AppleHDA Solution - Work in progress

Taruga

4,108 posts in this topic

umm... i am SO lost. I am trying to get audio working on my Lenovo laptop (3000 N100), just installed the iDeneb 10.5.5, and all is fine except audio. I downloaded the 1.20 patcher....now what do I do? I am clueless as to what audio card I have.

-Thanks for the help.

any help appreciated!

i have Asus P5be-plus motherboard which i believe (says on web) that i have ad1988 chipset onboard audio

under mac where can i check for 100% sure wat i have and if indeed it is ad1988 is there a kext? to install? i have tried all available version on the iPC dvd 10.5.6 to no avail ad1988/b/p5k i have read somewhere that someone had success with ideneb's version but can't find it anwhere to download....

or is this all impossible?

btw i can get basic audio with azalia but would like (really need) inputs etc to work

thankyou!

Hey Taruga, thanks for all the help you are great. I have a problem with my ALC262 driver, I made the Linux Codec Dump from Ubunto 8.10 LiveCD and used with your AppleHDA Patcher, and the output it`s working great but I have no Audio input working, the thing it´s that I´m testing Garageband 09, and it will be really sweet if I could use an input, I tried with an USB Audio card wich is an USB 3D SOUND Model PU552, and it kind of wors, but I would love to use my ALC262 input, is there any chance you can help me out? Or is there any guide I could follow to make it work? I attached the codec dump, thanks for all, keep on the great work, ciao.

ALC262_Codec0_VGN_N220E.txt

Guest BuildSmart

There are reported claims that STAC92XX can be made to work with the 10.5.0/10.5.2 AppleHDA.kext but I have yet to see a working solution.

I have 2 possible options, STAC9221D and STAC9274D,

Does anyone really have one of these audio STAC's working using the Leopard AppleHDA.kext or is this just wishful thinking on their part?

If it does work, can someone pm me a link for of the driver for the STAC9274D so I can do some testing please, thank you.

hello i have a dell xps 410 and i got the internet working now i spent the whole night trying to figure out how to get my sound working. I have a sigmatel high definition codec but no matter what i try it dosent work. im sort of STUCK ON HOW to dump a file. First i edit copy what ever is on this link http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...mp;&do=findComment&comment=295155 ) and i have the apple hda patcher but i dont know how to make both them to work together, any help WILL BE APPRECIATED. thanks angel

EDIT: Tried the STAC9271D.txt with AppleHDAPAtcherv1.20 but when rebooting, froze at grey Apple screen. Rebooted, did -x and it started in Safe mode. Rebooted again, and it starts up but just without any sound. Anyone have the same issue?

Previous: Looking for the STAC9271D kext. Thanks a ton in advance.

Hi all, I've been digging around for hours now and it appears that there is no proper HDAEnabler for the ALC889a, that allows the system to use 5.1 and 7.1 surround sound. On another forum it was mentioned that most of the 889a mods are based on an 885 codec dump, rather than an 889a. Does anyone know where to get the correct kext's so that 5.1 and 7.1 audio aren't grayed out in audio midi setup?

hy taruga..

I'm asking you how to use my dump

because the 1.20 release seems to be right when I launch it.. but after the reboot I see not all the item in the prefpane there are 3 output (2 analog and 1 digital) and 2 inut.. and .. I will be happy if those works.. but anyone works. No audio.. no input.

this is an ALC888 S/T (somebody wrote that it is alc888/100) ..boh

bye

EDIT: Tried the STAC9271D.txt with AppleHDAPAtcherv1.20 but when rebooting, froze at grey Apple screen. Rebooted, did -x and it started in Safe mode. Rebooted again, and it starts up but just without any sound. Anyone have the same issue?

Previous: Looking for the STAC9271D kext. Thanks a ton in advance.

google for Taruga's Surrogate Sollutions and ask there

200 pages and over 1.5 million views!!

This is a monster thread

Anyway, any news on the new universal Audio driver Taruga was talking about?!

Nope. Sorry. Still inside Taruga's head.

Hi people. Sorry for my english (oh, those Russians) :)

I have motherboard MSI 915GV with ALC 880 and iPC 10.5.6. Video work, but sound... I think that AppleHDAPatcher can help me, but how use him? I launch them, open a window with text "Pleas drag and drop bla bla bla etc". As i understand i have to use file *.txt content linux codec dump. I try to drag and drop this file into window, into icon on dock (may be funny but i really can`t understand) and happens - nothing. Simple copy\paste not work. Where i have to drag and drop txt file or what i do wrong?

Hi people. Sorry for my english (oh, those Russians) :)

I have motherboard MSI 915GV with ALC 880 and iPC 10.5.6. Video work, but sound... I think that AppleHDAPatcher can help me, but how use him? I launch them, open a window with text "Pleas drag and drop bla bla bla etc". As i understand i have to use file *.txt content linux codec dump. I try to drag and drop this file into window, into icon on dock (may be funny but i really can`t understand) and happens - nothing. Simple copy\paste not work. Where i have to drag and drop txt file or what i do wrong?

Download it Here and use KextHelper for installation. Voila you got LineIn and LineOut (its ALC880).But if you could have selected right AudioCodec while installation you would have got it.Next time while installation Try to Select right AudioCodec.

Have Fun :)

ALC880.zip

Guys Hi

I have relatek alc 888 8 channel audio onboard card and I m using 5.1 sound system. My problem is only 2 line out shows on the audio midi.So ı just use my sub. and media speaker.Others aint work.Please help me guys I wanna listen 5.1 music

Sorry about my english if it s bad :)

Guys Hi

I have relatek alc 888 8 channel audio onboard card and I m using 5.1 sound system. My problem is only 2 line out shows on the audio midi.So ı just use my sub. and media speaker.Others aint work.Please help me guys I wanna listen 5.1 music

Sorry about my english if it s bad :D

Download it.not sure about working.Give it a try :)

ALC888_6Ports_Digital.pkg.zip

Greetings XLabs:

You do great work!

Multimedia:

Audio Adapter Intel 82801EB ICH5 - AC'97 Audio Controller [A-2/A-3]

Installed iDeneb 10.5.6 v1.4 Intel on Dell B110 Dimension.

I am getting "No Built In Audio" in my System Profile. And No PCI installed, yet my Ethernet controller PCI card is working. I recently added a plug and play Firewire 400 "For Best Ports Connection" (Mac) and it registered fine.

Multimedia:

Audio Adapter Intel 82801EB ICH5 - AC'97 Audio Controller [A-2/A-3]