Gigabyte Aorus Gaming 7 Bios F5e

DoZe

301 posts in this topic

Greetings @MaLd0n

I've updated to 10.14.1 without issue... except for the last week or so I've randomly noticed an issue where wifi doesn't correctly work on some boots (like one boot out of ten).

Is there anything wrong with my setup? I've tried to keep up with the latest kext/driver updates: Send me iMac.zip

Also, how do you exclude unused ports to get USB 3.0 working without the USB limit patch?

13 hours ago, kaneske said:

Here I´m again...on F10 now

How's F10 working for you? I tried updating to it and everything went haywire with countless issues.

3 hours ago, Awesome Donkey said:

Greetings @MaLd0n

I've updated to 10.14.1 without issue... except for the last week or so I've randomly noticed an issue where wifi doesn't correctly work on some boots (like one boot out of ten).

Is there anything wrong with my setup? I've tried to keep up with the latest kext/driver updates: Send me iMac.zip

Also, how do you exclude unused ports to get USB 3.0 working without the USB limit patch?

How's F10 working for you? I tried updating to it and everything went haywire with countless issues.

u need check what ports system used, connect devices usb 2 in all ports and check ioreg, after usb 3, u see all HS0x and SS0x in used

On 10/31/2018 at 10:18 AM, Awesome Donkey said:

Greetings @MaLd0n

F10: Quite good so far, no issues. But my MSR is locked now, or was before and i did not recognise it. Anyways, it boots good so far with emuvariable and rc scripts...

Do you have emuvariable and rc scripts active? Solved me boot errors...

One annoying thing is that both of my VEGA 64´s don´t support native 4k in POST or even clover, so it´s VGA till OS login, just cosmetic.

If someone could unlock my MSR it would be great, even another BIOS for my VEGA for 4k Resolution in POST would be great.

@Awesome Donkey Here are your Ports whose are onboard except the USB 3.0 and USB-C Front Panel:

HS07;HS08;HS09;HS10;HS11;HS12;HS13;HS14;USR1;USR2;SS07;SS08;SS09;SS10

Patching via Clover @Boot-->Custom Flags:

uia_exclude=HS07;HS08;HS09;HS10;HS11;HS12;HS13;HS14;USR1;USR2;SS07;SS08;SS09;SS10

• Like 1

@kaneske thanks a lot for the USB port patching info! :D No, I don't use EmuVariableUefi or RC scripts as I was under the assumption they weren't needed, especially since I'm using AptioMemoryFix and native NVRAM *seems* to be working fine. Nonetheless, I added them for the time being to see if there's any difference. If I notice issues, I'll probably remove them.

I'll try updating to F10 again, and see if it works without the issues I experienced with every OS when booting. Maybe it was just a bad flash or something? We'll see...

Edited by Awesome Donkey

I guess the second attempt was the charm, the update to F10 worked this time around with no issues. @kaneske thanks for the patch info, looks like my USB 3.0 Bus and 3.1 Bus is showing under System Report - I *think* it's working correctly, but I could be wrong.

@MaLd0n Do I need a new DSDT.aml since updating from the F7 to the F10 UEFI BIOS? I've dumped the stuff via Clover again just in case: Send me iMac.zip

Thanks, as always. You guys are amazing! :)

3 hours ago, Awesome Donkey said:

I guess the second attempt was the charm, the update to F10 worked this time around with no issues. @kaneske thanks for the patch info, looks like my USB 3.0 Bus and 3.1 Bus is showing under System Report - I *think* it's working correctly, but I could be wrong.

@MaLd0n Do I need a new DSDT.aml since updating from the F7 to the F10 UEFI BIOS? I've dumped the stuff via Clover again just in case: Send me iMac.zip

Thanks, as always. You guys are amazing! :)

DSDT.aml.zip

layout-id 1, if u use other, just change in device HDEF

some new atches, new PMCR etc

enjoy

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi :0)

Nice to see this thread alive ! Big Thanks to All here. Special mention to MaLd0n & Awesome Donkey !

Just for information :

F7 Bios Update (Update CPU microcode for upcoming CPU - Improve windows boot time) also Intel® Management(ME) 11.8.50.3474 in bios file
F7 Bios Update #1 (OROM IRST RAID for SATA 16.7.0.3513 + fix to flash in QFlash)

F10 Bios Update (OROM IRST RAID for SATA 16.7.0.3513 + Optimized for Intel® 9th Gen)
F10 Bios Updare #1 ( New CPU MicroCode From Intel Not release from Gigabyte yet)

F11 Bios Update (Include support for GC-TITAN RIDGE) <---- Some People here doesn't tested yet ? Working perfect ?

F11 Bios Update #1 ( New CPU MicroCode From Intel Not release from Gigabyte yet + Network Orom )
F11 Bios Update #2 (EFI IRST RAID for SATA 17.0.0.3713 )

https://www.win-raid.com/t3217f44-OFFER-Gigabyte-GA-Z-Aorus-Gaming-BIOS-mod.html

Edited by DoZe

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

@MaLd0n Does your RunMe app not work right on 10.14.3 anymore? I run it, but it goes into a loop trying to save an IOREG. Nevermind, got it working. Cursed Mojave and the accessibility stuff!

Okay, I've updated to the F12c UEFI BIOS. Since the last time, I've also kept up with kext updates (thanks to Kext Updater) and updated to 10.14.3. I've also dumped the DSDT with Clover (it's in the ACPI > origin folder), however I found that I'm not able to boot at all without using the patched DSDT.aml from the F10 UEFI BIOS, so I'm using that for now but I might need a new one for F12c. Is there any Clover or kext changes/additions I need?

Send me iMac.zip

Thanks in advance!

Edited by Awesome Donkey

22 hours ago, Awesome Donkey said:

@MaLd0n Does your RunMe app not work right on 10.14.3 anymore? I run it, but it goes into a loop trying to save an IOREG. Nevermind, got it working. Cursed Mojave and the accessibility stuff!

Okay, I've updated to the F12c UEFI BIOS. Since the last time, I've also kept up with kext updates (thanks to Kext Updater) and updated to 10.14.3. I've also dumped the DSDT with Clover (it's in the ACPI > origin folder), however I found that I'm not able to boot at all without using the patched DSDT.aml from the F10 UEFI BIOS, so I'm using that for now but I might need a new one for F12c. Is there any Clover or kext changes/additions I need?

Send me iMac.zip

Thanks in advance!

check if all usb work good or appears error "need more power"

DSDT.aml.zip

Hi all. Thanks to all for the marvelous work you've done.

As usual, the latest modded bios available :

F12c Bios Update (Update CPU microcode -Improved system performance and stability)+ (Intel® Magement(ME) 11.8.60.3561 in bios file)
F12C Bios Update RC1 (fix CPU microcode)went to AA version now.

https://www.win-raid.com/t3217f44-OFFER-Gigabyte-GA-Z-Aorus-Gaming-BIOS-mod.html

Edited by DoZe

• 1 month later...

I've updated to the latest modded F12 BIOS posted above. Actually seems a little bit faster now.

@MaLd0n Do I need a new DSDT.aml? Here's the dump of everything, including native ACPI files. I've kept up with kext updates, but I'm not sure if there's anything new that needs to be added or something that needs to be changed/updated. Thanks as always! :)

Send me iMac.Home.zip

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Awesome Donkey said:

I've updated to the latest modded F12 BIOS posted above. Actually seems a little bit faster now.

@MaLd0n Do I need a new DSDT.aml? Here's the dump of everything, including native ACPI files. I've kept up with kext updates, but I'm not sure if there's anything new that needs to be added or something that needs to be changed/updated. Thanks as always! :)

Send me iMac.Home.zip

DSDT.aml.zip

check if work good, i removed 30k lines, unused devices, etc

• Thanks 1