AppleHDA Solution - Work in progress

Taruga

4,108 posts in this topic

Hey Guys,

I use AppleHDA v1.2 to install Sigmatel or Stac 9200 audio driver. While audio is working for my D820 laptop inspite of the the know issues, such as line-in not appearing as an option or audio not getting muted went headsets are plugged in.

One lingering problem is the shutdown/sleep when AppleHDA is enabled. I have to hold down the power button to shut it my system off completely. Also I've the same problem when the lid is closed. The power light stays on and never goes off nor does the system sleep.

When AppleHDA extension is deleted or disabled entirely then the problem goes away and have no isseus with sleep at all. I've seen someone else experienced this same problem. Is there a workaround solution.

Thanks

Please help! Everytime i try to shutdown or restart my machine, i've got kernel panic says "releasing a driver AppleHDAController has corrupted registry". It happens only if i used sleep mode before. Audio - Sigmatel 9200, patched with AppleHDAPatcher 1.20.

Fixing permissions and using HDA fix didnt help.

P.S. Tried with Voodoo kernel 9.5.0.

Hello,

I'am having the same problem with AppleHDAController and kernel panic when shutting down my Dell Dimension 9150.

I'am running an IATKOS Distribution and updated to 10.5.6. My system runs also with Voodoo kernel 9.5.0. Also the further kernel 9.2.0 has the same problem. But it will happen every time when I try to shut down the system. I have patched the sound with AppleHDAPatcher 1.20 and I am using a codec dump created with a Knoppix Linux. Without the patched sound and the original AppleHDA.kext, the shutdown will succeed without a kernel panic.

I can't find a solution for this problem.

Sleep works perfect and all the things. Only the shutdown can't be solved.

Also the OpenHaltRestart.kext did not help. The repair of the system rights also did not help.

The error message says always (if you have started the system with params "-v -f"):

unmount of /home failed (45)

unmount of /net failed (45)

done

CPU halted

panic (cpu 0 caller (0x003E C9E2)

"A driver releasing a(n) AppleHDAController has corrupted the registry "@/Kernel/xnu-1228.7.58/libkern/c++/OSObject.cpp:241"

Debugger called: <panic>

Backtrace (CPU 0) Frame: Return Address (4 potential args on stack)

0x61d27df8: 0x12b080 (0x45a108.....)

Backtrace terminated - invalid frame pointer 0

Mac OS version

9G55

Perhaps anybody has a solution for me.

Thanks a lot.

Patch the AppleHDA with your codec, take the AppleHDAController Plugin from unpatched AppleHDA and put it to the patched AppleHDA Plugin Folder, modify the Info.plist of AppleHDAController with Pin Config Data, and install now the AppleHDA.kext

Thanks. I tried all the older patchers and each one gave me the same "unsupported codec" message. Could it be something to do with the distro of linux that I used? I read somewhere that the latest Mandriva One Live 2009 was the best to use as it has all the latest drivers, so that's the one I used. Does it make a difference using the distro in Live mode rather than doing an actual install?

Thanks again for your help and any suggestions.

Nope. If it says it is unsupported it's because it can check your codec version and knowns it can't patch it. sorry

Hey Guys,

I use AppleHDA v1.2 to install Sigmatel or Stac 9200 audio driver. While audio is working for my D820 laptop inspite of the the know issues, such as line-in not appearing as an option or audio not getting muted went headsets are plugged in.

One lingering problem is the shutdown/sleep when AppleHDA is enabled. I have to hold down the power button to shut it my system off completely. Also I've the same problem when the lid is closed. The power light stays on and never goes off nor does the system sleep.

When AppleHDA extension is deleted or disabled entirely then the problem goes away and have no isseus with sleep at all. I've seen someone else experienced this same problem. Is there a workaround solution.

Thanks

Use the openhaltrestart.kext

Hello.

I installed taruga rev3; rev4 for asus p5k deluxe AD1988b sound.

I got stereo and mic working for sure,

but everytime i power off hackintosh i get restart screen error.

Its a ideneb 1.4 (10.5.6) vanilla kernel install.

Is there any solution for this?

Do you use the openhaltrestart.kext?

Hi

Toshiba Satellite P100 227

I've completed a linux codec dump for Conexant HDA (I'm pretty sure it's exactly the same as the conexant_hda5047.txt one floating around) . I've included the text file below.

Conexant_CX20551__Waikiki_.txt

I then drag that onto the most recent patch (by ?Taurgus, sorry if spelt wrong). It completes and says something like it's including node id's in pathmap, Speaker: 19 25 16 and Spdif Out: 24 17.

The patcher completes without a hitch and says you can now reboot. I've rebooted a few times and i still have no sound at all.

When i click on Audio (Built-in) in system profile thingy in Mac it has one line that says Intel High Definition Audio and nothing else.

In Sound in System Preferences it says "no output device" under the output tab.

Do I need to do something more after the patch?

Cheers

Tim

V1.20 produces no output.

Very odd behavior: I have an Dell XPS 420 with a STAC9227 based chip 0x83847618. I have downloaded several codec dumps for this ID and also had one I generated from Linux. Trying patcher versions 1.16-1.19 produced no noticeable change.

On an off chance I read a post about using an older version (v1.13) that seemed to work for someone. So I download and try this version and my onboard sound works.

Unfortunately I wasn't paying attention and didn't note which codec dump I used. (Should have named them better to distinguish them.)

I wanted to find out which combination of patcher and codec produced the results so I figured, no problem I'll just try each combination until I find the working one.

Between every combination I removed the previous AppleHDA.kext and ALCinject.kext, rebooted, apply the next combination and then rebuild kext cache and then rebooted again before testing each version.

I was unable to reproduce the working version again. :(

Any ideas?

I have a XPS 420 purchased July 2008 and same chipset as yours (I believe) and I used STAC9227_83847618 with AppleHDAPatcher_v1.13 and my audio works!

Thanks!

Update: I lose audio when I reboot. I used the AppleHDAPatcher_v1.13 + STAC9227_83847618 and it didn't work. Then, I applied AppleHDAPatcher_v1.20 + STAC9227_83847618 right after and it's working again!

Update 2: Again, I lose audio after reboot. This time I used the AppleHDAPatcher_v1.20 + STAC9227_83847618 first, as usual, it didn't work. Then, I applied AppleHDAPatcher_v1.13 + STAC9227_83847618 and it's working again.

So I guess it doesn't matter order you use, but you have to apply patch twice. AND, you have to do it every time you turn on the machine.

I tried patcher 1.17,1.18 anf 1.20 with my linux codec dump and i get unsupported codec.

My codec dump is at www.pastebin.ca/1388578

Sound Card: IDT 92HD71BXX

Vendor: 0x111d76608

Anybody come across this, and what's the solution to get my sound working?

Having some trouble here with sound. Spent all day and yesterday trying to get this working and searching around, but I'm not having a lot of luck.

I have the Gigabyte 12BB1-P35-DS3L-00R. From my research it appears this has the onboard ALC888 chip. I have the 10.5.6 iPC "Final" edition installed on this system, and I used the ALC888 driver support that came with the installer DVD.

Sound works. It worked right away. Problem is the mids are crappy, bass is almost nonexistent, and if either are boosted, it manifests itself in the treble range.

I read that the problem had to do with the "IntSpeaker" aspect and the fact that Apple likes to filter sound so that it doesn't damage, or distort, when played on laptop speakers. So, I went through each entry one by one in the Info.plist file and removed all references to filters, equalization, etc, in SignalProcessing->SoftwareDSP entries.

The driver still works, I still get sound, but I haven't noticed any improvement in the sound.

There's some other entries I don't understand in other sections - don't know what's up with the PathMaps section (not to be confused with PathMapRef). NodeIP, ProcessingState, Amp, Channels, etc... unsure the meaning of this.

Any help would be HUGELY appreciated. I'm willing to continue doing research and working at this, but right now I don't even know where to begin on this. I have no documentation on how this is set up, so it's difficult to decipher these different files in the .kexts and decide on a direction to take.

EDIT: A bit more information: in System Preferences->Sound->Output, all that is seen is "Line out Built-in Line Output," and for System Preferences-Sound->Input, "Internal microphone Built-in" and "Line In Audio Line-in Port." So the mentioned "Internal Speaker" option isn't available for selection. (I must emphasize there are no filters, equalizers, etc. in the LineOut sections in Info.plist.)

Do you know if it's possible to do this from a LiveCD? I have an Ubuntu LiveCD lying around... I don't have any extra drives to install Linux onto though.

Thanks. :)

Ok.. try this Kext

erase Appleazalia, and AppleHDA.kext before rebooting. Install it with kexthelper. Give me a report.

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!

I have bass!!!

It still sounds like a cheap chip, but this is actually enjoyable to listen to and I am content with this. Again, thanks, I was about to go buy a $100 USB sound card (which I may end up doing eventually as I am a bit of an "audiophile" seeing as I make electronic music, but I don't really have a lot of money to spare at this time).

:):D :D

i really dont get it, where should i copy the linux code to? To the icon in the dock? o.O

Copy it into a TXT file and drag and drop it onto the closed Turtle (Taruga) Icon

I have a couple of questions that are not covered.

Which version of the original AppleHDA.kext should I have installed before running it?

Do I still need HDAEnabler.kext in /S/L/Extensions?

Does this work with 5.1 sound too?

the patcher installs its own patched versions of the AppleHDa.kext.

HDAenabler is ALCinject nextstep. So, yes. You'll need it if you delete ALCinject. Without HDAEnabler you won't have any sound info in System profiler.

Hi to everyone, sorry for my bad english and sorry for my stupidity. I cannot understand what do you mean whit

Drag and drop a linux codec dump into AppleHDA Patcher icon
because i take the txt file from here
Some of them, can be found here: http://psykopat.free.fr/apple/AppleHDA/
as you said, but when i drang and drop the file into the icon nothing appens :angel: maibe i can't understand what do you mean. thanks for helping

I am just going to add to the masses, I have an M1330 from Dell with the Sigmatel 92XX chip for sound and I cannot get it to work for the life of me, I've tried every .kext here. also unfortunantely I don't have my old old one, cause I have installed so many .kexts.

I am running 10.5.6 I have used the STAC whatever kext from the Dell Compilation here on the site, with 10.4.8 awhile back with no problems what so ever but now It's just a pain.

Any ideas how I can just start fresh ? (Without re installing)

hey, i have this. but the patcher gives me

* Detected unsupported Analog Codec

this is the dump.

i have sound. but ONLY WITH DOCKINGSTATION...

its a hp elitebook 8530w

Codec: Analog Devices AD1984A

Vendor Id: 0x11d4194a

Subsystem Id: 0x103c30e7

Revision Id: 0x100400

any ideas?

codec0.txt