Clover kexts folder in the meantime. So I'm thinking there's probably something broken in my system somewhere.

Otherwise, the other changes I've made since the last time was switching from FakeSMC to VirtualSMC, which seems to be working just fine. But who knows, it might be the cause, not sure.

Just in case I did a new dump after booting into Mojave, would you mind looking and seeing if there's any issues, especially issues which might be the cause of those driver kexts kernel panicking? Thanks!

Send me Michaels-iMac.zip

EDIT: Also did a new DSDT dump with Clover just in case: DSDTDump.zip

Edited by Awesome Donkey

Hello MaLd0n!

I recently updated my system:

GA Z370 Horus Gaming 7 Bios 7

I7-8700K

SAPPHIRE Pulse RX 580 8GB

Samsung NVME 960 EVO twice

to Mojave 14.0 Release.

The System worked fine under 10.13.4, especially sleep.

The Problem is now: System goes to sleep and there is a wakeup after 1 second. And this goes on and on.

In addition my Bluray Pioneer isn't able to eject the disc after ripping. A reboot is necessary to get the disc out.

With windows everything is fine

Could you please help me and check my DSDT (taken from German HackintoshForum but with hints of your work inside!, probably the DSDT is from you)

Tank you very much in advance

Snowfall

Send me Michaels-iMac.fritz.box.zip

Greetings @MaLd0n

I received a new monitor yesterday (a Pixio PX277h FreeSync 2 monitor) and while it works fine with DisplayPort, HDMI is another story. What happens is after the first stage of the boot, the monitor will go into sleep (and lose the signal). However if I unplug and replug the HDMI cable, it works fine then. Of course, I've already tried updating by building the latest Git commit of Lilu+WhateverGreen but that didn't work. I also tried using the -cdfon boot-arg and that didn't work either. CSM is turned off in the UEFI BIOS (and enabling CSM doesn't make a difference).

Any ideas?

An update to this, I haven't been able to get the HDMI 2.0 output working yet with my new Pixio PX277h monitor and the Sapphire RX 580 PULSE GPU. Some findings;

- Having the latest Lilu+WhateverGreen doesn't make any difference, when it *should*.

- Using the -cdfon boot-arg (and not using it for testing) for all of the tests.

- Also tried removing/disabling WhateverGreen and manually using a framebuffer (Orinoco in this case).

- In addition to using the Orinoco framebuffer I tried using RadeonDeinit = true, InjectATI = true and a kext patch for AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy that disables the board-id check that the 18,3 SMBIOS seems to do (which WhateverGreen, as far as I know, should do too).

- DisplayPort and the HDMI 1.4 port work fine but the HDMI 1.4 port naturally doesn't give me 144hz under macOS (only 60hz).

- The HDMI 2.0 port does work if I unplug it and replug it. Seems a bit cumbersome though.

- I've extracted the EDID from Windows via the Custom Resolution Utility (CRU) app on Windows. Doesn't seem to make a difference. I've matched the EDID hex to what's seen under Linux as well, and it matches.

Should I report this to the WhateverGreen thread?

P.S. Another oddity that's semi-related I've noticed is, I can't get 144hz working under Linux (using Mesa+amdgpu) with DisplayPort either (and adding 144hz via xrandr results in a failure). Though I suspect this might be a Mesa/amdgpu bug, I'll have to look into that one at another date.

4 hours ago, Stathman said:

Hi!

I use bios F7. Sleep doesn't work :(.

Sleeps for a moment and immediately wakes up.

Any suggestions?

remove _prw, use power button for wake

# Remove all _PRW

into_all method label _PRW  remove_entry;
into_all all code_regex Name.*_PRW.*\n.*\n.*\n.*\n.*\}\) remove_matched;

13 hours ago, MaLd0n said:

remove _prw, use power button for wake

# Remove all _PRW

into_all method label _PRW  remove_entry;
into_all all code_regex Name.*_PRW.*\n.*\n.*\n.*\n.*\}\) remove_matched;

I can't find any _pwr entries.

2 hours ago, kaneske said:

Hi @MaLd0n :-)

Here I´m again...on F10 now, would you please have a look into?

Got issues with USB port Limit on 10.14.1 now :-(

IGFX needed for Preview working on JPEGs...

THX :-D

Send me Kaneskes-Pro.fritz.box.zip

DSDT.aml.zip

preview https://github.com/vulgo/NoVPAJpeg

usb, limit port don't work more, u need excluded unused ports