AppleHDA Solution - Work in progress

Taruga

4,108 posts in this topic

Sorry for not being able and not having the time to read 200+ pages.Since you took the time to hit the "Reply" button, a "Yes" or "No" would be more useful.

All i know is that AppleHDA did NOT support Intel HD Audio.I just wanna know if thats fixed now in or if its on tarugas plans.If that is too much too ask than maybe i am wrong and i have misunderstood the reason this site was created.

Then, you know the answer

Can you at least send us a Linux codec dump from you audio card, so we can know which Intel HDA do you have?

Dear Taruga:

i have a inspiron 1525 with sigmatel 9205 the soun not work with this patch, qhen try to use hdapatcher 1.20 i can`t drag and drop the dump txt. u know what is the problem???

thanks

don't open the turtle icon, just drag and drop the codec onto the icon

I've beat my head against this one for days now and haven't been able to make it work. My hardware specs are in my signature.

I get a message that says Detected unsupported Conexant Codec" when I drop the linux codec dump on the 1.20 HDAPatcher. It says Vendor ID: 0x14f15051 and Subsystem ID: 0x17aa211c

Is there something I can tweak to make it work or am I just out of luck?

I'm running iDeneb 10.5.6 and haven't been able to get sound from any of my tinkering. I've tried the Azalia and other miscellaneous attempts at modifying plist files etc. I've googled and read and experimented until my eyes are blue.

The kernel version says Darwin 9.6.0.

The system profiler says Intel High Definition Audio Device ID: 0x17AA20F2

When I goto the sound preferences it's all greyed out.

When I use the detect hardware in OSx86Tools it sees the audio and pops up three choices of audio codec (none of which work) ALC888, ALC889A and AD1988b.

Thank you for any help and let me know if I didn't include enough information.

CodecDump.txt

As I am afraid of stealing someone else´s idea and kexts, I will only post a link in this thread, and asking Taruga to bring it to first post first page.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=140941

This is for the ALC 885. It got the IDs:

Vendor Id: 0x10ec0885

Subsystem Id: 0x15bd3112

Revision Id: 0x100101

Mine is on a DFI Lanparty DK P45-T2RS, but I know an abit-board got the same chip.

It says that it is ALC889A, but the speccs on the board says ALC885, so does windows. Judge yourselves

EDIT: A quick way to enjoy your new sound:

Swedish one-man band, one of the more heavier songs of him

Hey guys,

I was wondering how I could fix my audio problem. I have an internal audio system: Realtek AC97 ALC655. It seems that there is no associated dump listed on the "general dump list" (the closest one I could find was ALC 660). I tried to dump codec myself with Ubuntu, but it didn't work. I also downloaded ALC655+VIA patch and copied it into the extensions folder and followed it up with the terminal commands but that had no result as well. Can anybody please give some insight into fixing my audio problem; it would be muchly apprieciated. Thank you in advance.

OS 10.5.2 Kalyway

Kernel 9.2.0 (sleep)

Hello,

I have a Core 2 Duo E6300 on a P5B Deluxe mobo and an iDeneb v1.4 Mac OS X 10.5.6. Everything is working fine except the sound - I can't seem to make it work. I tried a couple of Azalia installers with which I get an output device in the sound preferences, but no sound comes from the speakers. I read that I had to choose more than two channels, but I don't have that option in the Audio MIDI Setup. I tried your AppleHDAPatcher which gives me "This codec is not working at the moment, it needs more research" with the AD1988B... so I really don't know what to do. :D I just need a couple of channels so I can listen to ANY music at all. ;)

Any help is appreciated!

Hi.

I have ALC883 and ideneb 1.4 but the system doesn't see any soundcard. :)

Can u help me please?

I am not very experienced with Hackintosh issues but just recently I did get my ideneb v1.4 working with my motherboard's ALC883 sound chip, so I will do my best to point you in the same direction that worked for me. This is from memory. Keep in mind others more experienced on this forum may have better solutions (or correct ones if my memory omits some important details). Only attempt the following if you are comfortable with unix/linux terminal commands.

Had to install a modified KEXT file in my iDeneb Hackintosh /System/Library/Extensions/ folder. Some KEXTs are like hardware drivers, others called "injectors" modify a database file used by MacOSX to define it's hardware configuration - I think?, kinda like the relationship between the Windows Registry and hardware driver files (.dll and .sys). This involves more than just copying the driver KEXT file(s) there. After you do that you have to tell MacOSX you want it to rebuild it's view of the hardware world.

In my case I found an archive file on a Hackintosh forum; ALC883-3LineOuts_Taruga.zip . I think "Taruga" refers to the fellow who has modified various Realtek ALC88x drivers for the community. Un-archive this file in iDeneb creating two folders; AppleHDA.kext and ALCinject.kext. Before you drag and drop these folders into /System/Library/Extensions/ you really should make backup copies of your existing folders in .../Extensions/ with the same names to some safe location on the hard drive.

After making backups of my own prior AppleHDA.kext and ALCinject.kext folders and deleting them I copied the new versions into /System/Library/Extensions/.

Now you have to tell MacOSX to rebuild it's hardware database. Open a terminal window and temporarily make yourself the superuser root (the following instructions were from another community member);

sudo -s

cd /System/Library

chmod -R 755 Extensions/

chown -R root:wheel Extensions/

touch Extensions/

rm -Rf Extensions.mkext

diskutil repairpermissions /

(the above commands force MacOSX to re-evaluate it's understanding of the hardware)

Reboot then hit F8 keyboard key to invoke the bootloader decision screen, use the boot-flags -v -f

( -v = verbose mode to display detailed boot info, -f = forces MacOSX to rebuild it's hardware database file information and load all KEXT driver files)

Because I am new to this forum I am not sure if it is kosher to upload the zip file for you, but I am making an attempt.

In my case after I rebooted into the iDeneb Mac desktop I still did not have any sound output or microphone input until I went into System Preferences --> Sound --> Output(tab) and specifically selected the first DEVICE called "Line Out" in the list of three. Basically did the same in the Input(tab) and selected the DEVICE "Internal Microphone". After that my sound worked reasonably well, iTunes played mp3's and my headset mic was working.

Good luck.

ALC883_3LineOuts_Taruga.zip

Hi guys,

sorry for the question, I'm a newbie. Any news about an HDA solution for ALC888S on ICH7? That's the audio chipset on my MSI WIND U100 and actually Internal Mic is not working at all...

Thank for your help!

Please help! Everytime i try to shutdown or restart my machine, i've got kernel panic says "releasing a driver AppleHDAController has corrupted registry". It happens only if i used sleep mode before. Audio - Sigmatel 9200, patched with AppleHDAPatcher 1.20.

Fixing permissions and using HDA fix didnt help.

P.S. Tried with Voodoo kernel 9.5.0.

Hello.

I installed taruga rev3; rev4 for asus p5k deluxe AD1988b sound.

I got stereo and mic working for sure,

but everytime i power off hackintosh i get restart screen error.

Its a ideneb 1.4 (10.5.6) vanilla kernel install.

Is there any solution for this?

Hi jjduro

There seem to be a heck of a lot of people struggling with lack of Mute function on Sigmatel 9200, me included on my Dell D420. Any idea if this is likely to be solvable or is it just a step too far?

PS My own codec dump is not supported by the 1.20 patcher so I used one of Taruga's stock, but looking at the two txt files there are quite a few subtle differences. It's attached here for your info. I used a Mandriva live cd. Do I need to do something to it before I use it?

Any thoughts or suggestions would be most welcome.

Thanks

Sigmatel9200__Mandriva_.txt

Hi, I am sorry, but I need help. I have installed iAtkos 10.5.5 into my dell 1420. Mostly everything works fine and I am quite happy with the installation. There are a few things that I would like to fix, but the number 1 bug that I have, and the one I've been really working on is the sound. I have no sound, i have tried to apply a new appleHDAkext with kexthelper, I've tried the patcher, I've tried the post-install with every 92xx option, and the best I could get was once I got sound through the headphones and that was it. I would be extremely thankful if somebody could help me out. When I purchased the dell I ordered it with the Audigy soundblaster option, which i believe is equivalent to the Sigmatel High Def Audio (9228?).

The system profiler tells me there is "no built-in audio". I have the speaker icon on the top right corner, and the laptop's volume controls work fine. Under system preferences I have "HD Audio Output" and under input there is "no input devices found." Under Audio Midi, there is the "HD Audio output" and nothing else available.

Finally there are a lot of things I'd like to have, like the ability to shutdown/restart completely without having the hold down the power button, or be able to scroll with the touchpad, but both of this things are very minor in comparison with the audio. I would also love to be able to use photobooth, but then I get a message that says my graphics card doesn't support it (my webcam works in other programs though). I know I'm a complete newbie here, and this is my first post, but I would really like to get some help with this issue.

Thank you very much everyone.

PS: Maybe I'm just doing something wrong... please help

Dell Inspiron 1420, Intel Core 2 Duo T7250 2MB/2.0Ghz/800Mhz FSB, 3GB DDR2 SDRAM 667MHZ, 128MB Nvidia Go 8400M GS, 120GB SATA (7200rpm), Integrated Sound blaster Audigy HD, 1490 802.11a/g, integrated 2MP webcam, 355 bluetooth internal, integrated 10/100 network card and modem.

Hi jjduro

There seem to be a heck of a lot of people struggling with lack of Mute function on Sigmatel 9200, me included on my Dell D420. Any idea if this is likely to be solvable or is it just a step too far?

PS My own codec dump is not supported by the 1.20 patcher so I used one of Taruga's stock, but looking at the two txt files there are quite a few subtle differences. It's attached here for your info. I used a Mandriva live cd. Do I need to do something to it before I use it?

Any thoughts or suggestions would be most welcome.

Thanks

No, Just drag and drop it onto the turtle icon. You'de better check other versions of Taruga's Patcher. There are a few codecs that only work with the older versions. So, if that doesn't work, give the old guys a chance :thumbsup_anim:

Can someone please help me? I am trying to get sound on my iatkos 10.5.5 installation. I dumped a codec using an Ubuntu live CD (8.10) and tried to install it on the HDA made for xps1330. I used patcher 1.20 and it didn't quite work, so I used 1.6 instead and then it worked, unfortunately it doesn't recognize any audio input and the only audio output I get is through the headphones. I've changed everything that I could on Audio Midi setup and on the system preferences-sound.

I've attached the 9228 codec Ubuntu dumped.

Please help, I appreciate you guys' time and efforts!

Dell Inspiron 1420, Intel Core 2 Duo T7250 2MB/2.0Ghz/800Mhz FSB, 3GB DDR2 SDRAM 667MHZ, 128MB Nvidia Go 8400M GS, 120GB SATA (7200rpm), Integrated Sound blaster Audigy HD, 1490 802.11a/g, integrated 2MP webcam, 355 bluetooth internal, integrated 10/100 network card and modem

codec.txt

From what I can tell this is a common problem..

AppleHDA Patcher - 2006/2007 by Taruga v1.20			

* Detected unsupported SigmaTel Codec

Yes it's in plain text and yes I've tried to put both files into the root directory :mellow:

Anyone have any progress on this?

Hi, I am sorry, but I need help. I have installed iAtkos 10.5.5 into my dell 1420. Mostly everything works fine and I am quite happy with the installation. There are a few things that I would like to fix, but the number 1 bug that I have, and the one I've been really working on is the sound. I have no sound, i have tried to apply a new appleHDAkext with kexthelper, I've tried the patcher, I've tried the post-install with every 92xx option, and the best I could get was once I got sound through the headphones and that was it. I would be extremely thankful if somebody could help me out. When I purchased the dell I ordered it with the Audigy soundblaster option, which i believe is equivalent to the Sigmatel High Def Audio (9228?).

The system profiler tells me there is "no built-in audio". I have the speaker icon on the top right corner, and the laptop's volume controls work fine. Under system preferences I have "HD Audio Output" and under input there is "no input devices found." Under Audio Midi, there is the "HD Audio output" and nothing else available.

Finally there are a lot of things I'd like to have, like the ability to shutdown/restart completely without having the hold down the power button, or be able to scroll with the touchpad, but both of this things are very minor in comparison with the audio. I would also love to be able to use photobooth, but then I get a message that says my graphics card doesn't support it (my webcam works in other programs though). I know I'm a complete newbie here, and this is my first post, but I would really like to get some help with this issue.

Thank you very much everyone.

PS: Maybe I'm just doing something wrong... please help

Dell Inspiron 1420, Intel Core 2 Duo T7250 2MB/2.0Ghz/800Mhz FSB, 3GB DDR2 SDRAM 667MHZ, 128MB Nvidia Go 8400M GS, 120GB SATA (7200rpm), Integrated Sound blaster Audigy HD, 1490 802.11a/g, integrated 2MP webcam, 355 bluetooth internal, integrated 10/100 network card and modem.

Audio -> Try this other thread for SB sound

Shutdown -> google for Openhaltrestart.kext. Install it with kexthelper

No, Just drag and drop it onto the turtle icon. You'de better check other versions of Taruga's Patcher. There are a few codecs that only work with the older versions. So, if that doesn't work, give the old guys a chance :)

Thanks. I tried all the older patchers and each one gave me the same "unsupported codec" message. Could it be something to do with the distro of linux that I used? I read somewhere that the latest Mandriva One Live 2009 was the best to use as it has all the latest drivers, so that's the one I used. Does it make a difference using the distro in Live mode rather than doing an actual install?

Thanks again for your help and any suggestions.