Clover problems report & features request

ErmaC
953 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Vyzantion said:

No, I did not meant that I do not understand how it works, I meant I do not understand what to do.

What you have to do first is: post the installLog file, complete your signature  (config...). Which type of Clover Installation, you do: Legacy, ESP, etc.

5 hours ago, Matgen84 said:

What you have to do first is: post the installLog file, complete your signature  (config...). Which type of Clover Installation, you do: Legacy, ESP, etc.

My specs are: 
Asus P5P41TED motherboard, a legacy (BIOS) motherboard

Intel Core2Duo E8500

2 gb ddr 3 ram

Nvidia GeForce 6500

I have posted the contents of EFI partitions of former installations into a downloadable link a few days ago, I think the link still works. Did you meant another install log then the one in there?

I use the default installation method for Clover legacy, I only add Install Clover in the ESP and (sometimes) Clover Preferences Panel. Yesterday I have discovered that Slice and his team has taken over the development of FakeSMC, FakeSMC plugins and HWMonitor. The pen drive is made using the last years FakeSMC, but since yesterday I have upgraded FakeSMC and its plugins and Realtek internet kext. Voodoo PS2 kext from Slice of 2019 does not work, so I use the 2018 version from RehabMan. I also Voodoo HDA Audio repackaged by Chris1111 from this board, in classical mode. And, of course, I install a patched version of Catalina using the dosdude1 app, mostly because of the an issue that the internal hard-drives are invisible to the Catalina installer. From the dosdude1 app I use the SIP disable patch, Intel IDE controller patch, USB Inject patch, Legacy check compatibility patch.

Any more information required?

I have upgraded Clover in a previous installation those days like this: Installed Clover on the pen driver, then replaced any file and folder from there into Macintosh HD and its EFI partition, checking its content in mirror like, even the files from the usr folder. It worked, more or less. I do know if I can do this too ofter, I was thinking to use the files in the Clover iso. 

• Like 1

On 10/19/2019 at 2:59 PM, Vyzantion said:

Sorry, what you said does not make sense. First method can not be understood and the second is much too simple. I can not install Clover more then once on the Macintosh HD.

Well, it makes perfect sense - if you understand what is being asked, or perhaps is willing to try following simple steps.

First method preserves your current working Clover install, configuration, kernel extensions and drivers, while leaving the EFI/ESP partition clear and ready to receive a fresh new install of Clover. Afterwards, you dump your working configuration, kernel extensions and drivers back where they belong.

Second method is that simple since it only updates the required EFI file for your system to boot with the newer Clover version.

Both pretty much ends with the same result, but one gets an install via a package, whereas the other is a plain file copy.

• Like 1

It seems that RC scripts are not working for me in Catalina? Specifically 70.disable_sleep_proxy_client.local.

I noticed my machine was waking up every 2 hrs.

Seems /System/Library/ read only in Catalina so if I tried manually to run the script all I get is errors.

had to do

"sudo mount -uw /" then run "killall Finder" and copy a modified version over so sleep issue now gone. 

Edited by mitch1

53 minutes ago, Alex HQuest said:

Well, it makes perfect sense - if you understand what is being asked, or perhaps is willing to try following simple steps.

First method preserves your current working Clover install, configuration, kernel extensions and drivers, while leaving the EFI/ESP partition clear and ready to receive a fresh new install of Clover. Afterwards, you dump your working configuration, kernel extensions and drivers back where they belong.

Second method is that simple since it only updates the required EFI file for your system to boot with the newer Clover version.

Both pretty much ends with the same result, but one gets an install via a package, whereas the other is a plain file copy.

As I said, I can not install Clover the second time. I have tried similar solutions regarding mounting EFI, deleting Clover and installing it. I get the same error message, when I try to install. 

• 1 month later...
It seems that RC scripts are not working for me in Catalina? Specifically 70.disable_sleep_proxy_client.local.

I noticed my machine was waking up every 2 hrs.

Seems /System/Library/ read only in Catalina so if I tried manually to run the script all I get is errors.

had to do

"sudo mount -uw /" then run "killall Finder" and copy a modified version over so sleep issue now gone. 

fixed it from clover app of vector sigma.

나의 SM-N960N 의 Tapatalk에서 보냄

• Like 2

Getting ACPI namespace lookup errors and boot failure with Clover r5100 9014888 (with changes to Clover's dsdt fixes)...

70103181_ACPINamespaceLookupErrors.thumb.JPG.091860ff54273d03ac38d03e7f079de6.JPG

This is for my legacy desktop system (system no 2 in my signature).  No problem with Clover r5099 6852bd3.

Edit:  Fixed after commit r5101_ba2c47c :).

Edited by fusion71au
Fixed after r5101_ba2c47c
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

@Slice
thanks for implementing the mask patching to clover .
i am trying to use the mask kernel patches from opencore to clover.
but it doesnt seem to work.

can you confirm that this is correct way of mask patching in clover ? 

FIND: 833D0000 00000074 008B5DBC
    REPLACE: 00000000 00000100 00000000
   MASKFIND: FFFF0000 00FFFFFF 00FFFFFF
MASKREPLACE: 00000000 00000F00 00000000

5 hours ago, XLNC said:

@Slice
thanks for implementing the mask patching to clover .
i am trying to use the mask kernel patches from opencore to clover.
but it doesnt seem to work.

can you confirm that this is correct way of mask patching in clover ? 

FIND: 833D0000 00000074 008B5DBC
    REPLACE: 00000000 00000100 00000000
   MASKFIND: FFFF0000 00FFFFFF 00FFFFFF
MASKREPLACE: 00000000 00000F00 00000000

You want to get the result 833Dxxxx xx000174 xx8B5DBC where x is arbitrary?

This is correct way. Just sure about Capital letters.

On 12/7/2019 at 6:36 PM, XLNC said:

@Slice Hi !
I want make a clover feature request .
Can the XHCI Port limit patch feature of Opencore be added to clover ?

Thanks !

A bootloader should not be a collector for patches.

• Like 2

On 12/25/2019 at 9:47 AM, Slice said:

You want to get the result 833Dxxxx xx000174 xx8B5DBC where x is arbitrary?

This is correct way. Just sure about Capital letters.

A bootloader should not be a collector for patches.

@Slice Hi!
I enabled debug in clover to see why patches are not applying and saw that clover is showing error on all mask kernel patches present in the kernel patches list.

eg:

Patch[0]: commpage_populate -remove rdmsr
==> Success : 1 replace done

Patch[1]: cpu_topology_sort -disable _x86_validate_topology
==> Error : 0 replace done

Patch[2]: cpuid_set_cache_info - cpuid 0x8000001D instead 0
==> Error: 0 replace done

and so on ......

Here are the kernel patches that are shown above debug:

COMMENT : commpage_populate -remove rdmsr
    FIND : B9A00100 000F32
 REPLACE : 0F1F8000 000000

COMMENT : cpu_topology_sort -disable _x86_validate_topology
    FIND : E80000FF FF
MASKFIND : FF0000FF FF
 REPLACE : 0F1F4400 00

COMMENT : cpuid_set_cache_info - cpuid 0x8000001D instead 0
    FIND : 31C031DB 31C931D2 0FA24189 C6000000 00000000 74
MASKFIND : FFFFFFFF FFFFFFFF FFFFFFFF FF000000 0000FFFF FF
 REPLACE : B81D0000 8031DB31 C931D20F A24189C6 0F1F4000 EB

These same patches work fine in Opencore on catalina.
So not sure whats wrong, maybe any issue in the mask patching logic in clover ?

Thanks !

Edited by XLNC

3 hours ago, Slice said:

Give me catalina kernel. I will look how this patches may work.

Sure ! 
here is the kernel :
catalina_kernel.zip

And here is the .plist file, if you want to have a look at all the kernel patches for 15h_16h AMD CPU family to boot.
These kernel patches work on all 10.13.x,10.14.x,10.15.x macos on opencore.
15h_16h_config.plist.zip

thanks !

Edited by XLNC

• 2 weeks later...

Hey all,
I'm not sure if this is the best place to post this. I have a mac pro 2010, I'm trying to run Clover so I can access the bootloader with a non UEFI graphics card (Powercolor Vega 56).
I can't get the bootloader to show when this card is installed, it just gives me a black screen, I assume it has something to do with my config.plist.
I've tried running the config-genconfig but it just gives me a segmentation 11 fault.
I'm running Mojave 10.14.6. I'm really not sure what to do anymore.
Cheers.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/8/2020 at 9:59 PM, Slice said:

It is strange but I see no reason for such issue.

Test please again with newest Clover version.

@Slice Hi !
i tested mask patching with the latest clover but still the error is there on debug and macos doesnt boot.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/8/2020 at 9:23 PM, jlsantos_insanelyMac said:

Hi,

i'm having now Catalina working fine with my Toshiba Z30.

But it takes almost 20 second to open clover menu.

Can anyone help me pleas?

Thank you. 

More info?